“rays”

Ranked #65 of 837 Restaurants in Benidorm
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“rays”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The best fish and chip place in beidorm, freshly cooked while you wait, very tasty, we had take away first the fish was beautiful, next time we ate in, was shown to our table , gave our order then were given appetisers as we waited for our food, well reconmend it to others.

“What a shame”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Old oil, dry fish , awful chips. Sure we don't go back there again.
We have been very disappointed as we expected much better from one of the oldest fish and chip Restaurants in Benidorm.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Haddock”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

On the last night of our holiday rather than eat at our AI hotel we ventured into the old town,and found this place.

It wasn't that busy inside as we were shown to a table,and given menus.After ordering a little plate of appetisers consisting of fish cake and potato croquette brought,they were delicious.

When our main course came the fish was beautiful,must admit I wasn't too keen on the chips though.

I would go again when in Benidorm if I'm missing fish and chips.

London, United Kingdom
“Great place for Fish and chips”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went to have fish and chips here twice during our stay in Benidorm. The service was good and the fish and chips were a generous portion and tasted delicious. Will definitely return when we visit Benidorm again.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I really wanted this to be good, as plenty of people have left decent reviews, however, it really wasn't great. I had the platter, which was the most expensive thing on the menu - the scampi was frozen, the cod coated in thick bitter batter, and only a few chips on the side.

The lady who was cooking was lovely and friendly, but the gentleman who took our order spent most of his time shouting on the phone and entertaining his friends behind the counter. Together with plenty signs on the walls saying what you can or can't do as a customer, I was left feeling like I just wanted to leave ASAP.

I appreciate plenty people seem to enjoy the food here, but I tasted proper British fish & chip and, although I could see the cod was cooked from fresh, it just wasn't done right.

• Visited April 2014