“Very good meal”
Review of La Salvaora

La Salvaora
Reserve with
La Salvaora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 3,717 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place is a little off the beaten track but well worth searching out: service is good, the food's excellent (I had the ox tail) , and it's not too expensive.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I found this restaurant rather by accident. However, I was so delighted that I found this restaurant.

When looking at the menu, I was keen to try the degustation menu but my wife was very keen to try something with seaweed. This, however, meant that we couldn't take the degustation menu as this could only be served if the whole table would take it. However, the waiter was so friendly to suggest to offer the seaweed salad in between the degustation menu as an additional dish. When receiving the bill, we noted that they didn't even charge us anything for this.

The dishes itself were extremely good. The degustation menu consists of 7 dishes. All had a good cuisson, and the ingredient themselves were central in the dishes and fitted the other ingredients on the plate.

I consider this as one of the best meals I ever had. Taking into account that a similar meal normally cost me over 100 euro a person, I must say that the 22 euro they asked made this the best price quality meal I ever had. I even fell ashamed that I had no additional money with me to pay some tips for the quality of the meal and the service. But this makes that I have to return one day to make up for this...

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I usually study and plan my meals when i travel, but this night i was at a conference reception and left with a colleague to have dinner. We wanted to avoid more touristic establishments on the main squares and streets of the old town, and came across this restaurant on a small alley. From the outside it looked very inviting, but the restaurant was fairly empty at 9:30pm with only three of the approximately 10-15 tables occupied so I was suspicious. The menu looked very nice and the set menu was only Euro 22 for a five course meal -- again raising some suspicion given the attractive, upscale dining room.

We chose the set menu that included smoked sardines in a fresh tomato concasse, salt cod fritters, fresh tuna on a bed of sauteed peppers and crispy almonds, braised beef cheek on mashed potatoes, and a Bailey's Irish Creme mouse for desert. The first course came along and we were presented with two cans of sardines -- actually the cans were for presentation only and the sardines were freshly smoked on orange wood, deliciously lean and maybe my favorite. The salt cod fritters were like clouds of deliciousness cleverly presented in a small wooden box, the tuna provided a nice contrast to the earlier fish dishes, and the beef cheek was tender enough that you did not need a knife. The only disappointment was the dessert and did not at all meet the standards of the earlier courses, but given the price of the meal and the quality I am still giving the restaurant 5*.

The service was excellent and we asked the waiter for a wine recommendation and he recommended a very nice Tinto de Toro for Euro 18. All in all excellent and worth finding!

1  Thank sirtravel
Jaime R, Gerente at La Salvaora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your words, customers like you help us to improve our work.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is absolutely lovely, decor minimal, cool, warm and inviting. It was the perfect place for me and my fiancé to celebrate our anniversary. It was the BEST choice. From start to finish an amazing experience with service second to none! It's a small place in a side street, and probably one of Valencia's best kept secrets? But I'm spreading the word! We had the tasting menu everything was perfect, interesting, incredibly fresh and well cooked, also presentation was fun and cool. We had a bottle of delicious wine (Spain does wine very well!). We felt totally spoilt for the whole time we were there, food just delicious! Atmosphere relaxed and our waiters were passionate about their cuisine and restaurant - we love that a it makes the experience all the better. I recommend this place if you want a nice relaxed dinner, it's not flash, just lovely - do yourself a favour and eat here. I will never forget that meal, special occasion or no, just lovely, can't wait for our next trip to Valencia! Well done to all the staff, and owners, for a lovely time, our special evening was even more special and we will definitely make this one of our 'go to' eateries when we return to Valencia (soon I hope).

Jaime R, Gerente at La Salvaora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your words, customers like you help us to improve our work.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The restaurant is set in a quiet hidden away part of town.It has a lovely atmosphere and the service is excellent.One has to book as it is so full that they had to turn away loads of customers even on a Monday night.The owner Blanco recommended the tasting menu to us,there were a couple of courses that did not suit our tastes ,he was so accommodating to our requests and immediately changed the menu to suit us.It was extremely good and beautifully presented.I highly recommend this restaurant but do remember to book otherwise you will be disappointed .