“Lovely location, nice clean hotel and bar”

Allon Mediterrania Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Villajoyosa
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely location, nice clean hotel and bar”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed here in August 2013. We are a family of 3, our son who was 10 at the time was on a put me up bed (which was large for a single and comfy). A fridge was provided, which was handy to put a few beers in and sit on the balcony before we went out. The hotel is very modern. The beach is about 15 metres out the front of the hotel, nice and clean, plenty of room even for August. There is free wifi you have to get a code from reception every 24 hours. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, plenty of choice the usual hot breakfast or cereals, toasts and pancakes/omelettes which was a nice touch. The pool is small but does the job and again is spotlessly clean. The bar was reasonable and offers food, such as bagettes, pasta and salads. Nice restaurants nearby and a sports bar a couple of hundred metres away which my partner was delighted about he didn't have to miss any big matches. We visited the chocolate museum (takes a couple of hours) and well worth it. We also got the train into Benidorm which was about 20 minutes away. Lovely central location.

Room Tip: I saw a double, triple and a room for a family of four. All were very nice and modern, all have sea...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
sandraserrano, Director General at Allon Mediterrania Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you to choose our establishment to enjoy your last holidays in Villajoyosa. I am very glad that you have a comfortable stay and that our staff has done a pleasant stay.
I would like to thank you for the time you have spent to write this e mail, because for me it is very important feedback from our guests.
Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Stafford
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was in Villajoyosa on business and couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay in. Modern, high standard and bright sitting next to the sea, I only wish that I'd have been there in June not January. My room was on the 5th floor, what a view of the sea sadly my wife wasn't with me maybe next time.

This hotel was perfect for my visit and really great staff and excellent value for money. I didn't have much time to look at Villajoyosa but still found a very good restaurant in the port which again was great value for money. I think I'll be back as a tourist next time.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I spent a night at this lovely 4* hotel in between Christmas and New Year and was really impressed. The hotel is clean and modern and all the rooms have a wonderful view over the beautifully clean beach and Mediterrean Sea ... Perfect !. Not many hotels that you can lay in bed and get such a stunning view from.
The staff were great and everything was 5*
Villajoyosa is a lovely Spanish town with delightful coloured houses along the seafront. There is also the famous "Valor" chocolate factory to visit if you have the time.
We ate at the hotel in evening and the buffet meal was varied and plentiful and breakfast was excellent too .... Well done to all at Hotel Allon

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely return !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nissanessex
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a modern hotel that overlooks the Med. From our fifth floor balcony we could see far out to sea and a long way up and down the coast. It was a beautiful sight to see. The views alone make this hotel worth visiting. Our room was generally clean although we did have some slight issues with the housekeeping and were told that there was a new housekeeper on our floor. The included breakfast was great although the coffee machine did not make great coffee. The location was outstanding, right on the beach and only a block from downtown Villajoyosa. We were there 5 days and would love to go back.

Room Tip: The higher your room, the better the view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Attheedge
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in the Allon hotel for 4 nights and it was super. We were there in the Halloween season and although there war lots of festivities in the Bar are, we war never disturbed.
We had lovely weather and were able to sleep with our windows open to enjoy the sound of the sea.
The room was all we needed with a clean bathroom, a good bed and a television set with even a Dutch/Flemish channel.
Breakfast was excellent, except for the coffee from the coffee machine, which tasted a little bitter.
We didn't had lunch or dinner in the hotel, so we cannot judge that part of the service.
In general excellent service in an excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
sandraserrano, Director General at Allon Mediterrania Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Mr. Walter

Firstly I would like to thank you very much for choosing Hotel Allon Mediterrania for your last holidays

It´s a pleasure for us that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that all our services were satisfactory for you.

We appreciate your comments in Tripadvisor, it helps us to know your opinion and to improve our quality.

Looking forward to seeing you soon
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Its very, very well located! Its so close to the sea that If you stumble then will fall into the beach...
The rooms are spacious and clean and have balconies facing the sea.
Regarding Breakfast only used once, because the opening hours are a bit late (08.00).
The pool is minimal, and has very little space for sun chairs. I imagine that in high season it is almost impossible to use it.
Around the hotel are many restaurants and lets you walk relaxed on the beach. Benidorm is a 10 minute drive. For those who want a more quiet place, its the place, since even this time of year (November), Benidorm has too much noise.

Room Tip: Tip...if you have a car, expect to pay 10€/night for the parking at the hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
sandraserrano, Director General at Allon Mediterrania Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
First ly I would like to thank you very much for choosing Hotel Allon Mediterrania for your last holidays

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Aalesund, Norway
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I would recommend Hotel Allon Mediterrània. Unbeatable location in this area, right on the seafront of the Mediterranean Sea. We stayed 4 days at this hotel in late September and will certainly return.

The hotel has a welcoming entrance. Modern decorated. Friendly staff and great service everywhere. The hotel has free wifi (password from reception), but there is also a computer for guest use in the reception area. Lovely pool area, terrace and lobby bar.

We were allocated a large room on the 5th floor, with stunning views. The room was large, but I will criticize those who had worked on the decoration at the hotel. I would say that the huge room was a bit boring. The large room could have been furnished in a different way. A coffee table should have been granted. The room had parquet floor tiles in the bathroom. Minibar, safe, flat-screen TV and a hairdryer in the bathroom. And the bathroom was huge! Both shower and tub. Clean towels every day and refill of the shower gel/shampoo. On the large balcony there were two comfortable chairs, but no table.

Breakfast with good selection. Several varieties meats (also Spanish ham), different cheeses, jams (including dia ), eggs in many varieties, sausages, beans, yogurts, fruits and vegetables. Many varieties of coffee from the machine and hot water for tea. The juice machine had 6 different types of juice. This was not artificial juice bursting E-number. I will also recommend lunch at Terraza Allon. Good selection and low prices.

It is about 35 min (45 km ) by car from Alicante airport to Hotel Allon in Villajoyosa. The hotel can assist you with booking taxi on arrival and departure. Close to Benidorm (12 km) and the beautiful town Altea (20 km).

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villajoyosa
Servigroup Montiboli
#1 of 1 in Mutxamel
HOTEL SH IFACH
HOTEL SH IFACH
#5 of 31 in Calpe

Been to Allon Mediterrania Hotel? Share your experiences!