“Exactly what you need”

Vina del Mar Apartments
Ranked #14 of 108 Speciality Lodging in Benidorm
Reviewed 2 July 2014

As per my title, this hotel is exactly what you need. The hotel is right next to a supermarket, several pubs, and two minutes from the beach. The rooms are clean and tidy, and a very good size. For the price, you won't get much better.

If I had to pick fault, I would say the pool area was a bit too quiet (not sure why) with only a few Spanish kids hanging about (who are annoying) but I don't really know what the hotel could do to improve this as the pool area is very clean etc. Maybe a hotel/pool bar would help. I would say it was very good and we got our moneys worth.

I would stay here again if offered to me, however I prefer it to be a bit more lively round the pool, which would be the only thing that would make me look elsewhere.

Also, the reception are very nice and helpful. I had my wallet stolen and lost my room keys, and they replaced them without taking my deposit, which pleasantly surprised me.

Room Tip: I think you'd struggle to get a bad room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The location is very central which is great, on the down side you will need to empty your own bins, the pool has no sun umbrellas, the jacuzzi has no water in it, the pool is not heatered so very cold
Over all though the main areas are clean and the apartments are a good size

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for 8 night, nice friendly helpful ladies on the desks. I booked a double but got a twin, no drama, I also wanted a late checkout but that didn't happen either but again no biggie as they let us leave our bags in reception. Shower was nice and powerful and plenty of hot water for the two of us. Kitchen small but everything you need. Towels changed 3 times and bedding once and that was plenty. Apartment nice and clean when we got there. Pool area nice as it was not too busy but if the apartments were full you would have to get up early to get a spot on a lounger. Beach very close although rocky for swimming, better swimming right at the other end of the beach, 20 mins walk along promenade. Good location for bars. Overall for the price I would say its spot on and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: higher the better maybe
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Can not praise it to much, spent 2weeks in 13a from 12/26 May 2015. Staff all helpful and friendly, warm welcome on arrival from front receptionist. So good have already booked for next year,can't wait. Well situated for beach and amenities. One small criticism is lack of bins in toilets. The pool area is immaculate with plenty of sun beds and is very quiet. The towels were changed every 3 days and the apartment was cleaned twice and the beds 3 times. I highly recommend this to all I meet. Did not use fitness centre or children's facilities.
Richard,Sadie and John

Room Tip: The higher the better for good sea views and less street noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

great appartment 5 mins from beach.. bit noisy of a night ( side rooms) had 2 bedroom one loads of room...fully stocked with everything u need.only thing was not enough toilet rolls and need bin in bathroom...

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank caravangang
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed 11th May to the 18th. Party of five blokes all around 40 years old reliving our youth.

Location is excellent. One road back from the beach, 5 mins walk to the nightlife, by which I mean the English Square etc but you don't get loads of noise from drunken people. We were on the 10th floor and we didn't hear anything. Having said that we were coming home any time between 2am and 4am so we were probably the culprits of any noise. Apologies! Not ideal if you wished to be near to the old town, probably a twenty minute or so walk to get there.

Had everything you need for self catering, kettle, microwave, toaster, fridge etc. We mainly ate out though as everywhere's pretty cheap.

Bedrooms seemed fine. Pretty basic but you're only there to put your head down. It's not five star material but we never had any problem sleeping. Alcohol may have aided this though. Two twin rooms with the fifth person having to sleep on the sofa. We thought there might have been a pull out bed but it was just the sofa. I don't think this was ideal for the fifth person but it sufficed.

The living area is spacious. As previous reviews have said you don't feel crowded or on top of each other. Balcony was fine too with views of the sea inbetween the hotels in front of the appartments. Ask for a room higher up if you want to see more of the sea.

Can't comment on the pool area as we never used it. Morgan's Tavern (Neptunes in the program) is in the street behind the hotel, as is Sol Pelicanos (the Solana).

Towels were changed two or three times during the week but the apartment wasn't cleaned or the sheets changed. Not that we minded, there's people starving in the world so not a big deal. We were in when the towels came once so they might have intended to clean then but decided not to as we'd be in the way. Have to give them the benefit of the doubt!

We paid a hundred euro deposit which was returned on our departure. Our flight left late on the Saturday night so we'd booked the apartment until the Sunday morning. The original receptionist told us that they were open until midnight on the Saturday evening so it wouldn't be a problem getting our money back. However, we had a phone call from reception during Saturday afternoon saying they shut at six and did want our deposit back?! Fortunately one of us was in the room when they rang, the rest of us had gone out, otherwise we may have been wandering down to a shut reception and no deposit later on! All's well that ends well though. I'm sure they'd have tried to contact us again (benefit of the doubt again).

One small gripe was there was no lock on the bathroom door so everyone had to announce when they were taking a shower, performing their ablutions etc.

Overall we thought this place was great. Mainly for the location, very little late night noise but it was also clean and had good facilities. A couple of small gripes but they were pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. Would we return again? Most certainly, if they'd have us :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Barrie J
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Well I have just come back after 8 days at this apartment I have got to say FAB its a great place to stay as its close to everything you need and 2 mins from the beach. All rooms have a good sea view too and are very large so you aren't falling over each other separate bedrooms and 2 bathrooms one with toilet and sink and one with bath/shower toilet and sink. But there are a few things that you may need to know just in case you stay here first the pool is FREZZING omg I nearly had a heart attack and is in the shade a lot but don't forget the beach is right there (but cost 4 euro for chair and 4 euro for parasol but me and my friend just got pool lye lows and sunbathed on them on beach for free) , second you have to give a deposit of £25 each per person that's in the apartment at the beginning of the holiday for damages but you do get this back at the end of the holiday. third its strange but there is 2 company's that run the apartment one in the apartment and one next door which is strange but not really a problem but thought its good info to know and last little bad thing was that we was there 8 days and the apartment only got cleaned once when we was there and beds was only changed once to but the staff were very helpful and was there when needed anything. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about this place and will defo be staying here again actually I'm looking for another holiday to stay here in the next 5 weeks and cant wait.

Room Tip: rooms to the side may have a little noise but you can still get to sleep but have more windows for a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family