“Delicious Spanish food and great atmosphere!”
Review of San Pere - CLOSED

San Pere
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sister Restaurant to Restaurant Casa Elordi, Villajoyosa, see above URL for listing on official website of the city of Villajoyosa
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This little restaurant had a fantastic buzz and was very animated and truly represented the Spanish culture. The calamari was very tasty and the fresh hot bread with alioli was even more delicious. Also great to eat by the seafront, perfect combination!

2  Thank Kate S

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Beautiful location in the Old Town overlooking the sea at Vilajoyosa. Excellent VFM dinner € 11.50 pp incl. wine with an option to upgrade your choices for another € 5. Would highly recommend the cream spinach. Will return again on next visit to Vilajoyosa.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We've had excellent food and a good time with attentive service and good wines. A nice and clean place which we're gonna attend again.

1  Thank Amadeus777
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This restaurant was really excelent from all perspectives.
* Location is great: just in front of the beach. You can see and even feel sand and the ocean close to you.
* Food quality: great. Fresh, tasty, well served.
*Alternatives: it has dinner menues and child menu. And the flexibity to change sth in the child menu to suit children wishes.
* Price: excellent value that we have received with the menues.
* Service: like being at home.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Quite why it's so much better to eat in La Vila Joiosa than in Campello I can't say. But it is. We went there on spec today as we wanted to try the 'sister' restaurant of Elordi (a rather more upmarket place some way from the sea front). The menu looked promising and we could have chosen from a broad range of tapas and paellas. Instead we went for the 11.50 euro three-course menu. While we waited for our food to come we munched good olives and glugged our (included-in-the-price) individual carafes of red vino.

My husband's starter of lentils cooked with chorizo was what my mum would call 'nourishing'. Certainly it was just the job on a coolish day. My creamed spinach too was excellent, rich with cream, delicately flavoured with nutmeg and grilled to a piping hot crustiness. The fresh bread (crusty, still warm) was essential for mopping dishes.

My husband decided to push the boat out (well, we were beside the sea) and upgraded his menu (by 5 euros) so he could have the pork fillet with (he thought bottled) roquefort sauce. It came with sautéed potatoes and a mixture of veggies. I had the mackerel, which they had thoughtfully filleted. It was a little oily, but that was probably only to be expected as it had been fried with garlic and parsley; I got rice with my veg. A passing cat was somewhat disappointed by the lack of leftovers, but I generously gave him a tiny taste of my fish which he seemed to enjoy almost as much as I did.

Desserts were pretty straightforward; my husband's was sliced oranges with chocolate sauce and mine was crema catalana (which was in fact more reminiscent of that gloopy fresh custard sauce you used to be able to buy in cartons in M&S, though sprinkled with cinnamon, which made it oddly delicious.)

Coffees were extra. But they were the perfect way to end what was really a very good meal. Definitely a place to return to.

6  Thank Jenny D