“Great day out but expensive even online ”

Aquopolis Torrevieja
Ranked #26 of 83 things to do in Torrevieja
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aquopolis Torrevieja is located in the center of Torrevieja, in Vega Baja region, at the South of the province of Alicante. Aquopolis Torrevieja offers a wide range of attractions for both adults and children, where the fun is guaranteed. In the Water Park of Alicante will spend a refreshing holiday with over 15 attractions: Jacuzzi, Paradise, Speed, Kamicaze, Zig Zag, Zig Zag Mini, Speed Race Speed Race Mini, Rapids, Black Hole, Boomerang, Waves Beach, Blue Lagoon , Zip Line, Waterfall, Mini Park and Amazon River, classified by their degree of emotion: high, moderate and child.The little ones can enjoy our playground, Mini Park full of interactive water activities. Adults can enjoy large gardens and areas of massage: Paradise and Jacuzzi where you can relax. Do not forget to take a romantic picture and fun under the waterfall!, so you can have an unforgettable memory of the water park of Alicante.Aquopolis..
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our day. Arrived around 1145 15 mins after park opened. Plenty of room to set up 6 sunlounger in the shade by the minipark.
Clean and staff very friendly. We took our own picnic which I am pleased about.
Negative - on top of online price 24.50€ had to pay parking 3.90€ per car.

3  Thank Nettienan
in 5 reviews
"life guards"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here yesterday with family group of 7, 5 attractions out of use, no animation activities as described, I went on the red and yellow flumes as advertised here being one of the first on, went to go again for my 4th go to then have my weight questioned by a young girl (Jennifer)member of staff, told her I was 92kg, was asked to stand on a cheap set of bathroom scales which said I was over 100!, she then told meI could not go down the flume anymore, highly embarrassed I asked her name and had to proceed down the stairs. The scales should be of good quality and calibrated annually if used in respect of safety and as importantly when dealing with people in this instance, I stood on my Salter bathroom scales on returning home and yep you guessed it, still 92kg! We paid for sun loungers and snacks and drinks throughout the day so in all quite expensive bearing in mind that rides were closed and for what you could go on not worth the money we paid, a return within a week free was offered but for those who are unable to return I sympathise and understand how ripped off they feel. Would we return again, probably not, will I be complaining to the manager personally? you bet your hat, would I recommend the park, if they get their act together, be honest and professional then yes I would but would wait for reviews on here to improve to monitor progress! Came home really disappointed yesterday, what a shame.

5  Thank Macadabadoo
José Javier G, Gerente at Aquopolis Torrevieja, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Macadabadoo,

We had an unpredictable breakdown, which today is being corrected, therefore, all customers who came to the Park during the breakdown are offered the possibility of returning totally free another day with their tickets to enjoy the full Park. Related to the weight restrictions, all the measures we take are aimed at constantly improving the safety of our customers, and we can assure you that the scales we use are not cheap, anyway, we will review them for the comment you have made to us, and we ask that you give us a new opportunity and come back to check that our quality standards are much higher than indicated. Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best way to get value for money, although it is still expensive in my opinion, is two visit and get the return ticket. This allows you a second visit within a week at a much reduced price.

It is a bit unreasonable to add all the little extras on when you're already paying a premium price. Car parking fees and a locker should be included.

The speedy pass makes it very expensive but without one you can expect long queues and lots of waiting around.

2  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visiting the costa Blanca for one week. Travelled half an hour by car to get to this shambles. Had to pay to park then paid extortionate amount for my son and I to enter. Prior to going in I was told that five attractions were not operational and if I wished I could get a stamp to come back another day. This was not possible due to having other plans. I suggested that perhaps I could pay less to compensate for the lack of rides. I was told full price had to be paid but there were plenty of attractions. Undeterred my 9 year old son and I paid the fortune to get in. Only to find that due to the height restrictions and the closed attractions he could only use three slides. Three slides is the same amount as the leisure pool we have back home. What a complete and utter waste of a day as well as the money. And I echo the comments made by others regarding scales at the slides, never have I seen this before. Dear management please don't post a reply offering disingenuous oppologies and the bull re safety as all your interested in is making vast sums of money you should be ashamed of yourself. Shove your apology up your a&@£

10  Thank Gavin H
José Javier G, Director General at Aquopolis Torrevieja, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear customer, first of all apologize, as it is a fortuitous breakdown impossible to foresee, inform you, that there must have been an error in the management of your request with respect to the price of the entry, for which we beg, put in phone contact with us or through our website, so we can offer a solution to the bad experience lived yesterday. Thank you very much!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m writing this review on the 18th June, however this isn’t my first time visiting but I can assure you it will be my last.
I came out with my best friend in 2015- we were around 15 and she had started her period at the park she was in quite a state and with nothing on us we asked for some sort of sanitary towel and was refused, now the price for near enough anything is ridiculously expensive whether that’s food, goods and even entry to the park we ended up leaving. We were so excited to venture around the water park we even brought the so ‘vip’ area. 50 Euro for a sun chair in a small grass untidy area away from other regular people. Waste of money.

I returned the 14th June 2018 with my boyfriend, entry seems to be increasing for a start 26 Euro. We were in and having a great time in the wave machine pool, I found it rather annoying you’re not allowed sun glasses, I literally couldn’t open my eyes the sun is blinding! I let that one pass. I am extremely scared of heights but me and my parter went on the two biggest speed slides, unfortunately it ended in me having a trip to the medical centre. I won’t state why but it was extremely painful! The medics within the park spoke no English and whilst having to try and translate everything and fight through the agony I was not impressed. Infact no staff speak any English. we went home after the all clear and got a return pass! Great offer 7 Euro per person to return within 7 days.

Came the 18th June we went for my 17th birthday, lovely and quite very chill. Only reason it’s quite is because half the slides and main pool AND lazy river was shut. Ruined birthday ruined day waste of money. Staff are rude over priced definitely not coming back

10  Thank katrinahazel

Dear customer, we regret that your experience has not been positive, and we assure you, that all the measures we take are aimed at guaranteeing the safety of our visitors. With regard to closed attractions, it is a fortuitous breakdown, impossible to foresee, and in which we work hard to solve as soon as possible. We hope that can give us a new opportunity and visit the Park again.