“1st Class Hotel in a stunning setting.....”

Servigroup Montiboli
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Villajoyosa
Murcia, Spain
“1st Class Hotel in a stunning setting.....”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with the most awesome views........
Friendly staff, great service, well signposted and in a great location. We stayed in a suite which was perfect. It's a quiet, relaxing and romantic hotel with a mixture of couples - classy, and no noisy kids around ! We didn't get time to sample all of the facilities but the view from the pool was amazing. The gardens are superb and well designed. We felt that the drinks were a bit pricey but that wouldn't put us off of returning. Everything you could wish for at breakfast also.We will be back - and for longer next time. Thank you - Montiboli.

Room Tip: The junior suites have the most amazing view......
1 Thank shona896

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hebrew first
Great Britain - Oxford
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Congratulations Hotel Montiboli your the best.
We have just returned from the most relaxing and perfect 4 day break at this amazing hotel.
Have to admit that I have been coming here for over 20 years and I love it.
Take it from me you will love it.
Just a dream. My wife and I had our wedding hear 4 years ago and I see from the reviews and the couple planning their wedding at the hotel during our stay its now a popular destination.
This is a wise move as my wife and I can endorse 100%
The food is to die for and the wines & bar prices are fair.
Note this is a chic and special hotel that attracts a unique mix of classy couples of all ages.
Serious chill out romantic old school hotel, if this sounds boring yes your right it's not for you so stay away and leave it for those who adore peace tranquility romantic evenings with absolutely magical views of the ocean at sunset . This is the hotel to propose then plan the wedding at and return for anniversary holidays for the rest of your days.
Oh, plus fabulous spar with treatment rooms and pool or separate gym and 2 more stunning pools and small beach area private access to all.
I am about to book a short stay in september as I'm missing it already.
It goes without saying the Montiboli Hotel staff are just wonderful and service is faultless.
Also good to know that a hotel like this attracts a better class of guest. My wife and I often liken it to an mix of Agatha Christie Poirot, Jacques Tati and The Love Boat!
And if you don't understand best you book elsewhere!
Other points
Breakfast splendid
Free WiFi even worked by pools and beach!
But don't play music loud or treat the hotel like an office or I will toss you device in the sea.
Peace & Tranquility prevails at this hotel.
Fab cocktails in romantic bar or terrace.
I would suggest a car rental as this hotel is remote and not much to do nearby.
Great for 3 or 4 days half or full board basis superb value.
Can't see why people say this hotel is expensive? its not. Again if you think that it's not for you.
Enjoy your stay.
See you in September.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view it's worth it. You will realise at sunrise & sunset. Camera at the ready.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was a beautiful hotel situated on top of mountain located next to the deep blue Mediterranean Ocean. We stayed at the hotel for a friends wedding that would be located on the beach below the hotel. The staff provided excellent service and breakfast was amazing each morning. The views are the best I have ever witness from a hotel, this was truly an amazing stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

a first class hotel in a stunning location . We spent 2 nights here and staff were friendly and helpful and nearly all spoke english . We had a suite and it was one of the largest rooms we have stayed in with amazing views of the Mediterranean and gardens . Quality hotel with quality people staying there . Well done

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel is superb and stands up to its 5 star reputation. I will start with my one criticism, which would influence my decision to return. The rooms are very badly sound proofed, every cough, shower, loo flush, phone conversation etc is audible and that really is my pet hate.

The hotel location is wonderful away from the madding crowd, with spectacular views. The pool area is small, maybe a little cosy, but very relaxing. Not a lot of shade.

There are lifts to go down to various levels, pool, spa, sea. Or loads of steps, I think someone counted 50!! With a nudist beach to the left and a family beach on the right.

To me the restaurant was a gastronomic delight and having gone to a wedding there, the food was just as good whether catering for 2 or 200. An absolute delight.

I would recommend this hotel highly a beautiful place in a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: 209 is huge, with a huge balcony and lovely views
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrsASuffolk
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had our wedding celebration at the Montiboli and it was just fantastic. The service was excellent and food was exactly how we had requested it after our menu tasting. It seemed like they really cared about our feedback and that was really nice as its not cheap. We had a lot of Spanish guests as well as English guests so the food and wine had to be perfect!! :) Estefania Noguera was extremely helpful in helping me to arrange the details of the wedding, which as you can imagine is a bit stressful when you are in England and trying to arrange a wedding in Spain via email! We had a complimentary room over looking the Med and it was beautiful (room 27), modern decor and really comfortable. The next day I had 2 treatments in the Spa and the lady was lovely. I'd recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and we would have never have had the same quality of wedding in England without at least double the price. Thanks so much!

campello
Reviewed 14 June 2013

A previous report I wrote re cafeteria style food,is thankfully in the past.A recent tentative visit to the restaurant confirmed that fine dining is back.expect to pay around 36Euro P/P without wine.The view is amazing,and with an extended dining area,the restaurant would have to be very busy for diners not to have a table with spectacular views.Curiously dining is from 8.30 to10.30, which may not suit Spanish diners,but suits British preference to eat.It did seem to be mainly used by U.k diners when we were there.Incidentally,my husband believes that the steak served is unrivalled anywhere!Good to see Silvestre ,the Maitre'd again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villajoyosa
Hotel SH Villa Gadea
Allon Mediterrania Hotel
Allon Mediterrania Hotel
#2 of 5 in Villajoyosa
Asia Gardens Hotel & Thai Spa, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Gran Hotel Sol y Mar
Hotel Bonalba Alicante
Pueblo Acantilado Suites

Been to Servigroup Montiboli? Share your experiences!