“Very impressed”

Ranked #43 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I returned yesterday from a 3 night stay at the Benilux. I was extremely impressed with the hotel and have no complaints at all. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily, there is also air con during summer months and a TV, both free of charge for a 10 euro deposit. Hotel reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. I was having problems with my transfer back to the airport with the company I used (booked through Ryanair, avoid it at all costs) and the reception staff offered to print out emails and phoned to try and arrange alternative transport to the airport when I realised Ryanair had booked my transfer for the week before I arrived and refused to change it. I cannot understand why anyone would complain about the food. There was a huge variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes, I agree with a previous review that there was a lack of vegetarian food (I am a fussy vegetarian and also don't eat eggs or fish). However, on the first night a waitress offered to get the chef to make me a pasta dish, which was brought out within 5 mins and each night after that the Head Waiter made a point of asking what I would like prepared and it was always brought out very quickly. He also checked with me that I was happy with my meal and was extremely pleasant and helpful. Yes, the pool area could get busy and people did leave towels on sun loungers, however the three days I was there I got a sun lounger no problem and there was also a large grass area close to the pool where people could sunbathe. I didn't use the bar at all so cant comment, but looked very nice and spacious. All in all I would struggle to complain about anything in this hotel. My only suggestion would be to have a hot vegetarian meal prepared each night, however as I said the restaurant staff ensured the chef made whatever dish I requested and they couldn't have been nicer. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Benidorm and have no hesitation recommending it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Carol Anne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Booked this hotel on full board for me and my 23 year old daughter. We had a great stay I would agree with the comment about the sun bed race doors to the pool did not open until 9.00 and people were queuing at 8.00 waiting for sunbeds. We did this for 3 days then gave up, however on our third day it was much better and the queuing had stopped. Plenty of food to eat cooked breakfast every morning, Dinner and evening plenty of meat, fish, veg and fresh fruit other words great food. Not all bedrooms have pool view we had trees but could just see it. Stayed in Friday to watch a juggler he was rubbish kept dropping everything but was funny. Walked to the new town found a great Irish pub called The Bodhran and a great singer called Brendan Murray very friendly. The hotel bar is very expensive in the Benilux I would drink elsewhere. The waitresses were very quick clearing up. As for bar staff we always got are own drinks unlike the rest of the guests who think snapping fingers is enough that's why it would take longer to get your drinks. On the whole we loved our holiday and would like to thank everyone from the cleaners to the management for a great holidayand will definitely be going again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank D0nnygirls
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

you walk into the hotel Benilux Park and you think wow nice place but for me that's where it ends, we stayed there for 10 days, the food was terrible, even my partner struggled to find something to eat and he isn't a fussy eater, on 1st inspection our room was clean but as the days wore on I found the cleaner to be very slapdash, had trouble getting our towels changed and was fed up with finding long black hairs all over the place, the receptionists however were very helpful, the waiters/waitress served you when they wanted to you were quicker going to the bar yourself, Getting your meals was a nightmare dinner was served at 7.30 and you didn't get in before that, it was like a rugby scrum to get food as people pushed and shoved there way in there was no queuing you had to barge in otherwise you didn't get fed and as for the sunbed race as we called it it was unreal if you didn't go down at 9am and put a towel on a sunbed then you didn't get one, all in all I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for 2 nights in August 2013. Was surprised the hotel was so nice for only being 3 star. The rooms very clean and decent sized. And the balconys were very big, all rooms have a pool view. The bathrooms were kept clean and had clean towels every day.
We stayed half board and the food was nice, there was a big choice and the two days we stayed all the options were different.
The drinks at the bar were reasonably priced.
The pool area is nice but there aren't many sunloungers. There is a large grass area where you can put your towels down.
The hotel is very close to the beach, less than 5 mins walk. And the area around the hotel has lots of shops and restaurants.
You can walk into the new town in around 15-20mins or a taxi costs around 8 euros.
overall, I'd say this hotel offers great value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank 123cdon
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I took my mother-in-law for a 2 night stay. She lives in Spain and so we took her to the coast for a treat. She likes the old town of Benidorm and I had never been so thought I would give it a try. It is a lovely place.
We had full board as when I booked it was cheaper for full board than half board?
We said it didnt matter if we didnt go for lunch as it hadn't cost us anything. But the food was lovely and we did have all 3 meals daily. The food had a lovely choice and it was very clean. We had to wash our hands when we entered the dining room and the staff were always clearing plates and tidying the buffet.
The rooms were good, no air con but we were OK. Our room was on the first floor and overlooking the pool, but the view was not too good as there was a large tree in front of our balcony. It didn't matter to us as we were hardly in the room.
There was lots of Spanish OAPS on their hols and not many English.The bar area was very nice and clean and they had dancing and activities throughout the day and night.
This hotel is in a great location, a few mins from the beach, bars, restaurants & shops.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the old town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tree86
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Just had 2 weeks at Benelux and found for a 3 star hotel it was extremely good value. Meals were gud but sometimes lacked imagination but can only please some of the people some of the time. Bar staff were excellent location excellent short walk to Old and New towns but service locally very gud. Outside dining great and diverse, hotel a bit noisy at times but on the whole very gud again, entertainment was very basic the Spanish side if things was very much the same got boring after a few days, restaurant staff were very gud and pleasant. On a whole would recommend it to families, pool area nice but again the race for sunbeds in morning us a joke as about 30 to 40 line up and it's like a Next Sale at Xmas either run fast or get trampled.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank glennlevens
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Weve just got back from the Benilux after a 10 night stay with Thomson. After reading some negative reviews on trip advisor I can honestly say what a lovely hotel it is. Friendly staff, clean rooms, lovely food, nice sized pool, daytime entertainment for the kids, evening entertainment, close to the the beach. Great value for a 3* hotel. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013