“It was ok but shocking entertainment”

Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm
Ranked #35 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Manchester, United Kingdom
“It was ok but shocking entertainment”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel Mediterraneo from the 5th-15th april 2014 with my two children and I have to say it was the cleanest hotel I have ever come across the food was ok with a large selection and the hotel is in a wonderful location close to all the main attractions. However, some staff were quite rude inpaticular Antonio the hotel restaurant manager although the rest of the restaurant staff are hard working and extremely pleasant. One little Spanish bar maid inpaticular put a smile on my face everytime we saw her. The main downside for me was the entertainment it was AWFUL I never want to see the pathetic game hoy hoy again in my life if I pay extra to go all inclusive I want some decent entrainment. If you are reading this now I have point out the tropical bar just down the road it fabulous, value for money and you have a much better night out. I would recommend the this hotel for a place to eat and sleep but nothing else. Its just the little things that make a difference

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank joatkinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Polish first
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great location, away from the main strip but easy to walk in and meant it was nice and peaceful during the day. There was a great choice of food and lots of it. Hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean and staff were very friendly, especially the hard working restaurant staff. Lovely pool area. Unusual to find a low rise hotel in Benidorm. Will definitely be going back next year. Thank you Hotel Mediterraneo.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Lisa M
Denby Dale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at this hotel, not even been here 24 hours and it has been a disaster waiting to happen. So many complaints 1) a waitress spilt red wine on my brand new white top!! And didn't cover any expenses! 2) no tv signal constantly made complaints and nothing was done!!!! 3) for all inclusive you have a card instead of a wrist band and only can get one drink per visit to the bar I've stayed in so many all inclusive and never had to put up with this nonsense before this is such a bad idea for all inclusive the ques have been massive for the bar not enough staff. The rooms were clean but that's all!!! Not happy puts me in a bad mood throughout my stay grrrrr

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Silvercakes
East Lancashire
Reviewed 14 April 2014

just returned from a weeks stay at this lovely hotel, after a very bumpy start to the holiday (nothing to do with the hotel) the amazingly helpful team here ensured our holiday was quickly turned around to be an enjoyable stay. The place is filled with hardworking pleasant mannered staff of all ages and backgrounds, the service is by far the best I have seen and is worthy of many an award.
After suffering an unfortunate start to the holiday the staff (in particular I must mention the senior receptionist) went above and beyond all expectations to ensure the three of us had an enjoyable time, nothing was too much trouble and every staff member we encoutered had a pleasant word to say and was quite welcoming.
The food is of very good standard, the advice on suitable trips was very useful and the way in which the hotel team went out of their way to make up for a total useless Thomas Cook Rep was without question above and beyond my expectations, Would I recommend this hote? without doubt it is highly recommended to all. Thank you for all you did for us, C, C & L Rhodes

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alimor2002
manchester
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have literally just arrived back from this hotel I booked based on the reviews as we like good accommodation. I am afraid it didn't live up to expectations for me. I have stayed in better in Benidorm. The hotel looks nice and is clean but staff let it down, reception staff were very helpful but the bar and restaurant staff are rude and abrupt. Food is hit and miss - DON'T upgrade to all inclusive - they don't know how to do it. The Bar is a joke - move out of line and they send you back to the end. Would be nice to have another bar that is quieter and more relaxed. Needs another choice for the All inclusive for lunch - it is in the main Buffet restaurant with the same bland food.

Beds are appalling little single beds on 4 pieces of wood which slide all over the place.

A Big tip - don't go when children are off school. There is an outdoor stage which they found very amusing at midnight - yes midnight - where were the parents??? many calls to reception did stop it for a little while but then started again. if you need to us the public telephone it is in Reception?? nightmare couldn't hear a thing so cost twice as much as going outside.

Not a bad hotel - but not excellent - look around at other hotels within that area as there are 3 or 4 which have better standards.

Room Tip: would say go for pool view as you may get road noise but based on the fact that children made it ver...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have just enjoyed a weeks stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again. My husband and I took our daughter and two young grandsons away with us. The hotel is lovely and clean and the staff are really nice. The food was nice and there was a wide variety to choose from. We had read some complaints in some previous reviews about a member of the bar staff but can honestly say that they were all friendly and we didn't have any problems at all. Anna did a very good job with the evening entertainment and Teresa who worked behind the bar was absolutely lovely. We didn't find any fault at all with this hotel or any of the people that work there.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2116 which was overlooking the terrace next to the pool. The only noise we heard w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Lisa H
UK
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were a group of 6 - couples ages 40s to 50s, staying here all-inclusive in March. We have been here on numerous occasions, and have never been disappointed. Indeed the high quality of this hotel is what brings us back time and time again. The staff are top-class, and rooms and food are excellent. Hotel Management deserve complimenting on its Customer Service as a day into our visit we found bottles of fizzy wine and cards placed in our rooms. The cards thanked us for coming back - and it was a gesture that was well-received by all. We were surprised to see the hard-working and pleasant Teresa working in the Restaurant, after being used to her being in the bar. I believe Teresa has a thing or two to teach one of the bar staff - particularly in exercising common sense over use of the Drinks/Room cards. Our group sat together, holding 6 cards in total. But not all 6 of us went to the bar at the same time. Two of us (chaps) used 2 cards for drinks for some of our group. When we went for 2 more drinks one Barman implied we had just been served. He could clearly see our group sitting together. I speak some Spanish and explained what was happening. After some reticence he served us - after a word from Teresa - who was passing through. Location is excellent - being across the street from the fantastic Benidorm and the much under-rated Circus. Indeed, in our last 2 days we were joined by Stan Boardman and the Swinging Blue Jeans, who were performing a special show at the Palace on the Sunday night. Entertainment was basic - but what do you expect with the choice available in Benidorm? The Animation Chap worked ever so hard, and even doubled as a First-Aider on our last night when one of our group accidentally cut her foot! All in all - a great hotel - and well-recommended. La familia.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends