“Hotel Joya, Benidorm”
Review of Hotel Joya

Hotel Joya
Ranked #93 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Hotel Joya is good if you are looking for somewhere to rest your head for a couple of nights on a stop-over, but it is best to avoid the food. Breakfast is supposed to be continental but it really wasn't good so we avoided it after the 1st day! Caters for the German and Spanish tourist mainly. Dinner was also of very poor quality, very cheap food, tinned and freezer type mainly - not a lot of choice. Moving on to the positives, the hotel is extremely clean and the service from reception staff is friendly. The location is nothing to worry about, it is an average 10 minute walk to the beach and main attractions like the Old Town. Good bus routes serve the outside of the hotel. To conclude I would say only choose this hotel if you are looking for a last minute deal or a cheap weekend away, do not if you are looking for somewhere with a bit of edge to it.

3  Thank MattOvering

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have just come back from a 7 night stay at this hotel. The hotel was clean and very friendly. rooms were good and not far from the beach. The only down point about this hotel was the food. It was catered for the spanish and germans. The breakfast was all continental with no eggs and bacon etc. The food at dinner wasnt to bad just basic really. This is a good cheap hotel and was worth the money which i paid for it.

4  Thank JoshuaMaxwell29
Reviewed 29 April 2012

wonderful location .. 10min walk to old town and beach .. many spanish people stay in this hotel ... food and staff very good .. would recomend this as 4star /

Room Tip: view of pool better
2  Thank duck d
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Have just returned from a long weekend trip at this hotel. Very much Spanish orientated and a mixture of ages very friendly as were the staff. Hotel was very central - town (new and old), beach and amenities easily accessible. Food wasn't the best, but there was always something I could eat. Very clean throughout. Only concern I has was it was next to a main road which may not be a good idea for families with young children. Definitely a great value hotel if you do not want anything too fancy, but the price I paid for the weekend I really have no complaints and would stay there again.

3  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Hi, I stayed there with my missus and cousin in september and it was absolutely brilliant for a two star hotel. 15min from the town centre, 15min to the beach.The staff speaks a lil'bit english and they are very friendly. The food was not the best but can't realy complain about it. It's a great value for your money and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011
6  Thank Beltazor1503
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I went for the Joya hotel first on price, and very much because of the reviews, which said more Spanish use this hotel than others, that was good news, good for the Spanish good for me, but still quite a few English, I would say this hotel is geared more for the mature customer but not just necessarily older, plus a nice pool to.
The only negative about the hotel, was for me a great plus point it was a 15 minute walk to the noisy bar area so the hotel was in a nice quiet area, plus I did like the walk back after a few beers.
It was only a 5/10 minute gentle stroll to the start of the old/new part of town and beach where you find most of the locals are, very nice.
To get from Alicante airport direct to the hotel, I used Shuttledirect an excellent service for a lone traveller like me or a family; it was only about 1 Euro more than the bus, I paid £8.13 one-way.
I only booked one way not knowing about my return due to meeting friends, so to go back to Alicante airport in the end I used Alsa buses, which was very easy as the main bus station is only about a 5/7 minute walk away from the hotel.
The hotel looks like it has had a recent refurbishment and it seems to have been done well, and the out side looks a little retro and I liked it.
I found all the staff very nice, and when asked very helpful.
The buffet breakfast was quite good, not the best in the world, but for what I paid for a weeks stay good value, loads of tea coffee juice etc.
All I can say unless you want to be in the heart of the action or beach front and pay a lot more, this hotel has a lot going for it and if I ever go back to Benidorm I will stay there again, as this is my type of hotel, it just seems to have a nice feel to it, and not one of those huge hotels.
I went to Benidorm to meet at least 20 youngsters on a stag do, most of them were only staying 2/3 nights, and as it does not costs much more for 7 nights that was my plan.
For a single staying 7 nights in there hotel it was expensive, so the Joya hotel was very good value for money plus I was away from there madness being twice there age. I am writing the above line to say, I expected to hate Benidorm as I thought it would just be full of drunks, but if you keep away from the bar area it is a nice resort for those who like it busy, plus the bar area has so much choice you should not get bored.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank Michael_In_Essex_UK
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Better than a 2 star nice and clean bit of a walk to town but the weathers great so hay ho swimming pool excelent easy to find we drove from La Marina free parking on road next to hotel (might of got lucky but parked right beside hotel with no problem) staff good all spoke good english

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends