“Go here if you want overpriced packet sauces and pasta”
Review of Topo Giggio

Topo Giggio
Ranked #184 of 890 Restaurants in Benidorm
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

What a disappointment! We went to celebrate our sons 7th birthday and after looking at the menu I was shocked at the prices first. 9 euros for the cheapest margarita pizza on the menu! Now I don't mind paying for a lovely Italian meal but I ordered tortellini Topo Gigio for my main course ( we only had one starter as the prices were so shocking) and there must've been literally 8 pieces of pasta on the plates swimming in a bland over seasoned cream sauce that should've also had mushrooms in it but had never seen one.
After a disappointing meal I suggested we have a nice pudding to cheer us up...... Wish we hadn't bothered. Tiramisu that definitely wasn't homemade and a cheap ice cream out of the back of their freezer for our son that they charged us 5 euros for!
Not being funny but not one of the waiters was Italian or even Spanish they were all eastern block.
Avoid at all costs. . . Go to Toscana on the calle Gerona. Divine and its been going for years

2  Thank MrsTidybin
There are newer reviews for Topo Giggio

Reviewed 30 September 2013

4 of us came across this place on hols, staff who served us lovely. Had great avocada salad and salmon pizza very good even though quite salty Found portions huge but could not understand what looked like the owner asking us what was wrong and we just said that there was too much food but otherwise really tasty he seemed to be annoyed with us. Couldnt wait to leave after that, also noticed when we paid bill he was actually checking the money as if it something was wrong with it. If restaurant want to keep customers I would advise they get rid of the rude man dressed in pink and if he is the owner please let your lovely staff deal with the public in future. Otherwise it was a lovely meal spoiled by man in pink!!

1  Thank primrose95
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I first visited Topo Gigio on a girls holiday to Benidorm over 20 years ago, and I was delighted to see it was still there on my recent trip. It was exactly how I remembered and the food, once again, did not disappoint!! The staff were great, attentive without being over baring and did I mention the food!!! Definitely worth a visit, if I ever go back to Benidorm I'll certainly be going back.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We first visited Topo Gigio's Italian restaurant a few years ago and we always go there when we are in Benidorm The owner is a very colourful character who makes everyone welcome, and although this was our first visit in more than 3 years, the Maitre D' remembered us. The food is always lovely, of the highest quality and good value for money.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Well, what can we say about this place, other than its ran by a plastic wannabe gangsta, and the food.....you wouldnt serve to your dog, unless u really unliked it

I wont go in to too much detail but avoid this place.

but avoid at all costs, especially if you dont want to get food poisonig and let it ruin your holiday!

1  Thank WanderlustJoff