“Great 2 day trip”

AR Diamante Beach SPA Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Calpe
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent service from extremely friendly & efficient receptionist, very nice room and breakfast was more than sufficient , a stones throw from the beach, perfect location. We were just on a two day break, could easily have stayed in the hotel for longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen D
There are newer reviews for AR Diamante Beach SPA Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 24 February 2014

With Veranclassic-Doltcini cycling team we spend two weeks in this great hotel.
It was a VERY GOOD expirience !!! The staff was great and the food was very delicious. Thanks to them, we had a great training camp. ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Debrouwere2014
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nice hotel, friendly service at the reception as well as on the bar and in the Spa; various buffet and excellent rooms. We went there in Februari to bike with some friends. There were several biketeams that period.

Room Tip: Take the side of the mountains, on the other side you don't see the sea beause of to much buildi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank johnnyvg
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife have just spent a lovely couple of days in this modern spacious hotel just a stones throw from the beach in Calpe. From the moment we checked in til when we checked out we could not fault the service which was friendly, polite and efficient. The room was spacious and well equipped with a huge balcony giving views out onto the swimming pool and sea as well as the Penon d'Ifach rock.
Though we chose not to use the restaurant for breakfast or dinner we did make use of the fantastic spa, my wife having one of the best massages she has experienced in a hotel whilst I contented myself with a leisurely circuit of the array of facilities.
we shall certainly return to stay here next time we re in Calpe.

Room Tip: room 814 has super views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank billgerrycampello
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel itself is located some few hundred meters from the beach, however, sea views are between other hotels since they are positioned directly in front of Diamanté beach, so don't expect a clear view across the sea. Request a room overlooking the pool, otherwise you'll have a view of waste ground behind the hotel. This is a reasonable hotel, boasting three outdoor pools, sun lounging area, private parking (although plenty of spaces on the street, so no need to pay). There is no indoor pool belonging to the hotel, its a spa (located in the hotel basement level) reserved by an outsourced company and costs 20euros per visit to use the hydro pool, etc. should you wish an indoor pool, you can use their sister hotel (Esmeralda) which is located directly on the beach. Breakfast is in the usual buffet format as is lunch and dinner, however, don't expect a change in the menu since having checked the last three days its all been the same proposal; chips, potatoes, pizza, pasta, cakes, selection of cold meats, liver, pork, etc. doesn't really invite you with some Mediterranean style dishes or something beyond what you imagine an 'all-inclusive Turkish resort geared for the Russians to offer'. For a 4star hotel, I'd have expected more selection, greater variation, and especially if you're one of those families paying for an all-inclusive package, you'd want value for your money. I only took the breakfast as part of the room booking, and there are plenty of eateries nearby in the town centre which are very good. Additionally, at breakfast you'll only be allowed to sit at specific tables as some are prepared for lunch, despite all meal times being served in the same location, same tables and are setup in the same way. This was annoying when you've already decided where to sit and put your plate down, then to be told to move. Sound proofing wasn't something factored into this hotel, you can easily hear the rooms above and beside you, plus anything going on outside in the corriodor, I wouldn't choose this hotel if I had children as I'd be concerned they'd be easily woken during the late evening/early morning. All that said, staff were friendly, rooms are of a good size, clean and you're a short stroll from the beach area... Lastly, if you get the opportunity, try eating at the hotels upmarket restaurant known as 'La Scala' its pricey, but the service is exceptional and quality of food was great...

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Meerkat2006
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Good Things first: Nice hotell, nice pool aera, nice rooms, tidy and clean, nice and polite staff and nice spa treatments. Lots of old People, but it is a fancy hotel so of course you dont meet backpackers here!

We reserved two superior rooms trough viastay.com - superior to be sure to get seaview. When we arrived, they found only one room in our names, and that was not superior. After some waiting (the staff were nice and polite), we got our two rooms in the top (12th) floor, with seaview. It seems that the difference between superior and ordinary room is not that big - just some extras they add to an ordinary room souch as: - daily newspapers, a botle of cava and chocolate at arrival, coffee for the nespresso machine and shampoo etc of other type than the ordinary - and free drinks in the minibar (non alcoholic)

There was no cava, coffee or papers to see..

On day 2, I went Down to get this sorted out. The staff was understanding and promised to get this right asap. My parents room got cofee and the "exclusive" kind of shampoos, except from that - nada. The same evening I talked to another person, also she promised to bring the cava, etc. She told me only one of the rooms was marked as superior - I showed her my voucher proving that I had payd for two superior rooms. Nothing happened.

On day 3, I met another person. She promised me the same. During the afternoon we got Our coffee and shampoos, and when we came in that night after dining in the old town, the cava was waiting. The ice had melted, and it was time for bed..

No papers seen, no apologizes...

As far as I can see we god two days With ordinary rooms and two days With superior (a service that I had payd for but that I had do work hard to get...) The difference was about 60 Euros per night, and I choose this as a treat for the end of Our vacation and a gest to my parents.

In sum:

- I had to complain to Three different persons before something happened
- I had a voucher telling that we had payd for 2 superior rooms, still nothing happened
- We did NOT get what we paid for!

At checking out they also charged for drinks in minibar, so I had to tell them to put that put. They also give me free parking for 4 days - but that was all -still no apologies.

The rooms was fine and the hotel fine - but having paid lots of extra for extra treatment that we did not get did something to the Whole impression. I also wrote an email to the hotel Chain, but they haven't even answered!

Room Tip: The further up, the better. Seaview is between other buildings, you also see the pool aera. On the o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Lene-Catrin E
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel Sun 15.09.13 - Sun 22.09.13.
This is a hotel worthy of 4 star status, it has superb facilities:
(1) enormous restaurant serving breakfast and evening dinner buffet style. Drinks with evening dinner are extra cost.
(2) Fitness gym with a large range of what appears to be very high quality equipment.
(3) Spa, I cannot comment on this as I did not use it.
(4) Three outdoor swinmming pools and large poolside areas for relaxing in the shade / sunbathing.
(5) Spacious air conditioned bedroom, with a large balcony. The TV had some UK channels.
(6) Postbox in the hotel reception area, but note that there are no postbox collections on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
(7) Very nice ground floor bar and cafe area.

The hotel reception staff and restaurant staff were always very helpful.
The hotel seems to be located in a very quiet area, although there are a lot of other hotels nearby it was a nice area to stay in for a week.

The only negative comment that I have is that there was no kettle in the bedroom for tea / coffee making. There is a supermarket across the road from the hotel which I used several times whilst I was staying at this hotel (to buy things for lunches).

A coach transfer from Alicante airport to the hotel, arranged by the tour operator, via the toll motorway, was about 1 hour (with no stops on the way) on Sunday.

If staying at this hotel on holiday, I suggest that you visit Altea, Calpe old town and Alicante old town.

Room Tip: You have two choices, either a room facing the sea and overlooking the hotel swimming pools, but the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends