“Good and bad”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #6 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is the first time we have been to benidorm. The hotel is well placed to access the old and the new town easily. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and were presented with a lovely celebration cake on the first night along with a bottle of cava, this was a lovely touch and very appreciated. there was an ample range of food types to accommodate everyone and the staff in the restaurant were very attentive and friendly. the pool is cold but very clean as are all the toilet areas indoor and outdoor. On Mother's Day all the mothers were presented with a lovely gebera which was also lovely.
On the down side the walls appear thin and street noise and people snoring could be heard as well as TV noise. We spoke to others in the hotel who were at the back of the hotel they also heard there neighbours. some of the bar person ell were magnificent especially Ricardo who was outstanding and clearly liked his job, nothing was too much trouble to him. Others were less impressive. On one occasion I had to ask for our table to be cleaned as the waiter was going to put drinks onto a very dirty table. He was not impressed and did not hide it. I also along with a few others stood at the bar for a drink and three others were served then the waiter disappeared and another guest told me he was out the side for a cigarette. The hotel at that point wasn't particularly busy and waiting staff didn't appear hard pressed. Another waiter was on the phone to his family and kept my husband standing waiting for ages while he chatted. reception staff helped me when I had problems accessing Wifi but it was a daily hastle maintaing access to wifi. the young girl with the long hair on reception was brilliant she helped us print off our flight tickets. Although there was a festival on on the Thursday reception staff told two ladies there wasn't a festival on even although we had been out that day taking pictures of the people involved who were dressed up in national dress and they processed through the streets carrying flowers.
Overall a good Hotel which could be improved on. I feel guests are afraid to be honest in their comments because of the robust and at times defensive stance which is apparent in the managers comments following each review. We booked this Hotel because of the Trip advisor high scores but because of our experience I am reluctant to just go on trip advisor percentages. We will not return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Good morning from Benidorm marynurse_8,

I would like to start of by thanking you for choosing our Hotel RH Royal for such an important celebration and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

I am very pleased that the cava and cake along with the Mother’s Day flowers were appreciated, we always try to go the extra mile for customer service.

I am sorry to hear that neighbours were noisy, I don’t know if you rang reception at the time, had you done so we would have kindly asked them to tone it down.

With regards to your comments regarding the bar staff, I can only apologize if you feel that it wasn’t good service and I assure you that measures have already been taken, as I have already said customer service and satisfaction is our nº1 priority. You mention one of the waiters was talking on his phone, I would like to point out we have an internal cordless phone in the bar area for departments to communicate, it may have been that phone the waiter was talking on.

Very pleased that reception was able to help you with printing your boarding pass. As for the festival, there is no reason why the reception would say there wasn’t any events going on, I can only think there was a misunderstanding and apologize that you were not satisfied with the response at the time.

I am sorry you find our responses robust, but there are always two sides to a story and we simply gather information and reply to each point raised. As I have said many times, it’s easy to go home and write on a website, but all these points could have been addressed with me personally whilst you were here!

Despite the issues I do hope you return and we can restore your faith in us, as you yourself say it has got many good points.

Hotel RH Royal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it. Our room was on the 8th floor kept immaculately clean by the housekeeping staff. We arrived about 2100 hrs and were requested to go to dinner and book in later as the restaurant closes at 2200hrs. We did this, after which the book in was very quick and efficient. As I said before the room was spotless also quite spacious and pleasantly furnished with flat screen TV showing lots of English speaking channels including ITV and BBC. The public areas are again immaculate and very modern with a well equipped bar which is reasonably priced. All the staff were extremely friendly and always greeted you with a smile. The food is excellent, with a lot of choice and show cooking and tables were always available and cleaned up very quickly. The location is very near the old town and a short stroll to the beach All in all this hotel is very well run and I certainly would return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenross40
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

What a great start to a Friday morning kenross40,

Thank you so very much, not only for your review on our “perfect Hotel” RH Royal but also for your recommendation.

I was very pleased to hear that you made it in time to enjoy your first dinner and that the check-in process was “quick and efficient”.

It’s nice to read you appreciated the little extras like the British TV channels.

I will of course pass your comments on to our “extremely friendly” staff, and to the chef for his “excellent” food, they will all be extremely happy.

Hoping to welcome you back for a second visit in the future and thank you once again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were recommended this hotel by my cousin and his wife and joined them for a weeks stay there in November 2013. Every bit as good as they said!! Room was spotless, great service and food was good.So much so that we have just booked up again to return this year.Cannot wait!!! :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shona H
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Buenos días Shona,

It was so nice to read your review of our Hotel RH Royal after your recent stay with us, and even nicer to hear that you chose the hotel based on a recommendation! I am so very pleased it was everything you hoped for.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

a hotel that gives what it say's a hotel that has eveything that you would expect for a first class break, service that can't be beaten, food the best in Benidorm, rooms can't be bettered for cleanliness maid service brilliant, atention to detail first class. If you want a hotel for piece of mind look no further it has what you want and the price is right .

Room Tip: all perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mayrenparty

Greetings from Benidorm Mayrenparty,

My sincere thanks for sharing your positive feedback of our Hotel RH Royal with fellow travellers. So pleased to read that the hotel lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed a “first class break”. I will pass on your comments to all the team here, especially to the chef for the “best food in Benidorm”, he is going to be delighted!

Thank you once again for your comments and recommendation of our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

There is NOTHING bad I can say about this hotel - where do you want me to start?

Staff - Caring, kind, efficient, very customer care orientated
Food - Lavish, hot, plentiful, something for everybody
Hotel - Clean, tidy, light and airy
Overall a wonderful hotel which should have 5 stars.
Thank you to everybody at the hotel for making mine and my mothers (90th birthday) celebration extra special.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 7th floor with a wrap around balcony which was very useful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank paulxm
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good Morning from Benidorm Paulxm,

I was happy to read that our Hotel RH Royal “exceeded your expectations”, especially after your last review.

I am so very pleased you enjoyed your stay you consider the hotel worthy of 5 stars, it seems it ticks all the right boxes.

It was a pleasure to have you both stay for such a special occasion. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Have just returned from 6 days at this very good hotel. This is how a hotel should be run!! The room was perfectly adequate (on the 7th floor) The food was excellent. Great selection well cooked and warm. The staff in the bar area very very pleasant. Happy hour was enjoyed daily. The weather too was warm and sunny so all in all no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mags96
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

A very good afternoon mags96,

My sincere thanks for your positive feedback regarding the “jewel” Hotel RH Royal after your recent holiday in Benidorm.

The positive feedback is a great motivation for myself and the whole team. Really pleased to read that you made the most of the daily happy hour and enjoyed the “excellent” food, our chef will be over the moon with this comment.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for week at Easter.....lovely and clean.,lovely staff n fab food well worth a stay here...could not fault this place at all....location fab as well,we was facing the road at the front heard bit of noise, but once asleep never disturbed during night.....brilliant time n hotel we will be back next year n thanks for great stay guys....!

Room Tip: Adult only hotel fab fab fab....!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fardy
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Buenas Tardes Fardy,

I am so pleased you took the time to write your review on the “awesome” Hotel RH Royal after your recent stay with us.

It was so nice to read you couldn’t fault it and that you enjoyed everything from the “fab food and location” to the “lovely staff”.

I really hope we get to welcome you back next year for another “brilliant time”.