“Highly recommended”

Ranked #70 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Fortuna, Spain
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My friends and us stay at this hotel for a few days each spring and autumn when possible. As I have a heart condition and cannot walk too far this hotel is ideally placed, being across the road from the beach and right on the edge of the old town. We always find the reception staff very helpful. Once when we went, I had a broken ankle and asked where we could find a shop that hire wheelchairs and they did no more than than organise it all for me and had the wheelchair delivered to the hotel - what service! The rooms are perhaps not luxurious but they are a good size, always clean, have a full length mirror ( no standing on the bed to try and see if you look ok) and plenty of wardrobe space. We always request a sea view room and there is a large balcony with table and chairs and sunbeds. The view is beautiful over the marina and beach and along the coast. We usually have full board and this means we get free wine and water with lunch and evening meals and if you go out for the day they will do a packed lunch on request. OK, the meals tend to be quite Spanish but we always find something on the menu that we like and I'm sure if you just wanted egg and chips they would do it! The English side of the breakfast is quite adequate and we appreciate them doing it for us as the Spaniards would mostly only have a continental brekkie. The waiting staff are really nice and personally I enjoy being served my meals instead of buffet style.
I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends. I think it is good value for money and much more personal with its fewer rooms than the big Benidorm hotels with hundreds of guests. At the end of the day it depends what you like.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor with sea view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ingrid G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Decided to stay here for a couple of nights while visiting Alicante. The hotel is close to the sea, on the edge of the old town. There is a taxi rank on the road outside. The room was very clean and spacious- ideal for our visit.It had a large outside balcony with chairs table and even sunloungers. The room is airconditioned. The bathroom was also clean complete with bath and shower. We were on the 6th Floor and could hear no noise from the street when the doors to the balcony were closed. The only odd noise we could hear was the lift mechanism, but apart from that it was faultless. The Room has thick curtains that totally hides the sunlight and that helped getting a good nights sleep too! There is a bar downstairs. The receptionists were friendly, and had an area to leave our bags when leaving. I would definitely stay here again if i was looking for a short stay(I cannot comment what a week would be like as we only stopped for a short time)

Room Tip: Always go higher - lovely view of town and sea
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Operaghost999
Rossendale
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Having recently stayed in this hotel, this is one review which is a bit of up and down.

..... Reception .... on arrival we didn't expect to be able to have our room straight away as we got there are 11.00am and check in was advised as 3pm. The staff that greeted us on arrival, although Spanish, spoke good English and were very welcoming. We were allowed into our room which was a great bonus! It has to be said that not all reception staff were as friendly.

....... The Room .... clean, except we had a small problem with ants (and that's not cleanliness it just a fact of being abroad), but nothing major and nothing that I personally would moan about. The room was a decent size, good storage facilities, and bathroom had a great shower. The safe is a €10 key deposit and then its €2 day to hire. The air conditioning was absolute rubbish, in fact it often felt like it wasn't working. Due to the time of year it wasn't a major problem, but I would imagine in summer that it would be. The mini bar is probably the only one I have come across that isn't majorly overpriced and the drinks were lovely and cold! I did have an issue with an item missing from my room, which oddly re-appeared when I asked for the details of the local police. The view from the room was something else ... excellent view of the harbour and down the front of the old town, and the balcony had sun loungers on as well as a little bistro type table and chairs. If booking this hotel, its worth noting that if you don't book a room with a seaview the views from the side and back rooms are not very good.

....... Food....... What you have to remember is that this is a Spanish hotel, used mainly by Spaniards. I think apart from one other couple we were the only British people staying there, and we had just bed and breakfast, which was just totally rubbish. Uncooked bacon, greasy fried egg and hot dog sausages (which for some reason had been peeled!!) - the rest was just pastries, fruit and bread. No variety at all, and Im just glad that we hadn't booked half/full board.

....... Hotel bar ..... The bar staff, again although they could speak little English, were so friendly and polite, drinks not overpriced and good service.

....... The Hotel itself ..... has to be in one of the best spots in the Old Town. Two minutes from Tapas Alley at night, no more than a five minute walk to Malpas Beach, shops etc.

Personally I would never book here again, but that is a personal choice, as for me the items that let the hotel down were important items to me.

Room Tip: Has to be upper floors and definitely with a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank snoozysuzb
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel appears to be booked predominantly by the Spanish, however do not let this put you off. Stayed here for one week half board and an English speaker was always on hand and an English menu was provided for meal times.
Food was very good as was the service, rooms were a good size including shower and bath and mini fridge and an ample balcony with two sunbirds and a cafe style table and chairs. TV in room is Spanish TV only but you don't come on your hols to watch the box, I certainly don't.
Location is far better than in the new town and is on the harbour front. It is a brisk 15 minute walk to the new town if you want to head that way.
Would recommend highly and would stay again

• Stayed September 2013
Almeria, Spain
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a group and absolutely delighted with it. It is situated very close to the old town tight on the sea front. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and fresh. We booked for bed and breakfast for two nights and the breakfast was lovely, with quite a nice choice for a three star hotel. We went by coach so we had no parking problems but I don't think they have a garage so parking could be an issue particularly in high summer.

Room Tip: Myself and my companion had a front corner room with a beautiful view. The room was large, as was t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sylvia050
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

had the misfortune to book in the esmeralda , left that hotel , went to tannit . they were very welcoming , amazing staff . beautiful rooms with a fantastic view , nothing was a bother to them at all .i certainly be returning there ,fabulous building , fabulous area ,best hotel i have ever stayed in ,in spain as i go very often , certainly wouldnt stay any other place than this .food absolutely lush , service fantastic.

Room Tip: sea view x
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Patricia l
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed here June 2012 and found the hotel to be very clean, and the staff very
friendly and helpful. Excellent location in the old town.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends