“Centrally Located - Good Value for money”
Review of Hotel Brasil

Hotel Brasil
Ranked #80 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Centrally Located - Good Value for money”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I spent a week here from 17th to 24th Sept. and found the hotel to be above our expectations for a 2 star. We had a room on the 5th Floor which had a large balcony that overlooked the Police Station. We had a sort of walk in shower because there was no curtain! The room also had a flat screen telly with spanish tv stations! Nevertheless large enough for the two of us and it had a safe at a reasonable cost together with a functional A/c unit at no extra cost unlike some hotels.
The restaurant is below ground and with only one lift that sometimes took 5-10 minutes to summon a ride. The food to be honest was always hot, with a good selection at every meal with free red wine & water at meals. Always a choice but aimed towards the Spanish holiday maker which was not a problem. Plenty of fresh bread & fruit everyday, soup, cold meat & salads. We were always able to find a table and able to serve ourselves without too much hassle.
The daily evening entertainment was again aimed towards the Spanish visitor but we rather enjoyed the hokey cokey sung in Spanish! Bar prices were reasonable with a small beer @ 1.50e and a cocktail for 3.00e which could be drunk by the pool or in the lounge. WiFi was also free in the reception area but only worked reliably now & again. There were numerous Tapas bars within a short walk, shops & supermarkets to buy cheap wine & beer too. The Old town shops were also within 5-10 minutes walk which are well worth a visit too. This area around the hotel always seemed to be busy but due to it's location next to the Police Station we were not disturbed by noise or loud disco/bars.
The hotel is situated about five minutes from a lovely sandy beach in the older part of the town, but I would not advocate hiring a car as there is no where to park without paying 16-18 euros a day to use private parking faclities. We had to either pay to park or walk for 10-15 minutes from the outskirts of the town to the hotel.
In summary we enjoyed our stay and found the majority of the staff to be really friendly & helpful. For the price we paid for the week it represented extremely good value for the money and would advise a visit if you want to experience Benidorm.

Room Tip: Don't book if you want a sea view, there isn't one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank RussellAA

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hungarian first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

me and my partner stayed at the brasil hotel 17th to the 27th sept 2013 we was not impressed. When we booked we asked for top floor room, but when we arrived we got first floor opposite the police station. We asked why we was not given a top floor room and the staff couldn't understand this took ages trying to explain what we needed, we was also disgusted that the cleaner's just walk instead of knocking this happened as I had just come out of the shower.

We also experienced bed bugs and many other bugs in our bed to which when we complained nothing was done.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody and not worth stopping in

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank scampi4

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Darwen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We knew when we chose this hotel that it was in the old town and very "Spanish". This, I suppose, is what made our minds up to book. We chose well. We were the only 2 English people in the hotel and it was a lovely change. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed.
Our room, 106, was on the first floor overlooking the Police Station!!! No problems at all
Our A/Con was on constant from around lunch time and it was a treat walking in from the heat to a cool room. Safety deposit box 10 Euros dep plus 2 Euros per day, deposit back on check out. Free Wi-Fi in main areas. Beer San Miguel spot on, spirits not on measures !!!
Room serviced each morning with clean towels, comfy beds and very clean. We were on a half board booking, the food wasn't the best but nothing to complain about. The restaurant was spotless and well run, though very small. Wine in the restaurant 5 Euros per bottle
All the staff were nice and very hard working and the entertainment worker for the Spanish children did a very good job and all the children joined in. We didn't understand a word but it looked good!
Some good local bars dotted around but if you want a night in the new town we paid 10 Euros one way in a taxi to the far end, Morgans Tavern etc.
If you are on a coach transfer they do drop you on the nearest main street but that is because the coach cant possibly get to the Hotel due to the narrow street.
We had a very relaxed 5 night break at the Brasil and would not hesitate to book again in the future. Give it a go

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cge-lancs
paisley
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 23rdjuly to 3rdaugust for what we paid half board for 11 nights we couldn't have got self catering with aircon for that price I knew what to expect before I left for holiday somg I would expect if you comment on trip advisor you'd do the same towels changed every day linen every 3days ok food not fantastic but plenty choice for breakfast if you want english tea bags bring them with you your in spain small pool but will return

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank brianadipaisley
oldbury
Reviewed 28 July 2013

we went on this holiday as a group of 21 , this group had all ages including babies, after being dumped off the coach 10 minutes down the road by a driver who could only speak spanish we found the hotel , settled in room its was clean but the only positive thing at the hotel , went for tea as we had made it in time and it was all spanish food , nothing english not even chips for the kids , so we ended eating out ! next day breakfast wasnt no better coffee barley warm we had to microwave it so it was hot no english tea bags and 2 toasters to serve 100 people at a time our room i couldnt believe it looked directley on and into the police station we watched them loading guns one night . the pool is tiny and only 8 sunloungers for 600 guests , there is nothing to do for the kids at all , if your not spanish you will not fit in here as the hotel is spanish dominated and so is the town no one can speak english .only go to the new town if your going to benidorm as we felt vunerable at night the and my sisterinlaw had her purse pickpocked . the only nice thing in the hotel was rosa behind the bar lovely girl. we saved hard for this holiday and had to spend it all on food and drink (pop) not beer and couldnt wait to get home to have a nice meal . im so dissapointed never again and alot of english people said the same in the hotel ive never starved like we did for the 10 days

Room Tip: pool view rooms the best but out of 9 rooms we had we only got 1 pool view room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank julie d
UK
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Arrived 23rd July its so hot we asked Sutton Coldfield Co op travel for hotels in Levante Beach area on the assistants recommendation we accepted Hotel Brasil as she said its Central Its NOT its the old town Poniente end. Opposite the Cop shop .Very Spanish not what we wanted with 2 grandchildren who never walk and suffer with the heat. Its a long walk into the popular area of levante beach. The pool is very small not many sun beds we ate breakfast the 1st morning in the hotel the yogurt from a machine had curdled no sausage not much choice in cereal. No normal tea bags no hair dryer in the room. Extremely hard beds. We have stayed in the old town before so we knew never again. Very unhappy with this 2 star rubbish hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Sasu
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I booked this hotel in January via onthebeach website. Days before the holiday I was told the hotel had been overbooked. Then one day before my holiday onthebeach rang to say this hotel was not overbooked afterall. So off I went, regretfully.
On the last day my flight was late evening, so I put my padlocked case in the official luggage room that was locked and had CCTV. I arrived to collect it later and it was gone.
After informing the reception and demanding the police be called, the receptionist suddenly remembered that one of the staff had put my case in the laundry room, as it was found on one of the hotel floors. Then a young man appeared with my suitcase half empty. I asked for the manager and was told "Carlos Parraga was out of Benidorm". I asked for the police and was ignored and I asked to see the supposed CCTV but was told that I had to ring a phone number and only the boss had the number and he was not available. I was forced to leave the hotel with half my clothes and toiletries and hair straighteners missing. They took the best stuff!!! Took me ages to save for and this was a much needed holiday following the death of my father. Take my advice. AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE.....unless you can afford to throw money away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family