“Home from home, stress free holiday with "Home sitting in the sun"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cinuelica

La Cinuelica
Ranked #2 of 10 Torrevieja B&B and Inns
Shropshire
“Home from home, stress free holiday with "Home sitting in the sun"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

I booked the apartment through "Home Sitting in the Sun" and booked my flight through monarch airlines. I choose a 1st floor apartment with a balcony and private roof terrace. I went in mid September for 1 week.

From my initial contact with Home Sitting in the Sun I received a first class friendly service. I had a quick response to my emails with all my queries answered. On arrival at Murcia airport I got transfers directly to the complex. I was shown around the apartment and had demonstrations of the equipment such as how to use the air con and alarm. The representative told me about the local amenities and how to access them. I was given a business card with contact number and advised that I could contact the representative with any issues/queries/concerns. The representative lived on the complex and showed me where they were located so I could access them if I needed anything. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

The properties are privately owned so are equipped for someone to live in. The apartment I stayed in contained a cooker, Washing Machine, Iron and Ironing board, Kettle toaster, DVD player, TV, HiFi plus everything else you would anticipate to be in someone’s home. There were sun loungers for the roof terrace and patio table and chairs on the balcony. There were two bedrooms one with a double bed and one with two single beds, with ample wardrobe space. There was one bathroom and an ensuite. The apartment also had air conditioning. Towels and bed linen were provided and there was soap/shower gel, washing liquid and cleaning materials, tea towels etc.

Security at the complex was a great peace of mind especially being a female travelling alone. The perimeter of the complex is gated with key access, there were two swimming pools which had coded access and the apartment was alarmed as well as having secure locking doors at the front and rear, a safe was also in the property. The private roof terrace was a gem with sea views!

The complex is in a residential area so is very peaceful. The closest beach was about 15 min walk away with the nearest supermarket just down the road, about a 5 min walk; this had everything you would need. A few more minutes walk was a shopping centre with a petrol station, if you have hired a car. The nearest bars and restaurants were about a 10 min walk away.

There are a number of beaches to visit as well as the near by resorts. Playa Flamenca (which was about a 15 min walk) had number of sources of entertainment. A taxi to Torrevieja cost me 8 euro’s.

For me I liked the security and peaceful location, the well equipped apartment and the peace of mind knowing that there was a representative who was easily accessible friendly and willing to help make my holiday a good one. Unfortunately I chose a week when the area had storm but at least I had the TV to watch! I’ll definitely be going back!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Sparks0909

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2009

Had a great 2 weeks, really enjoyed the fact that the area we stayed in was very quiet, but you only had to walk about 20 minutes to all the main bars and restaurants in Playa Flamenca, with a load of Irish and English bars which are all open till 2am or later. The go-karts were a little expensive at 16 euro for 8 minutes but the funfair beside it was great for the younger ones and was only 10 euro for 6 rides, and each ride lasted 15 minutes. The pub The Blarney Stone was only five minutes away if you don't want to walk to the commercial centre and you can also eat in the restaurant there. Lots of shops around the area too. Had a fanastic time and will be returning again hopefully.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
sussex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

Don’t be deceived by the glossy pictures or the elegant rooms, we were and paid the price. We booked two weeks on a self catering basis. We arrived in Alicante airport picked up the hire car which we booked for two weeks and drove the 30 plus miles towards the said resort, we then had to phone the contacts on our mobile telephone to finalise directions to the site.
We were directed to a terraced house which boasted it was on a complex, we expected a reception room , bar club or something similar, there was nothing other than a swimming pool outside which was similar to the one in the picture but obviously a different site to ours , we began to think we had come to the wrong place. On arrival we found ourselves in a block of empty houses on a cold wet day with gusting winds. We went looking for a heater due to the cold and found none, we phoned the contact who did not live near us to tell them about the cold rooms and was there a heater we could use, we were told to complain to our booking reps in the UK , so we phoned UK to complain and was advised that we would receive a call from the contact in spain and were subsequently offered a heater for 25 Euros as it was not on the description of our package. Air conditioning was on the description but we didnt have that either nor was there any tea coffee facilities or pantry which was on the description also. Fuses blow when the heater is switched on if more than 3 appliances are switched on and it gives out about as much heat as a candle.
The shops were not as close as described and were not within reach of anyone old who had walking disabilities, there was no toilet rolls, no maid service for a week, you had to make your own beds, no dish clothes, washing up liquid , no soap , no cooking utensils , no more than enough hot water for two to have a shower, no microwave, no telephone no drawers to place clothes, open plan three flights of stairs so very difficult to warm up. Had to place towel on floor in front of door to stop wind blowing across tiled floors, only one tv in house which only had Spanish German and Eurosports. It was basically hotter in the hire car after a short journey , in fact it was luxury
No internet connection. Weeds in front garden, birds crap outside back door on tiles, rear view from bedroom looks on neighbours back wall, no smoking policy in building . Most of the houses are privately owned and rented out, some have been left for 2 or 3 months and are rented on a rota basis. Local beach is not 10 minutes walk, it is ten minutes drive and is not a sandy beach but a rock promenade. There is no bar or club on site and the nearest watering hole is said to be only 10 minutes walk across waste ground or isolated roads. The rooms do boast two stand up fans which were covered in dust. Towels could not be dried between days due to no heating facilities.
If you wish to dispose of any rubbish you will find a wheelie bin down the road on a street corner to throw away your rubbish.
The company who managed the area is called bridge homes international. Reports from the contact pete & zoe told us that the company are messing about with their wages so they cant help the customers contrary to their current beliefs.
We booked two weeks commencing on the 2 march 2009 till the 16 march 2009, on the 5 march only 3 days into the holiday we phoned UK to cancel our holiday and get us back to UK, this they did very promptly, we subsequently rebooked our second week to Malta and had to pay for a new holiday which we thoroughly enjoyed.
This holiday experience was a complete waste of money, time and effort, I do not recommend any person to if elderly, has young children or after a exciting holiday to even contemplate going to this so called housing estate resort unless you want to make a complaint as well.
the hire car went back a week early and despite paying additional insurance no refund is permitted

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Delboy999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrevieja
Hotel Masa International
#6 of 19 in Torrevieja
Playamarina 1 Aparthotel
Playamarina 1 Aparthotel
#1 of 2 in Cabo Roig

Been to La Cinuelica? Share your experiences!