“Brilliant holiday”
Review of Hotel RH Royal

Ranked #10 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is fabulous,food is first rate, rooms are clean, staff are hard working and friendly Oney goes out of his way to please the guests and, is always cleaning the tables and bar area, he makes wonderful cocktails, unlike one barman who can't really be bothered, I would have rated this hotel full marks apart from hen parties......why !!??
Why can't they be contained on a floor of their own,preferably in the unsed downstairs area. I don't mean all of them ,just the ones tat charge up and down corridors at 4 am and scream,shout,and bang doors!!
The walls are quite thin in the hotel, you can hear the television next door, or loud music if once again they are disrespectful neighbours, but we had a brilliant holiday. Maybe rowdy disrespectful women ( of all ages) could learn a few manners and possibly grow up and stop making out all English/ British people are yobs!!
All inclusive drinks are a bit weak!

Room Tip: It may start off a good room, but then easily go downhill!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgeygirl
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Good morning georgeygirl,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your “Brilliant holiday” experience in our Hotel RH Royal.

I am so pleased to read your enjoyed the fabulous food and that all aspects to the hotel were to your liking. I will of course pass your comments on to Oney, I am sure it will make his day!

With regards to the hen parties, it is not something we encourage in our hotel. I don’t know if at the time you reported the noise to reception, had you done so we would have kindly spoken to those concerned. I am sorry this aspect was a let-down, but do hope you return in the future as the hotel has many positive aspects.

Have a great weekend

There are newer reviews for Hotel RH Royal

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We went here last september.... Our experience was all good, we arrived at the hotel at 10pm to find a plated selection from the buffet, with wine, as we had missed our evening meal. We were given a twin room but did point out that we had asked for/booked a double. Immediately we were given room 901 which was part of a 'suite' of two rooms with their own front door .....
This room was on the top floor, overlooking the front/main road ..... We did not hear any street noise or neighbours.
We are returning on 30th August and have asked for a double room, with the large corner balcony which should overlook both the pool AND the main road but 901 or 902 would be even better ;-) .... We are meeting and holidaying with another couple, whom we met last year.
We have received an email, acknowledging our requests but also pointing out that they may not be a guaranteed 'dead cert' ... We appreciate this as the hotel will be busy and rooms may already be allocated. We did not have to pay for a room safe last year but would willingly do so for peace of mind at an alleged cost of 1.5 Euros per night.
Food was good, buffet style for all meals .... We stayed ALL INC last year and will be doing the same this year, you could also have light lunches from the pool bar at any time of day.
All staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. Our room was cleaned, with fresh towels, daily ......
The hotel is in a perfect location for us, being 10 minutes 'stroll' into the old town and 15 minutes into the new .......
We had considered an alternative hotel, purely because there are so many with good reviews, but decided almost immediately that The Royal was the hotel for us ...... ALL INC, adult only, very good all-round service ...
Food was also very good with a lot of choice ......
We are in our 40s, our friends in their 60s. We felt that the hotel caters exceptionally well for our age groups ......
We are very excited about our return .....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank belle1967
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Belle,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us once again at the Hotel RH Royal, and for writing us a review.

Great to read how much you enjoy our facilities, we look forward to welcoming you back in August,

Kindest Regards

Ana Martinez – Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 12 nights on the 9th.May'14.,having flown from Southampton Airport.

LOCATION:- EXCELLENT - turn right, walk 100 yards and your in the "Old Town" which has all the old world charm of Spain with "Classy Shopping", From here what I call "international Drive" starts, which is Benidorm's main shopping street that follows Levante Beach till the other end of the Resort. The 2 streets above have all the Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants that cater for the "Brits".

