“Great start to the new year”

Hotel Mediterraneo Benidorm
Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Great start to the new year”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Went here end of December, the hotel was absolutely was lovely and the staff very welcoming. The room were spacious and very clean with fresh bedding and towels when needed. They were a free safe in the room and plenty of wardrobe space. We had a balcony looking onto the pool which was lovely with plenty of sun beds, they were also a inside pool which we used as it was December after all but despite this the weather to myself was just perfect as it was in the seventies for all the holiday. The staff and entertainment group very very good and interacting with everyone really well, the hotel put on a gala meal on Hogmanay which was good and we brought in the new year at Spanish hour and also again at British time. Everyone in the hotel maybe because it was new year mixed well. We had a great time and would most certainly do it again.
I have stayed at several hotels in benidorm, some which were five star but never touched the mediterraneo, the meals were very good and offered plenty of different dishes to temp anyone's palette. What I really like was the meal time, which started at eight for breakfast until ten thirty but at eleven, they put on a brunch for the guests who wished to have a longer lye in. Lunch was at twelve thirty until two thirty, then again at three thirty they put on a afternoon tea where you could get salads sausage burgers among other things. Then dinner started around five thirty until nine, then at eleven they served supper again rolls n burger, sausage cold meats fruit absolutely brilliant.
The hotel is straight across the road from benidorm palace and within walking distance to the beach shops and the water park as well as the dolphins and animals at Mundo .
I will when I return be booking back at the mediterraneo was a fantastic holiday and within the all inclusive there is a variety from alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks available, they is also the cocktails of the day listed on the bar which are available through the all inclusive with also the choice of wine at meal times.
For the children the entertainment staff put on various things throughout the day, the is a play park and pool tables and computers to keep them amused. We really were offered a lot of choice epically for the price, thumbs up to the meditteraneo we had a ball

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Aileen M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Polish first
aberdeen
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice hotel good location I would say 10/15 min walk to beach hotel very clean I found most of the staff friendly and always spoke to you. Food was good lots to choose from it was the 1st week of Easter holidays we were there 5 of us mum dad me and nephew and my daughter I didn't think it was that busy yes at night there was a little que's at bar but you get that everywhere!!The entertainment at night was a mini disco (the lady that does it is great with the kids) then either a band or some kind of entertainment afterwards considering it was April I think the entertainment was ok they did say it gets better in May but to be honest I didn't think there would be any in April so it was a bonus.. The pool was good a little cold but it was April! Lots to do in the area for kids even a little park at the hotel will defo be visiting again!! As for noise at night we didn't hear anything but we weren't facing the pool area. Just as well ;-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank scottishgirlAberdeen
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel Mediterraneo from the 5th-15th april 2014 with my two children and I have to say it was the cleanest hotel I have ever come across the food was ok with a large selection and the hotel is in a wonderful location close to all the main attractions. However, some staff were quite rude inpaticular Antonio the hotel restaurant manager although the rest of the restaurant staff are hard working and extremely pleasant. One little Spanish bar maid inpaticular put a smile on my face everytime we saw her. The main downside for me was the entertainment it was AWFUL I never want to see the pathetic game hoy hoy again in my life if I pay extra to go all inclusive I want some decent entrainment. If you are reading this now I have point out the tropical bar just down the road it fabulous, value for money and you have a much better night out. I would recommend the this hotel for a place to eat and sleep but nothing else. Its just the little things that make a difference

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank joatkinson
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Great location, away from the main strip but easy to walk in and meant it was nice and peaceful during the day. There was a great choice of food and lots of it. Hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean and staff were very friendly, especially the hard working restaurant staff. Lovely pool area. Unusual to find a low rise hotel in Benidorm. Will definitely be going back next year. Thank you Hotel Mediterraneo.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Lisa M
Denby Dale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at this hotel, not even been here 24 hours and it has been a disaster waiting to happen. So many complaints 1) a waitress spilt red wine on my brand new white top!! And didn't cover any expenses! 2) no tv signal constantly made complaints and nothing was done!!!! 3) for all inclusive you have a card instead of a wrist band and only can get one drink per visit to the bar I've stayed in so many all inclusive and never had to put up with this nonsense before this is such a bad idea for all inclusive the ques have been massive for the bar not enough staff. The rooms were clean but that's all!!! Not happy puts me in a bad mood throughout my stay grrrrr

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Silvercakes
East Lancashire
Reviewed 14 April 2014

just returned from a weeks stay at this lovely hotel, after a very bumpy start to the holiday (nothing to do with the hotel) the amazingly helpful team here ensured our holiday was quickly turned around to be an enjoyable stay. The place is filled with hardworking pleasant mannered staff of all ages and backgrounds, the service is by far the best I have seen and is worthy of many an award.
After suffering an unfortunate start to the holiday the staff (in particular I must mention the senior receptionist) went above and beyond all expectations to ensure the three of us had an enjoyable time, nothing was too much trouble and every staff member we encoutered had a pleasant word to say and was quite welcoming.
The food is of very good standard, the advice on suitable trips was very useful and the way in which the hotel team went out of their way to make up for a total useless Thomas Cook Rep was without question above and beyond my expectations, Would I recommend this hote? without doubt it is highly recommended to all. Thank you for all you did for us, C, C & L Rhodes

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alimor2002
manchester
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have literally just arrived back from this hotel I booked based on the reviews as we like good accommodation. I am afraid it didn't live up to expectations for me. I have stayed in better in Benidorm. The hotel looks nice and is clean but staff let it down, reception staff were very helpful but the bar and restaurant staff are rude and abrupt. Food is hit and miss - DON'T upgrade to all inclusive - they don't know how to do it. The Bar is a joke - move out of line and they send you back to the end. Would be nice to have another bar that is quieter and more relaxed. Needs another choice for the All inclusive for lunch - it is in the main Buffet restaurant with the same bland food.

Beds are appalling little single beds on 4 pieces of wood which slide all over the place.

A Big tip - don't go when children are off school. There is an outdoor stage which they found very amusing at midnight - yes midnight - where were the parents??? many calls to reception did stop it for a little while but then started again. if you need to us the public telephone it is in Reception?? nightmare couldn't hear a thing so cost twice as much as going outside.

Not a bad hotel - but not excellent - look around at other hotels within that area as there are 3 or 4 which have better standards.

Room Tip: would say go for pool view as you may get road noise but based on the fact that children made it ver...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple