“gone down hill”
Review of Queens Hotel

Queens Hotel
Ranked #81 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Was very dissapointed with this hotel and as for the bar, well. It is shocking that bar staff in this day and age mimic gay customers and make them feel unwelcome. We left after the bar staff were clearly insulting and joking about some of their gay clients drinking at the bar. Benidorm has a huge number of gay, lesbian and trans-gender visitors every year and to behave the way they did when we visited is a huge mistake. Maybe this was a one off but my experience was enough to make me leave and review the place and you may have a different experence yourself.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
10  Thank BazUK1
RoyalQueens, Guest Relations Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Bar. We are sorry that you feel the hotel has "gone down hill" we note that you did not actually stay with us. We are not really sure how to reply as we are regarded as one of the most gay friendly places to stay in Benidorm. Many of our regular guests stay with us because they enjoy the safe, relaxed and friendly environment offered to all guests and especially guests who are gay. Indeed we have regular groups of TV/TS guests staying with us organised via T.Girl Holidays.

Furthermore, we also find it hard to understand why our staff would ever be "insulting" to gay customers given that almost all of our frontline staff are actually gay and those few who are not are very aware of our gay customer base. We have a huge number of regular gay customers who stay with us often and enjoy a good light hearted banter with our staff. We have never had a single complaint about the way we treat our gay customers who make up the majority of guests who stay with us. Sadly you did not make your views known to us at the time and as such we have no way of knowing the time of your visit and are therefore unable to question those on duty to be able verify events and take any action if required.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I needed a place to Stay in Central Benidorm as I go there every Month relating to my Work and Royal Queens Hotel was exactly what i needed can book Room Only or HB all at Very reasonable Prices and take a look at their Deals...... ! I have now stayed October, November and December 2013 and will be staying there in January 2014! Rooms are very clean a checked every day... and a Balcony for smokers like me..... Food available as snacks to 3 course dinners... Great Value ..... Luis the Owner does a great Job...... and all the mangers and Staff very Helpful and friendly a Large Roof Garden is on the 8th Floor.... I chose to Stay at the Back of the Hotel just because its away from the busy front.... that is a Personal choice of mine! Can only say if you want a central easy friendly value for money place to stay... give it a try....I am very happy with it all.........

Room Tip: Just give them a call.... with any questions you have and I am sure they will sort it for you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank PatrickJLynch1957
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Had a nice time at the queens me and my mate. We stayed half board food was good and staff friendly. Wish we could stay longer. Glad Julia isn't here anymore. Spanish owners very friendly will be back next year. Well located in old town benidorm close to all gay bars and beach

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dobbin69
Reviewed 27 November 2013

never stayed at the queens but always go for a meal on every trip we have to Benidorm (about 5 times) It has always been excellent staff brill food one of the best in Benidorm, but what a let down this time, no one in, hardly any staff it was advertising a show at 8pm so we went early for a meal - 12 of us 6 had been before and 6 hadn't they wanted to have us sit the the bar area which was not suitable so we asked to go up stairs which we did. we asked about the show and the staff couldn't answer with a straight reply. orders were taken before we were seated, orders we wrong a well done steak was rare, crab starter was 7.95 euros and it turned out to be crab sticks, error after error. the meals were ok but no where near what it used to be as a result they didn't charge us for 2 coffee and 1 desert don't think we will be back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It's been years since I have been to the queens the guys that ran it where Wayne and Derrick, they where the best of hosts and nothing was any trouble for them. They where friendly and kept an eye on business never over stepped the mark and good with the staff. This time round I was so disappointed I did not know it had changed hands but I realised it straight away as soon as I was booking in the staff where down right rude ignored me for over thirty minutes while they where on the phone making call after call. The food was crap the room dirty,no pressure in the shower I could go on and on. Maybe it was the same last time but the pleasure of Wayne and Derrick just distracted you from it. I am real sorry but will not be back they don't deserve to make a profit no matter how cheap they make the place. This must be the worse review I have written.

Room Tip: Avoid this place now
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Murray D
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Been there quite a few times over the last 12 months and I have always found the the bar staff very friendly. Great entertainment and lively atmosphere, they go the extra mile. Highly recommended for drinks before midnight before you go on to other spots.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank airbus1234
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Well, looks can be deceiving, the place was lovely! The staff where really welcoming, felt like a friend. The bedroom was a nice size! Could of done with some thicker curtains to block sun light. Needed just a lick of paint, but everything was lovely. Really enjoy my stay, Came to Benidorm for a three day music festival, and will definitely return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends