“brilliant hotel”

glasgow
“brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

stayed in this hotel from the 8th till 15th really enjoyed my stay
dont think i would go to any other hotel in benidorm now.
hotel was clean, all staff were great, food was good.
would recomend.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank shanie52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

my third time in benidorm, and by far the best hotel I've stayed in. Everything was right, friendly staff, very clean, very good food, and a great location. I am definitely goin to stay here every time I go to Benidorm, we loved it.
the only thing I would change would be the evening meal start time, I would have liked it at about 6 oclock instead of 7.30, and I'd put bigger holes in the salt cellars, because the salt wouldn't flow very good, apart from that I can't fault the place, thank you for a very good stay. Larry.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank larrybrowne
stockport, cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

we stayed at the hotel royal end of may 2010 for 2 weeks, 4 adults and 1 infant. we were very pleased with our choice. upon arrival we were given a warm welcome by reception and a set of room cards, ha these were a small challenge at first. our room was at the back of the hotel with views to the park and sun terrace below. nice size balcony with a mini washing line (bring your own pegs) and a table and chairs. our room had 3 single beds and a travel cot, tv with a few english channels, fridge and air con. A nice size bathroom with shampoo, gel and shower caps. one thing i discovered, the rooms based at the front of the hotel seem to have bigger wardrobes and more space, we had 2 small drawers and a few hangers between the 3 of us, which meant my boyfriend had to live out of his suitcase.

The hotel itself was fantastic, we spent alot of time sitting by the bar or pool, the bar staff were friendly and helpful, they even brought our drinks out to us by the pool if we were sunbathing. the pool area was gorgeous, there is a solarium, mini gym and sauna we always had sunbeds with plenty of space. even though the pool did not have a childrens section, this was never a problem, if we had required a childrens pool we could have used the pool at the sister hotel over the road, this also had a childrens covered play house, with slide and ball pitt.

Meal's at the royal were excellent, always something we could eat, breakfast was the best by far, we had all the usual cold meats found in hotels in spain, plus fried eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans. cereals, breads, jams, fruit juices, tea coffee etc. very good choice. lunch and dinner also had good choices, 2 different soups with a variety of breads, salad and cheeses. always a choice of different fish and meat dishes usually 2 choices of each, paella, chips and vegetables. during our stay we also had lamb shanks, pizza, chinese rolls with sweet sauce, kebabs, prawns and mussels, sea bass, sword fish, chicken & pork dishes, even pigs trotter, which by the way, i did not try :) deserts were gorgeous too, cakes, ice cream, mousse, fruit and yoghurts. the dining area was clean and plates were moved away quickly by the restaurant staff.

The entertainment was geared more towards the spanish guests, but always fun. day time entertainment was provided by the lovely lucy, she involved us in all the activities, such as air rifle shooting, board games and bingo. lucy was brilliant and does an amazing job.

The hotel royal is a short stroll away from benidorm old town, good location to get the bus into the new town, or a walk down the side of mcdonalds will bring you out by all the local shops in-between.

I would definitely return to the royal if it was possible, its a shame that thomson holidays have not put it on the website for next year. everything about this hotel i loved, even the manager made visits to check his guests were happy.

ten out of ten for us!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank hayleysangel
fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2010

just returned from hotel royal this week very clean hotel staff friendly and bar good value pool is clean and tidy.breakfast is good and plenty to choose from only downside was dinner seemed to be the same choice most nights but was hot and good to taste overall a good place to stay and very clean and tidy

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank codge1971
Wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stayed in this fabulous hotel in Feb/March for one week through Thomsons and wished we had come for longer so decided to return next winter for longer.
Thomsons are no longer offering the Royal so we have booked for 3 weeks in March 2011 with Travel Republic on the same Full Board Plus arrangement at a very good price,flying with Easyjet from Liverpool and using Resorthoppa transfers.
All so easy to do online and far cheaper than it would have been with Thomsons.
Roll on next March!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank johnritaWigan
Durham England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

My partner and my daughter and two grandchildren stayed at the hotel for a week from 22nd to 29th May.

First impressions were good as the reception we well organised and professional.

We were shown to our rooms, I had emailed to that if possible could we have both our rooms on the same floor so that I could help my daughter with the kids. The hotel replied to my email and we were given rooms 2 doors away from each other.

When we went to the room the fridge was stocked with bottles, we asked for this to be cleared and we paid 1.5 euros a day for the empty fridge which I though was good value.
The safety deposit box is in the wardrobe and that costs 1.5 euros a day also.

The tea making facilities were brought to our room when we asked the first day and always topped up, I even asked for more milk about 10:30pm and them maid brought some up for us.

The food in the hotel is of a good standard and I am a VERY fussy eater but I always found something that I liked and went back for more ;)

The staff in the restaurant are very helpful as are everyone we met from the hotel.
There was one old spanish gentleman called Jim who always chatted to us and the kids whenever he saw us.

One of my grandchildren had a little "accident" in the bed, I went straight down to inform the reception staff and they replaced all the covers within 5 or 10 mins. Thats what I call efficency.

The pool is not as stated "child friendly" but both of my grandchildren enjoyed playing in it with there armbands on and my oldest grandchild even managed to swim without them on the last day. So as long as you watch your kids its ok.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a nice change from all the hustle and bustle in the larger hotels, I would love to come back here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank David H
royal-benidorm, Director General at Hotel RH Royal, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
Dear nufc2000 (Is this Newcastle FC?)
In this case congratulations on being promoted back to the premiership!
Apart from this, I would like to thank you for your review, which is greatly appreciated. It is nice to know that you were satisfied with our hotel service.
It is true, that our hotel and especially the pool are not configured for children. However, the sister Hotel Best Western Victoria offers plenty of child friendly facilities, which are available to the guests of the Royal. I’m sorry if you weren’t informed of this.
Thank you again for your recommendation and trust you will visit us again.
Kind regards,
Stefan Trachsel
hucknall
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

When we arrived despite our request some months before arrival for a high floor we were given a room on the bottom floor and were advised we could not change as the hotel was full.
The food on the first few days was cold but improved later in the holiday. Choice of food at the evening meal was very limited and seemed to cater for the mainly Spanish clientele who appeared to out number the British guests by 20 to 1. Location of the hotel is good as it is close to the old town and within easy walking distance to new Benidorm.
Their are insufficient umbrellas around the pool area which can get very hot.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear hucknall-traveler
First of all I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate all types of comments, as they help us to improve our services. I’m sorry we could not accommodate your request, although the reception department always do their best. We are taking care of the problem with the food temperature and trust it will no longer be a problem.
It’s true that there are not many umbrellas, due to heavy winds some weeks ago. We are still waiting for the delivery of new ones.
Kind regards,