“I'll pay a little more next time”
Review of Mont Park

Mont Park
Ranked #113 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights, from 15-20 May 2013. The hotel is situated on a slight hill, between Subway & Burger King in the new town of Benidorm. Less than 5 minutes take you to the glorious Levante Beach. The hotel is basic but functional. Checkin was smooth, but without a smile. The bedroom was clean but the bed creaked, the walls were paper thin and the décor was drab. The bathroom was clean but the shower was what could only be described as "open plan". When showering, the floor was soaked as the was simply an opening for the water to splash through……strange to say the least. Cleaners came every day and were very thorough. They did have a mop - thankfully.

Though booked full board, I only had 2 lunches and 2 evening meals. The restaurant wasn't particularly large and, in the evening, there was a queue to be seated. I couldn't be bothered with this. Though a buffet, the selection was small and no indication of what the dishes were. When I did use the restaurant, I did eat but I would imagine that a "picky" eater might struggle.

The pool and bar areas were functional, well maintained but not busy. I would point out that the hotel appear to cater more to local and French taste, though there was a smattering of English speaking residents. Convenient, quiet location made up for the minus points of my stay. One further point, the lifts were painfully slow. In the end I only used them to ascend to my 7th floor. I walked down. Overall, you get what you pay for. Next time I'll pay a bit more.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GregPoet

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Have stayed at this hotel as a couple about six times now. The hotel we find is really good value for what we paid, and it appears to be improving slowly over the years. The pool area has been refurbished and now the restaurant has a new extension making it about a third bigger in size. Above this extension leading out from the entertainment room, is a new sun terrace which is nice. The pool is not really suited to young kids as it is quite deep in the shallow end, and overall it mostly suits couples and friends. We have always found plenty of British people who we have met over the years and found them easy to get on with as the hotel has a laid back feel. I eat almost anything at mealtimes at this hotel and have never had deli belly which says a lot about the food and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Drinks at the bar are really cheap, and if you ask nicely they will even give you a small bowl of de...
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my 3rd visit to the mont park 14th-21st may, and love the place, it`s a great 3* hotel, i had a single room which was ok, my only gripe was that the toilet was positioned in the corner of the bathroom, right next to the bath and sink, leaving around 12inches of legroom once sitting down, and it didn`t help, me being 6ft 4ins tall :-( even my mate who was next door struggled and he is only 5ft 6ins tall, so beware if you book a room for 1.
The food was great, lamb, chicken, veal, rabbit, pasta, fish, full english breakfast in the mornings, always managed to find something i liked, 1.5 euro a pint, 4 euro for a bottle of wine.
Pool area is great, plenty of beds to go around.
We only use the hotel to eat and sleep, the rest of the time we were out and about, so it served our purpose well.
Roll on september when i`ll be back again :-))

Room Tip: Rooms 115 &116 are right next to the lifts and stairs, and can get quite noisy around meal times...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tonyrv0673
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just back from first holiday to Benidorm and selected Mont Park on value for money. We weren't disappointed. Went full board for less than £20 a day. Great spot at end of beach with short walk down to it. Fine walking down and not as bad as some say coming back. Quiet and relaxed. Beds hard but fine by me. Good view of pool and down to beach. Was going to take teenage grandson but feel he would not have liked the food as mainly aimed at the Spanish. Varied menu and could even help yourself to Champagne on Friday night. Maids in every day. Hotel very clean. Would recommend it to friends and family as long as willing to eat Spanish style. If you have an early flight home or are out for the day then ask for a packed lunch the day before, worth it.

1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The hotel was spotless ,mainly Spanish who were impeccable , we went full board food was more than adequate for what we paid had a sea view and pool view,will be going back , prices were excellent 4euro bottle of wine 1.5 for a pint or bottle .have read previous reviews who were not complementary ,we did not find this to be true.
Very good hotel give it a try.
Ps would say its a couples hotel and not a children's though.

4  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Arrived here 11th May for a 5 night stay after staying 5 nights in the old town.
We arrived at around 12 noon and thought we would have to wait for our room but it was ready on arrival and I had asked for a pool view (as per the recommendations on TA) and we got what we asked for. The room was fine, did what we wanted it to do, we slept well as location of hotel is well away from the noisy rowdy new town bars (bit of a hike up cardiac hill everyday but you soon get used to it!)
The food at the hotel was very nice in my opinion and we didnt struggle with choosing something each day, we went half board and enjoyed it, the bar prices were very cheap for a hotel bar only 2.60 for a pint of lager and a white wine - bargain i'd say.
Nice pool area, we never struggled for a sunbed
No English TV in the room though so dont expect this
The hotel is about a 20 minute stroll into the heart of the new town (if you want it) and about a 20 minute walk up to the main bars of the Rincon (which we chose to go to)
All in all a very enjoyable stay and would recommed this hotel based on my stay

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Just stayed in mont park we my partner & it woz very clean hotel. & for the money we paid it woz good , it's not full of hen & stag doos , just older people which we thought woz good because it woz quiet & no noise , the food woznt that bad , I would go back next time in benidorm.

• Stayed: May 2013