“Food to die for!”

Valencia, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food to die for!”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My husband and I went to this great Valencian restaurant. The food was excellent and the flavour was amazing. We had a nicely cooked fish and, some "jamon iberico" and Valencian Paella. Portions were quite big. They also offer excellent varities of wines. The staff were great. We really enjoyed the food at the place and the service was very good. I strogly recommend it: good country-style cooking, friendly and efficient service, combined with moderate pricing and genuine value. Should not be missed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Amy P

• Polish first
Scotland
“Worst restaurant ever!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The waiter took our order and off he trotted (not written down - all in his head) and we waited on our food. When it arrived I thought this doesn't look what I imagined it to be - where was my sirloin, mushrooms and foie? I ate some of the vegetables. My husband had ordered duck which was as tough as old boots. I then asked the waiter what I was eating and he pointed to the menu and it was a totally different thing I had ordered altogether!! They then tried to give me what I originally ordered but by then it was too late. After seeing my husband sawing his duck to try and cut it, I thought no way was I having anything to eat in this place. We paid for the duck and jug of sangria and left -never to return. There are so many better restaurants in Vallencia than this one.

• Visited August 2012
West Yorkshire
“Paella autentica”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We had lunch there with our 12 year old grandson and all very much enjoyed the rice dish of the day which was an excellent paella (rabbit, no shell/fish). Very good value at 35 euros which included a bottle of water and a glass of wine for grandpa. Other customers were mainly local business people. Service slow and humourless - but Spain is sometimes like this.

belfast
“Very average”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

There was a meal deal on and we thought, lets try it. This was not a good idea as the food was very bland. The portion size was good but lacked flavour and the staff, although attentive, not dressed with smiles. There are a lot of good restaurants in valencia, this is not one of them.

London, United Kingdom
“Average food, but one of a few restaurants open early”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Average food, which was to be expected, given the location on the Plaza de La Reina.

We were heading to an early evening concert, and as always in Spain there are few options for eating at 6pm – only the restaurants catering to the tourist fare tend to be open.

Still, this was a welcome recharge to the batteries after a long day sightseeing and a busy evening ahead. A few vegetarian options - nothing mind-blowing, but nothing to complain about.