After having spent a week in Melia Villaitana golfing and spending time with a group of 50 other Finnish golfers, I can most certainly recommend both the hotel and the golf.
The room we booked was spacious, with a large balcony equipped with good furniture, overlooking the golf course. Extra advantage was the walk-in-closet, really large bathroom and very comfortable bed with a change of sheets twice during the week!
What I could have added was a pair of slippers and a bathrobe, the tiled floor was a bit cold.
The spa was really over-priced and the friendly personnel did not make up with the almost nothing. The jaguzzi was large and nice, but that was about all it offered. The changing room was all wet and cold and dirty from walking around with normal shoes and there was no hair-dryer available.
The breakfast, dinners and the few restaurants, which were open off-season were all very good.
The two courses are operated by a separate business, managed OK, but nothing special. The courses were extremely dry at this late time of the season, but because of their lenght, very rewarding for regular club-players. The bunkers, however, were hard as stone, nor at all well maintained.
Overall, a good experience and can be recommended! For those, who wish to visit Benidorm, I can recommend restaurant Alcazar for a more formal dinner and the splendid tapas house Cava Aragonesa in the old town, which was really something to experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 20 minutes from Alicante, Melia Villaitana has two hotels Melia Villaitana 4* y The Level at Melia Villaitana 5*. Melia Villaitana has been designed in the form of a Mediterranean village, lying between 2 golf courses designed by Nicklaus Design and boasting some wonderful views of the Gran Bahia of the Costa Blanca. Its 25 individual buildings and its unique architectural style replicate picturesque squares and historic corners of the region, making the hotel an innovative experience for both leisure and business, and positioning it as a new concept of exclusivity, comfort and service on the Costa Blanca.Accommodation: The hotel has 455 spacious double rooms, including 99 rooms of The Level (5 star) category.Services: The hotel has 2 golf courses, 5,000 m2 of outdoor pools, as well as a wide range of cuisine, 2 tennis and 6 paddle courts, an outdoor childrens play area, a kids club, artificial beach and a complete Spa & Wellness Center with 13 treatment rooms, thermal pools, gym and relaxation room. A Convention Centre with 6,000 m2 of flexible space, divided into 17 meeting rooms to meet every requirement in relation to conferences and large events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Melia Villaitana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaitana Wellness Golf & Business Sun Hotel Benidorm
- Villaitana Wellness Golf And Business Sun Resort
- Villaitana Wellness Hotel Business Sun
- Villaitana Wellness Resort Business Sun
- Sheraton Benidorm