“Excellent”

Ranked #4 of 99 Hotels in Valencia
Valencia
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great comfortable hostel in fabulous location. Ask for a high floor to keep out traffic news and request a balcony for fab views. Room 7d has a particularly great balcony. Also able to leave luggage on day travelling home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Alison D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was booked due to its location in the 'old town' and proximity to Plaza de la Reina. Check in was prompt, courteous with the staff all being extremely helpful and English speaking. An abundance of eating and drinking establishments in close proximity meant there was never a shortage of choice. with drinks available anywhere between 1 and 5 euros a beer.

The room allocated wasnt spectacular, it was an 'internal' room with seemingly little natural light, the fact we were in Valencia for a football match in reality meant we were not that bothered in this instance, in differing circumstances I would probably have looked to change rooms.

As a base to sight see and explore its a budget accommodation with better than budget facilities available. I would use this accommodation again.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 'internal' rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We found out about this place from our taxi driver. First, it is in a Great central location, great prices, clean room that also had a mini balcony. Wow! They also have lockers for your luggage incase you had to leave it there. Not even the Hilton has that! Stay here. This place gives a great new meaning to hostels.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RoxyD141
Malta
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent hotel. Central and accommodates for one's needs. The staff are extremely helpful and speak English which unfortunately was necessary since the locals do not speak English. The hotel is close to the train and underground station, in fact you can reach it in a few minutes by foot. All the Valencian attractions are close by. The only fact that I did not like was that during our stay we were charged daily with different rates according to the availability of the hotel, unfortunately we were not advised beforehand with this system.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smic2013
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed in Hostal Venecia for four nights. I had a booking for the smallest room type (basic room). This was perfect for me; as I was walking around in the city all day, I only needed a (clean) place to sleep, a bathroom and some breakfast in the morning. There was also air conditioning in my room.

The location was great! Everything I wanted to see in Valencia was within walking distance from the hotel. Also, public transit is very close by, which is handy when you want to visit the beach which is a bit further away.

The staff was friendly and very helpful, and also spoke English quite well.

Actually, there was only one thing I didn't like in this hotel: the soundproofing. At night, I could hear people walking by with their trolley bags. I had some earplugs with me, and I definitely needed them to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Maella, Spain
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 2 kids aged 14 and 8. The room was really bit, with a good, clean well equipped bathroom. We live in Aragon, Spain, so drove down to Valencia. We had no problems finding the hotel, or unloading our cases before we went to the car park, which is about a 5 minute walk.
The central location meant we only used our car to get to the Valencia museum, which is well worth a visit. Other than that, the cathedral and central market were easily walk able, even for our 2 non walkers! I would recommend a visit to all these, especially the central market, just for the architecture, and to see many different types of food being sold! Our kids were intrigued to see what sepia (cuttlefish) actually looks like, before it's turned into tapas!
The staff were very tolerant of our kids, and were quite happy to grass them up to us!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank redmum64
Lucknow, India
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We arrived in Valencia at 4 a.m., after a night train travel from Granada. (I really like the name given to these trains, they call them trenhotel). The website promised early check in in cse of direct bookings and I had requested for one for obvious reason. But in my dreams I had not imagined that a hotel will give early check in at 4 am without charging for it.
On reaching the hotel, the reception staff gave me the room without mention of any extra charge. The room was decent size and had attached bath. I wonder what is the criterion of calling it a Hostal not hotel.
Location is very central and close to station, we walked down from station and walked back to board our onward train. Mercado ( Central Market ) is also walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple