AR Roca Esmeralda & SPA Hotel
Hotel RH Ifach(Calpe)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
AR Galetamar(Calpe)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
US$200
US$140
  • Beachfront
Hotel Porto Calpe(Calpe)(Great Value!)
US$92
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Topacio 1(Calpe)
  • Pool
All reviewsopening hoursspanish holiday makersmobility scooterlovely hotelhot dishesgood sizebuffet stylepaellacalpe rockmin walkhuge balconyreception staffsea frontold townarjet2benidorm
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Good points are the location and the rooms and linen are clean...bad points are - everything else! Its a predominantly 'elderly Spanish guest' hotel and caters for them really. Our room was ok though it overlooked the car park and... I still cannot believe that they pull locked metal shutters down over the kitchen facilities (we were All Inclusive which I'll come to next) so you cannot get a teaspoon,cup or use the sink(we take our own kettle)! We had to ask Reception about the fridge, which on arrival was switched off with a soaking wet towel inside..they sent someone up to turn it on and remove the towel!
We also had to ask Reception how the restaurant/bar would know we were All Inclusive..normally (and sensibly) you get a simple wristband but no not here..they put a little red sticker on our room card which we had to carry with us and show everytime we wanted a drink or a meal..we found this stupid and embarrassing and did not see anyone else doing the same..The food was worse than poor including 'blood' and 'pork small hands' as tempting menu choices - NOT!!! The chicken was pink and under cooked and the chips...just awful...the lettuce however was fine!!
The pool area is very small and you have to look for where the sun is and hope to get a lounger.
Calpe itself is rather rundown and not what I expected at all:0( but climbing the rock Peñón de Ifach is a definite must - take proper walking shoes and lots of water..it is extremely difficult and not for the faint hearted!
Unfortunately the weather was poor too during our stay so overall an extremely disappointing holiday and we would not recommend it...and not be returning!

Room Tip: Some rooms look out to sea or have a view of the Peñón de Ifach rock. We were on the 7th floor, of 8, and it was quiet. Our room overlooked the carpark.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Hello246
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just returned very poor hotel very tired in décor needs a deep clean and redecoration, plastic plants that need replacing. The restaurant needs a overall food extremely poor, only three choices not well cooked same thing for breakfast not a lot of choice, dinner was terrible if you like fish you will be ok. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I do not know where I start ! there are many problems with them !
first of thing I came from Malaga to Calpe about 6 hours by car and I rich to the reception I did check in for apartment from the hotel ! after that, I went to the apartment it takes about 5 min walking but I didn't expect my card it doesn't work " for open my room and the door" I phoned them, they told me come back to the reception !!!! I went to the reception, they didn't show any respect or didn't say sorry for that ! another thing the air conditioner control it doesn't work and it was runs and stops by it self !!!! at night the temperature has reached 4 at 2 o'clock in the morning !!!! that mad me, I want to cray !!!
avoid this hotel !!!

Room Tip: I Would not recommend choosing this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Abdulelah S
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We booked into the Roca Esmeralda hotel for a week, the room was very small and old looking, the room had quite a bit of damaged furnshings, bathroom had an very old suite and bide, it also had a hairdrier in, lots of wear and tear. The kicten was very very limited only had a micro and fridge we had to ask for a kettle. We went self catering and they had not provide washing up equipment (and wanted to charge us 60E's to clean the fridge!!). Lounge and dining area was small and beeding seemed to have bugs as daughter woke up each day with bites. Beds were also very hard and no-one was able to sleep. Pools were not clean. Some staff were helpfull. We will not be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Tania164
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Work was being done whilst we were there. The workmen made a real mess (including the cardboard in lift) and didn't clean up after themselves. Workmen were also rude and got in the way.
Very noisy place - music from the entertainment is extremely loud and goes on till 12.30 every night. If you can't beat them, join them! In general, it helps if you speak good Spanish in this resort. If you don't speak Spanish or speak bad Spanish they won't show you any respect and can be quite surly. The positive thing about this hotel is its location: right by the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple