“Great location”

Ranked #31 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Vadodara, India
“Great location”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We went for our summer vacation to Benidorm. A lovely party place. The location of Belroy is amazing as its just off the beach and the happening places yet right in the middle of things. The room sizes were lovely and everything white and neat. Only the rooms were not noise proof which being on the main road was a bit disturbing. Never the less we enjoyed our 5 night stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank devyani14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hungarian first
porthcawl
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My mum and I have recently returned from the belroy. in fact we had to cut our holiday short as my daughter (17) was rushed to hospital back home with burst appendix-otherwise we would be winging our way home at this time..
What a lovely greeting we got it has totally given me back my faith in Spanish hospitality!
Rooms were spotless lovely white towels sheets curtains-if you want the tv though forget it if your English - mum and I were the only English in the hotel for most of the duration! not that it bothered us at all.. the waiting staff in the dining room were also very friendly..This is not the cheapest hotel in benidorm but well worth it!
The only critisism is I do not class the food as 4* I am the most unfussy person on the planet but eating became a chore! Will say got better as the week went on (or we got used to it)
If you are looking for a lovely comfortable unpretentious (non brit) hotel with ok food this is the place for you.....We will certainly be going back :)

• Stayed February 2010
glasgow
Reviewed 8 December 2009

We had the misfortune to stay at the Belroy, on our arrival, the unhelpful receptionist informed us that she did not have a booking for us. I had booked our stay through Air miles . I did have the booking conformation, but she did not seem interested in the document, she dismissed this, and the document had a paragraph on it for the hotel to contact Air miles if there was a problem, she again dismissed this request, stating she was not phoning abroad. I had to phone myself, and after 20 mins on the mobile Air miles advised that all was sorted with the hotel, they did not access the correct booking agents website to retrieve the booking.
I have stayed in various different hotels all different star ratings, but I have never encountered unhelpfulness staff attitude like I did with this hotel.
Rooms were okay, food very poor, other staff were also not friendly.
My advice is don’t pay for this over-rated hotel, there are far superior hotels in Benidorm a lot cheaper with more friendlier, helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rossjack
enniskillen
Reviewed 4 May 2009

have just returned from the belroy and was very pleased that we chose this hotel . check in at the black and white reception area was quick and painfree although when we went to our room we found that we had been given a twin room and not a double which we had booked but because we were only staying for 3 nights we didnt ask to be changed. the receptionist was very efifcient and informed us of all the hotels amenities. the room was clean and modern with a huge bathroom and balcony. the beds were very comfortable and we heard no street noise at night even though we could see the street from our balcony. breakfast was a pleasure with as much food that you could think of to suit all tastes. sheets and towels were changed every day and there was a fridge with free bottles of water on the first day. the location was perfect 1 street away from the beach and if you turned right at the front door you could reach the old town in 10 minutes and if you turned left the new town was also about 10 minutes away. we didnt use pepes bar attached to the hotel as there are enough bars in benidorm to cater for every taste and age group. there are other hotels nearby like the agir next door and the cimball down on the beach but the belroy looks better from the outside so if you want modern and clean with a fantastic breakfast then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rebeccaEnniskillen
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I was apprehensive when I arrived at the hotel because of the mixed reviews that had been written about it but I found the hotel to be very modern, light and airy and clean. Check in was painless and I found my room to be minimalistic but very pleasant and fresh and a good size with flat screen tv and good reading lights. The bathroom however was drab, painted in battleship grey but does this matter? The good thing is that it was a good size, the floor was non-slip (Spanish tiles can be lethal when wet!), the towels were gorgeous, big mirror , hairdryer and good shower with the usual goodies thrown in. The balcony was a generous size and mine looked over the pool area but most importantly the beds were excellent and comfortable. I slept very well. The noise from other rooms is not as bad as some Spanish hotels I've stayed in.
The pool and recreation areas were top class and I particularly liked the fact that you had to use your room key to access lifts and stairs which were situated away from the Reception area. Good security, I thought. Pepe’s bar was closed during my visit but there was another bar adjoining the hotel. However, this was a smoky experience and us ex-smokers are the biggest moaners about this! However, the smoky atmosphere was made worse because the doors were closed (being March it was chilly!) but I’m sure the problem is not so noticeable in warmer months when doors and windows are open fully. Anyway, this is Spain – expect smokers everywhere! There are plenty of outdoor seats if it gets too bad. The restaurant is very clean, light and airy with a black and white theme. The buffet food is average but nice wine list. There is an A la Carte restaurant in the hotel if you prefer. The hotel offers free Wi Fi (pronounced Wee Fee). Just ask at Reception for a Wi Fi ID and password.
The hotel is situated on a fairly busy road so the noise level is probably higher than normal but at night I didn’t notice it particularly and it didn’t keep me awake. Access to the sea front is a minute away. All in all, a nice relaxing break and the big question...would I return?......Yes, most definitely.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarionFlood
Scarborough
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Very unfriendly place indeed.Pepe's bar is a definate one to miss,god the prices are well over the top.
Asked the reason for the nbig price,I was asked if I spoke French as they did not speak English.When we went in for a drink in the daytime,was told to leave as we were not dressed proper.This is Benidorm......for gods sake..
Ant infestation to bedroom,cleaning staff exellent,Room very noisy.

Never again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
bolton england
Reviewed 10 November 2008

when you enter the hotel the lobby is gleaming giving a good first impression check in is quick and efficiant the rooms are spacious modern and very clean in fact every where you go in the hotel it is cleaned to perfection,the pool area is ideal for a sun bathe or chill with plenty of good quality sun beds also a nice seating area to read or sit with a drink, the indoor pool is ideal if the weathers a bit cool or rainy  there,s also a steamroom gym and jakuzzi on to the food breakfast was ok with usual bacon eggs beans toast  etc but the evening meal was a bit of a let down it was back to school dinners a tin of mash brocolli boiled to death  one night two of the choices were fish fingers or hot dog sausage the sausage then apeared next morning for breakfast a beautiful modern very clean hotel which could be the best in benidorm with a little imagination in the kitchens

• Liked — location cleanliness modern rooms
  • Disliked — enening meal
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank martin.eastam