HOTEL - EXCELLENT - Adults Only - the Hotel has 9 Floors and about 150 Rooms each of which is well equiped and like the entire Hotel is Spotlessly Clean. They even provide TV with ITV - 1,2,3,4,-BBC - 1,2. and SKY News.
The Ground Floor has all the Hotel amenities - Restaurant, Bar, 2 Lounges and Swimming Pool.
Although I must warn you the Pool water is piped in from "Siberia" each morning, which proved great fun watching the Guests find out !!

RESTAURANT. VERY GOOD - we were told the Food comes from their sister Hotel Victoria across the road, but you would not have known as it was always Hot with good choice, and the Breakfast "Baked Beans" was the best I have ever tasted.

ENTERTAINMENT - O.K.- all hotels throughout Spain seem to offer the same diet of "Solo Singers" and "Dancers", although we did notice it repeated itself the second week.

STAFF - ABOVE EXCELLENT - This is where the Royal really scores very highly. Every single member of Staff were Cheerful, Friendly and Efficient, and I could name them all, but will say ANOS was our favourite in the Bar area with Juan Antonia also excellent.

I said in my title this Hotel cares, and on our second morning were told that a fellow retired English Guest had awoken to find his wife had passed away during the night. I cannot speak highly enough of the lengths the Hotel Management and Staff went too to help in this traumatic of times with the language and other problems when you don't speak Spanish. On behalf of the other Guests my sincere gratitude goes to "THE ROYAL" for what they did for this gentleman.
We shall definately return.
Ian from Portsmouth

2  Thank CANTY30
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

A very good afternoon CANTY30,

On behalf of myself and all the staff thank you so very much for your review of the Hotel RH Royal. I was so pleased to read that you found most of the hotels aspects “Excellent”, and really pleased your English “Baked Beans” at breakfast where “the best” you’d ever tasted, and in Spain LOL!

I have taken note of your feedback regarding the entertainment and will review. The programme changes according to the seasons.

It was really nice to read your comments about the team we have here, I am very proud of each and every one of them, they will always do their very best for guests.

Thank you once again for your gratitude towards the hotel and their caring attitude.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very clean, good food and good location being just 5 mins from old town or one of the beaches.
All the staff was very friendly and helpful.
We went all inclusive limited to local brands of drinks for free but if you wanted anything else from the well-stocked bar you can pay for it at 30 per cent of the bar price.
Not a bad deal.

The place was fully booked in May so you may need to book early to get a room.
I don't think many people will be disappointed with hotel

3  Thank MorganHornchurch
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

A very good morning MorganHornchurch, what a great start to the week.

I would like to thank you for your review of our Hotel RH Royal. So pleased you enjoyed the “good” food and made the most of the hotels ideal location as well as our all inclusive offers.

Thank you once again for the review and recommendation. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My 5 days stay at the Rh Royal was a pleasure in this hidden gem.
Booking this hotel through recomendation I wasn't dissapointed. My single room contained a three quarter size bed, carpeted throughout ( unusual in Spain but added to the rooms finish)a large balcony and large flat screen TV with plenty of English channels. The tea and coffee making facility was much appreciated with a fridge also a god send for chilled water.
The hotel was decorated to a high standard with a lovely pool and garden area with outside jacuzzi! The pool bar was well stocked with very little waiting for service.
The food ( I stayed half board) was faultless with a daily meat of the day freshly cooked by chefs with daily show cooking.
All in all this adults only hotel is one I may have missed in my past visits to Benidorm but I will be making a return visit soon I hope and will be reccomending the Royal to everyone visiting Benidorm in the future!!!!!!!

Room Tip: My 9th floor front facing room was nice and quiet and had the sun most of the day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paulwainwright

Buenos días paulwainwright,

Thank you very much for your review of our “perfect 4 star” Hotel RH Royal.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay in this “hidden gem” and even happier that it was based on a recommendation. Really pleased the single room suited your needs and that you appreciated the little extras such as the tea & coffee making facilities and the English TV channels.

I will pass on you compliments to the chef for his faultless food, he will be over the moon.

Thank you sincerely once again for recommending our hotel and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future, your pool side drink is ready and waiting.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I do try my best to write accurate reviews of the places I visit so please don't think that any individual problems we had at this hotel reflects on the final score I've given as it doesn't.
We arrived 2/5/14, check in was smooth although my wife did ask for a corner room which the receptionist said was not possible (my wife is Thai/Chinese and she isn't backward at coming forward). This wasn't a problem at all. We finished up in room 506 which is above the hotels terrace although I had emailed the hotel previously to ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as we aren't sun worshippers and from the comments on trip advisor it was the quieter side. Now I know that I could have reminded the receptionist of this but I have the habit of asking once for something, which I had by email, after that I accept I'm not going to get it. We were informed that a charge of 16.5 Euros would be put on the bill (1.5 Euros per night for 11 night stay) for the hire of the in room safe. Now this really annoys me as hotel guests safety and security should be at the forefront of a hosts thinking even though it's an insignificant amount. This I must admit I was aware of prior to travelling. The receptionist advised us that our half board consisted of breakfast and dinner which we could change for lunch if we wished. I had asked fellow trip advisor reviewers if this was the case prior to travelling after not getting an answer from the hotel. This was great for us as we did want to eat out on occasion. It was my birthday on the day of arrival and a couple of hours after check in a bottle of chilled Cava arrived at the room, nice touch. I asked the receptionist the next day how she'd known (as I never of make a big thing of it) and she'd got it from my passport.
The room was a basic hotel room which I would have been quite happy with if at work but expected a bit more to be fair. Balcony was good to sit out on before the sun got too hot where I could have a nice cup of tea and a ciggy in the morning until the ashtray disappeared. Walls are pretty thin and you can hear the next rooms TV quite clearly, this is exacerbated by the feedback on the TV we had as we needed to increase the volume to get over the feedback. We did have the chap next door banging on the wall one night at 12-30 so we finished up turning the volume down and sitting on the edge of the bed for the rest of the holiday. The bathroom again was basic with not much pressure from the shower but it does have a hair dryer. A doorstop was missing in the floor of the bathroom which left a screw protruding around 25mm in the floor and I'd suggest the hotel fixes this before anyone stands on it. Rooms do have a kettle and a small fridge which is more than adequate for storing milk and cold drinks in, ideal for the early morning cuppa. We bought bottled water in from a local supermarket for tea making.
The restaurant food was buffet style. I personally find this type of food is nothing to write home about. Usually the breakfasts are decent but the rest of the meals tend to be same old, same old which was the case at the Royal but what I would say it was of a decent quality. Why would I book half board then? Well my wife is Asian (as previously stated) and she eats every meal on time as though it's going to be her last (it's a cultural thing, anyone who's been to Thailand will know what I'm talking about). So convenience and cost would be the answer to that.
On 4/5/14 we took our seats for breakfast and I noticed large single flowers on some tables. I didn't think anything of it until some ladies sat around us was asked if they were mothers and if they were they were given one of these flowers. Unfortunately my wife was "overlooked" and didn't get asked although we are parents. She asked what the flowers were for and I told her they were for grand mothers which she accepted although I was more than a little angry.
The girls and the young man in the restaurant I must add were welcoming at all times and are a credit to the hotel. One of the cooks doubles up as the singer in the bar on some nights, my wife noticed this and told me. I told her not to be silly but she insisted she was the singer so I had to ask the cook one day (not the other way around in case my wife was wrong) and it turned out she was. Decent at both jobs may I add and always a smile.
The bar prices are reasonable, large draught beer E 2.7 and white coffee with a large Baileys or Drambuie for E6.1 to E6.4 if I remember correctly, bottle of wine around E10. The bar itself is set up with a singing/cabaret area to one side and the TV to the other which is a little awkward when there's a big game and singer on together although I wouldn't know how that could be improved on. You do get the better quality products when you are paying for them, .i.e. the Irish Cream was swiftly changed for Baileys when the waiter knew I was paying for it. Now when I'm on holiday usually, all my bar bill goes on the room. I was swiftly corrected in the error of my ways by the most elderly of the waiters after trying to get 3 drinks put on the room at the end of the night. Pay, pay, pay he demands with a bit of attitude. A few years ago we would have had a bit of a falling out but I just laughed it off. There is an outside terrace attached to the bar but the waiter service out there is pretty poor at night, you're better off going to the bar and asking them to bring you out the drinks. Ricardo stands head and shoulders above the rest, always working and on the go, brilliant waiter.
The tables outside on the terrace need a good scrub. I went to put my wife's Ipad on a table top and she insisted on wiping it down first with a wet wipe. You couldn't imagine the dirt what come out on the wet wipe, again I would suggest these are cleaned (I will post a pic later).
Hotel noise? The road can be a problem if at the hotel front, the bin men collect between midnight and 01-00, didn't bother us as we didn't go to bed before 01-00 but would be a problem if you like to go to bed earlier. I did speak with other guests who'd been woken in the early hours by hen parties on lower floors to us, although we never heard anything they clearly disturbed some guests. I was woken every morning by road traffic at 08-00 which again wasn't a problem for me but may be for others.
The location is great, turn right out of the hotel and walk straight down the road and you're in the old town in 5 minutes.
I don't know who rates these hotels and some of the things I've mentioned in this review may sound petty or insignificant, alternatively I would suggest that it is indeed the attention to detail of the small items which can and does differentiate between a 3 and 4 star hotel. The hotel industry in general is rife with 3 star hotels purporting to be 4 star. This hotel, in my opinion is 3 stars.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front for sun and noise, wouldn't bother emailing them again personally, I got a cu...
4  Thank jim g
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Good afternoon jim g,

I would like by thanking you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our Hotel RH Royal.

I will respond to some of the points raised.

With regards to the room, I am sorry you didn’t get the room you requested, but as you yourself know a request is not a guarantee and the hotel was full when you arrived.

You mention the safe isn’t free, nor it is advertised as such, and as you yourself say, it isn’t expensive.

Very pleased you appreciated the bottle of cava.
I can only apologise if your wife wasn’t given a flower on Mother’s Day, I can put it down to human error.

Just to clarify, the tables on the outside terrace have a brown wax so they keep their colour, they are not dirty, so your picture shows the wax you have rubbed off.

I don’t understand why you would mention other guests comments if they didn’t affect your stay and I am sorry you don’t feel the hotel is worth four stars, but star ratings are awarded on installations and facilities.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Murrays spent a lovely week in this perfectly located hotel,2 minutes walk to Old Town. Rooms cleaned and fresh towels every day.Thoughtful touch on Mothers Day, Sunday 4th May when all mothers received a beautiful flower at breakfast. Now that's what I call attention to detail. It really made my holiday.
No problem getting a table for two in restaurant which seemed to run effortlessly, with no hassle at the buffet, and none of that annoying waiting for a vacant table., Food was of good quality and considering it is a smallish hotel, there was a wide selection.

Special mention to the Belgian receptionist who went out of her way to help us with a code for our loyalty card (Also a nice gesture by the RH group) Not forgetting the lovely waiter Marlon in
the restaurant, always smiling and polite. An asset to your hotel.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors quieter even at front, Sun in balcony in evenings at rear,
1  Thank Forbes M
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

A very good morning Forbes M,

On behalf of myself and the whole team, our sincere thanks for your review on our “very Impressive” Hotel RH Royal, we are delighted to read that you had a “lovely week” stay with us.

So nice you appreciated the little gift on Mother’s day, all mothers deserve a little thank you.

Really pleased you enjoyed the “good quality” food. I will pass your comments on to all our staff especially to Isa and Marlon, I agree, the team we have are an asset to the hotel.

Thank you so much once again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.