“NOT A HAPPY BUNNY”

Rays 11 Fish and Chips
Ranked #93 of 900 Restaurants in Benidorm
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have as an adult family and friend been going to Rays for years and mostly things were fine but this year we only went the once because to us they seem more interested in the coin than customer satisfaction. I asked about the breaded Chicken fillet she said it was breaded not battered as I am not a batter lover, and leave the batter if I have cod. We had ordered some of the set specials so drinks were included with them but a couple of our group wanted a different drink, so I said I will have his drink and the same with one other person, but they didn't give us the drink that would have been free but made a shandy and charged us extra for it and charged for the extra drink which should really have been free. The Chips had a funny taste and were greasy and my Chicken was battered not breaded and full of grease and had all the rubbish on it that I would cut off and throw away not cook and serve it. I told the waitress when she asked if everything was OK but despite leaving my meal they did not offer to knock off anything from the bill or ask if I would like something else, and we didn't get the drinks that should have come with the set meals except the cup of tea. If it had been my place I would have given the inclusive drinks to the people who wanted the same drink that would have been included in the other peoples meals instead of charging for all the drinks and asked if the person who had the terrible chicken steak, which was disgusting, if I could have replaced it with something else. They lost our custom for the rest of the holidays. We spent around £50 on something that tasted terrible, a couple of the lads ate some of theirs but most of us left more than we ate.

2  Thank Ugotabejokin

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely fresh food and very pleasant staff, had the small portion but struggled to eat all of it, the chips were really good and the food was nice and hot

1  Thank jimmy014
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Been going for years, always same waitress. Food excellent, can be a tad expensive but don't mind if your getting top quality food. Reccomend the Scampi to be a little different, fresh and very large, not out of a bag ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here 3 times in our 10days stay in Benidorm best fish and chips I have ever have and staff are really friendly and bend over backwards for you

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hubby and I had fish and chips they were lovely , good menu and the place spotless nice friendly lady served us , will be back on next visit to Benidorm!