“disappointment”

Ranked #81 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“disappointment”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

never stayed at the queens but always go for a meal on every trip we have to Benidorm (about 5 times) It has always been excellent staff brill food one of the best in Benidorm, but what a let down this time, no one in, hardly any staff it was advertising a show at 8pm so we went early for a meal - 12 of us 6 had been before and 6 hadn't they wanted to have us sit the the bar area which was not suitable so we asked to go up stairs which we did. we asked about the show and the staff couldn't answer with a straight reply. orders were taken before we were seated, orders we wrong a well done steak was rare, crab starter was 7.95 euros and it turned out to be crab sticks, error after error. the meals were ok but no where near what it used to be as a result they didn't charge us for 2 coffee and 1 desert don't think we will be back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It's been years since I have been to the queens the guys that ran it where Wayne and Derrick, they where the best of hosts and nothing was any trouble for them. They where friendly and kept an eye on business never over stepped the mark and good with the staff. This time round I was so disappointed I did not know it had changed hands but I realised it straight away as soon as I was booking in the staff where down right rude ignored me for over thirty minutes while they where on the phone making call after call. The food was crap the room dirty,no pressure in the shower I could go on and on. Maybe it was the same last time but the pleasure of Wayne and Derrick just distracted you from it. I am real sorry but will not be back they don't deserve to make a profit no matter how cheap they make the place. This must be the worse review I have written.

Room Tip: Avoid this place now
6 Thank Murray D
United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Been there quite a few times over the last 12 months and I have always found the the bar staff very friendly. Great entertainment and lively atmosphere, they go the extra mile. Highly recommended for drinks before midnight before you go on to other spots.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank airbus1234
Oliva, Spain
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Well, looks can be deceiving, the place was lovely! The staff where really welcoming, felt like a friend. The bedroom was a nice size! Could of done with some thicker curtains to block sun light. Needed just a lick of paint, but everything was lovely. Really enjoy my stay, Came to Benidorm for a three day music festival, and will definitely return again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chris200692
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a budget hotel bang in the centre of Benidorm Old Town that offers good value for money. The rooms are clean and a good size - the balcony (room 63) gave the added bonus of sea views. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially Gary who has a good knowledge of what to see and do around town. My only criticism: the beds are a bit on the hard side, but then this may suit some. I would definitely recommend The Queens for it's location and warm atmosphere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Will R
Brighton
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a fantastic stay for the week staff where very good friendly helpful and always smiling and cheerful what made it nice room was clean and tidy got tidy and cleaned every day food was nice will be staying there again
Mark inwood

2 Thank Marky1249
LONDON
Reviewed 20 October 2013

After my first stay in May I returned to The Queens last week. Very warm welcome from Mercedes and Luis. Gary served us well during our stay and nothing was too much. Rooms cleaned very very well. I would say another great few days away love the location of this hotel and how friendly most of the guest are. My only gripe and this is coming from someone who works for a large hotel group / chain is this. If chef is to show his miserable face in the bar is to change his chef whites. I will be back I love this hotel and if I wasn't in India for Xmas and new year I would consider this for NYE.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quite go to the Lake District this is benidorm at the end of the day.
1 Thank Craig P