“Excellent !!!”

Ranked #123 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just back from a 10 trip (22nd July - 1st Aug) and stayed in these apartments. They are basic, but practical. We were in block 1 (1-D), which was ideal ... no lifts. Location was excellent, and even though we were on the first floor, I never had any issues with noise etc.. Had a great time at the pool, with the lifeguard Fernado, making it a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. I would recomend these to anyone. I booked through Travel Republic and got a great price. All in all, very happy.

Room Tip: Low floor Block 1 (1-D)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ian170573

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Liverpool
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have stayed in these apartments three times and in Gemelos IV once, they are always clean and tidy when you arrive. They are in a good area, close enough to the square for the nightlife, but far enough away for it not to keep you awake, although Benidorm is a noisy place wherever you stay. The kitchen is adequate, two burner hob, oven, fridge freezer, washing machine, iron, but don't expect to swing a cat in it. The living room has a sofa bed and telly, two single beds in the bedroom, and a dining table on the balcony, which is
enclosed by sliding glass panels, There is no air con, which you could do with cos it gets really hot. The pools in Gemelos II are very good, but you have to check the opening hours, or should I say months, because they only open between June and September, and you have to wait for the lifeguard to get there before you can use them, there are no sunbeds either, so it's the concrete floor, or buy a lilo for about €4, there is no reception so you have to look after yourself and sometimes, depending on you arrival and departure time, getting and dropping off your keys can be a bit awkward, paying a deposit of between €60 and €150 can be a pain as well, you only get one set of towels as well, which have to last you all week, we just washed them ourselves tho, which looking at some of the reviews on here, people don't like doing. The lifts are very slow, so try and get a low floor. we have booked with Beninter.es and Fincas Arena, Beninter is only two minutes away, and Fincas is about half a mile, not to bad for collecting your keys, if they are shut you get them from the Castillas hotel in the next street. Always had good holidays in Benidorm, and these apartments are fine if you're not expecting to much.

Room Tip: get a low floor because the lifts take forever and are very small.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank larrybrowne
Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just returned from 10 days in Benidorm with my 14 year old son. Apart from the location of these apartments, everything about them is horrendous. The pool DOES NOT OPEN until 11AM and there are NO SUNBEDS!! I have never heard the likes - a pool with NO SUNBEDS!! We were on the 18th floor and the lift is shocking! There is NO BALCONY - it is sliding split windows so therefore no feeling of relaxation on the balcony and they are so stuffy - no air con (I did know that, however, usually the balcony gives you a bit of repreive - hahahah!!) . In 10 days we had our sheets changed once and I had to wash towels and sheets myself (fortunately there was a washing machine). They seem to be full of Spanish people who have no consideration for other people and they had parties outside the lift area and I had to tell them on several occasions to keep the noise down at 2am in the morning. Everytime the person above moves a table or chair the noise is incredible, and much to our disgust the group of boys above us decided to have a 2 hour furniture removal session at 1am in the morning and then party on til 4am stamping their feet continuously. I appreciate that Benidorm is a young and lively resort, however, it is nice to escape to your apartment and "chill" - this is NEVER going to happen in these apartments - This is the worst apartments I have EVER stayed in - I am happy with "cheap and cheerful" but there was nothing cheerful (or cheap for that matter) about these apartments. The previous reviews mentioned about picking up the keys - we too were dropped away up the road and had to ask people at 11.30pm how we could get into our apartments - lugging 3 suitcases about the streets until we finally picked up the keys. Never Again!!!

Room Tip: Just Don't Book!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Just back from gemelos 2 stayed in tower two. No problem whatsoever. We booked with costablanca apartments and were pre warned about the security deposit and we were met right at the door with our keys at 8pm. Book with the right people for the right service. Apartment clean and tidy flat screen tv with english. We had a washing machine. Basic pool but clean. No sunbeds but we knew that. Book with confidence. Centre location. Thanks

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Rachel-barr
Relleu, Spain
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Have stayed at Gemols II on a number of occasions.

Appartments are basic but clean and are in a great location for all the new town entertainment.

Great pools but lack of airconditioning is an issue in hottermonths

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Well what can I say' me my mother and nice arrived at benidorm at half 12. The transfer dropped us off at a total different hotel which was three blocks away did I mention my mention my mother was a pensioner and her ankles was like puddings at this time, we then had to go to a different hotel for our keys which was at least four to five blocks away. 3 hours later we finally found our hotel. It was basic! The pool wasn't open for us to use there was no bar super market reception it was terrible!!! Day 2 pool finally opens at 3pm me and my niece went to dip feet in pool and Spanish residential people who lived there went mad shouting things in Spanish telling us to shower before going in the pool. There was one sun lounger or chair to sit on which meant we had to sit on the floor, which isn't nice for a old age pensioner! Thankfully the beach was just down the road and a perfect bar called neros bar the young couple who ran this was very helpful we couldn't of done it without them! I would not recommend this apartment to anyone!

And they asked us for 150 English pounds deposit! Terrible how dare they! Not one facilitie! Not one bar! Not one sun lounger and wanted us to pay 150 pound terrible!!! I advise not to go !!!

• Stayed June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Just got back from here the apartments were good everything. Init. We were in tower 3. The pool and gardens are lovely, didn't go in pool cos it was a bit chilly cos its early may..great location,
NOW. For the bad crap..
We were told to pick up keys from another hotel about ten minute walk ok I didn't have a problem with that, are transfer dropped us off at gemlos 22. So we walked to go get keys from Buenavista. Yep no keys for us there the manager rang about 5 different phone numbers, nothing.. He said we had to come back in morning when the offices were open,, that's great. Mmmmm but its 2am. Now and we have 2 children so he put us in a room for the night and charged us £50.. Cut a very long story short we got are keys at 2pm the next day -- £50. And lost a day out of are. 3 days we were there.. Ill let you use your imagination about the phone call I made to the holiday firm.
But the apartments were very good....

• Stayed May 2013