“Hire bikes and ride along old railway track”

Las Salinas de Torrevieja
Ranked #1 of 77 things to do in Torrevieja
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We hired bikes from bike mania for a day for 9 euro and rode around the promenade and along the old railway track by the salt lakes. You have to dodge the dog poop but otherwise a great thing to do in torrevieja. The owner at bike mania is very helpful .

4  Thank Maz1da

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have a holiday rental near the salt lakes and they are great to look at it the evening due to colours that come off them in them summer nights/days.

I have many times applied the mud and floated in the salt lakes.

Would recommend it.

2  Thank Rich G
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a magnificant area , both naturevise and health vise. The climate is Perfect for everyone With arthritous or simular deceases. The vacation we had was again just amazing.

2  Thank Tor Steinar E
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Staying with friends who live in the area, we always enjoying looking at these salt lakes as we drive past and around them en route to where ever we are going. If you are lucky you might spot some of the bird wildlife that inhabit these lakes, but I like to see the sun shimmering on the water, I'm not sure I would want to go into the water like some reviewers do, but worth stopping the car and taking in the views of the lakes. Further up the coast at Santa Pola, I'm always fascinated by the mountains of salt piled up waiting to be shipped out all across Europe

2  Thank dnowland_12
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I wouldn't make a special effort to visit the salt lakes however we were staying right beside them so went and had a look, interesting for a very short while however mind the dog mess!

3  Thank Ian5680