Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only
  • Beachfront
US$124
Cancelon
1,570 results
All reviewsold townjuan antoniogreat hotelbar staffsmall hotelsuperior roomevening mealplenty of choicetea and coffee making facilitiesfree safehalf boardshort strollpool arealovely roomfantastic stayfew minutes walkchristmas day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My partner and my daughter and two grandchildren stayed at the hotel for a week from 22nd to 29th May.

First impressions were good as the reception we well organised and professional.

We were shown to our rooms, I had emailed to that if possible could we have both our rooms on the same floor so that I could help my daughter with the kids. The hotel replied to my email and we were given rooms 2 doors away from each other.

When we went to the room the fridge was stocked with bottles, we asked for this to be cleared and we paid 1.5 euros a day for the empty fridge which I though was good value.
The safety deposit box is in the wardrobe and that costs 1.5 euros a day also.

The tea making facilities were brought to our room when we asked the first day and always topped up, I even asked for more milk about 10:30pm and them maid brought some up for us.

The food in the hotel is of a good standard and I am a VERY fussy eater but I always found something that I liked and went back for more ;)

The staff in the restaurant are very helpful as are everyone we met from the hotel.
There was one old spanish gentleman called Jim who always chatted to us and the kids whenever he saw us.

One of my grandchildren had a little "accident" in the bed, I went straight down to inform the reception staff and they replaced all the covers within 5 or 10 mins. Thats what I call efficency.

The pool is not as stated "child friendly" but both of my grandchildren enjoyed playing in it with there armbands on and my oldest grandchild even managed to swim without them on the last day. So as long as you watch your kids its ok.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a nice change from all the hustle and bustle in the larger hotels, I would love to come back here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank David H
royal-benidorm, Director General at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2010

Dear nufc2000 (Is this Newcastle FC?)
In this case congratulations on being promoted back to the premiership!
Apart from this, I would like to thank you for your review, which is greatly appreciated. It is nice to know that you were satisfied with our hotel service.
It is true, that our hotel and especially the pool are not configured for children. However, the sister Hotel Best Western Victoria offers plenty of child friendly facilities, which are available to the guests of the Royal. I’m sorry if you weren’t informed of this.
Thank you again for your recommendation and trust you will visit us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2010

When we arrived despite our request some months before arrival for a high floor we were given a room on the bottom floor and were advised we could not change as the hotel was full.
The food on the first few days was cold but improved later in the holiday. Choice of food at the evening meal was very limited and seemed to cater for the mainly Spanish clientele who appeared to out number the British guests by 20 to 1. Location of the hotel is good as it is close to the old town and within easy walking distance to new Benidorm.
Their are insufficient umbrellas around the pool area which can get very hot.

Dear hucknall-traveler
First of all I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate all types of comments, as they help us to improve our services. I’m sorry we could not accommodate your request, although the reception department always do their best. We are taking care of the problem with the food temperature and trust it will no longer be a problem.
It’s true that there are not many umbrellas, due to heavy winds some weeks ago. We are still waiting for the delivery of new ones.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

One of the smaller hotels in Benidorm but from what we seen it certainly deserves its high rating. The hotel looks very slick and modern. Food was top notch during the week long stay. The hotel was full over the Easter week but the restaurant and bar area never seemed too busy, which was nice. They need to advertise the happy hour/s in the bar, 2 for 1 made for some very cheap drinks!! For any gym goers, the sister hotel VICTORIA offers guests free access to their larger gym - which we used several times over the week. We were slightly apprehensive about travelling to Benidorm but really enjoyed the area and especially 'The Royal'. Car parking available but as with all hotels in Benidorm it can be quite expensive - so consider if you actually need a car., parking on the street isnt really an option.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Alvin1975

Dear Alvin,
Thank you so much for your kind opinion. We are glad you enjoyed Benidorm, which is a good holiday resort and you were satisfied with our hotel. I’m sure your description will be helpful for other users.
Regarding car parking, we are not allowed to publicise prices in Tripadvisor, however, prices are reasonable for a central hotel.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2010

we had a week here at this hotel...wish we could have stayed another 3 / 4nights
an excellent location...

the rooms are very nice and cleaned every day.....good storage space and full length sliding mirrors to wardrobes/ clean towels every day and a good shower.

the food is excellent.....ive been a chef for many years and have ate in places all over the world.....this food is very very good.....yes i do believe some of it is brought over from the western across the road....we watched it being brought over in correct storage containers etc.....

at meal times we never encountered any food temp probs.....the salad was ever so cold as you would expect an the 'hot' food was good choices......this hotel is not your typical benidorm hotel....like...down at the other end of the 'strip'......its like a boutiqe hotel / quite nice and quite and very clean.....the food is of a mediteranean style....with lots of Spanish also at this hotel / and Dutch .

we had full board and did not eat out at all.....the choice was excellent.

the wines were of good quality and a very good house rose for 7.50 euros or a rioja reserva for 10 euros

2 for 1 ...at lunchtime and 7pm - 9pm prices were excellent 2 beers and 2 very large martini and sprite = 4 . 20 euros

supplies with iron and iron board in room

and also reqested tea tray with cups/ tea /sugar and kettle in room......all we did was ''ask''......

our room on the 3rd floor was on the street view......not too much noise .....just a few late night revellers ..nothing too unusual......but did not last all night....

the pool is nice and clean but not child friendly ...quite deep.
there were some small children at the hotel but very well behaved and very good in the dining room at meal times

since our return i have looked at the thomsom web site and this hotel is not coming up for next year...i have yet to ring them...but is available on independent web sites....we will def come back to this hotel.

10/10 for a most enjoyable stay

6  Thank choc56uk
royal-benidorm, Director General at Hotel RH Royal - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2010

Dear coc56uk
Many thanks for your very detailed and positive review. Obviously it makes us very proud, receiving your compliments. But also make us strive even more.
You are right when you write that the pool is not very “children friendly”. In fact, the Hotel Royal is not specialised in children. The rooms only allow up to 3 people, the hotel lack on space for children playground, and moreover our sister hotel Best Western Victoria, just opposite the street, has plenty of children’s facilities. But obviously we are glad to welcome also families.
I’m glad you mention our “not appearance in Thomson web”. In fact, Thomson did not renew the contract with us¿? But there are many ways to book our hotel. Please don’t hesitate contacting directly with us, if you have any problems.

Reviewed 12 May 2010

Been to Benidorm a few times and usually stayed at the other end of Benidorm away from the old town, near the Square & its shows etc. This hotel we found to be in a perfect location as we didnt want to be @ the shows every night. It took us about five minutes to walk down into the old town & to Tapas Alley (Santa Domingo St I think) & a comfortable ten minutes walk the other way to Jumping Jacks, Broadway etc.
The hotel is very clean, nicely furnished a good size pool for a small hotel & a sun deck with plenty of sunbeds. We only had breakfast in the hotel and we found the choice & quality good. Remember to ask for the tea & coffee making facilities when you check in as they were not in the room and if we had not read previous reviews we would of assumed you did not get them. Rooms equipped with shower gel, shampoo, hairdryer, TV but limited to Sky News, lovely balcony, safe, mini fridge which we put our own beer in .Overall an excellent hotel & I am @ the moment looking at returning in July for week

2  Thank ScunnyBunny666

Dear ScunnyBunny666
Thanks for the interesting information you have shared with other users of Tripadvisor.
I would be really glad to welcome you again in July. Have a nice time until then and receive our best regards,