“Alternative veggie food”

Price range: US$20 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Carme
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is situation just inside the El Carmen (old district) of Valencia city. It had become so popular over the years that it may be advisable to make a booking in advance, but sometimes it is okay just to turn up. They usually have two booking slots 9.30pm or 11pm. However, if just turning up and hoping for the best, anytime after 9.30pm will do. They also open during lunch hours on some days. I have been here a few times and I found all of the dishes to be very tasty, a refreshing change from the boring 'lazy' foods so offered to vegetarians elsewhere like pasta, pizza, omelettes, or a basic salad. My favourite dishes are the seaweed salad, which can be got as a main or a starter, and the moussaka, which is the best I've ever had. Should you want a wine too, I would recommend the organic wine. Gorgeous with the selection of foods. Only problem I would have here is that I think it is cheeky of them to charge for the bread which is a must when you are ordering a spread, so should be part of the price. Other than that a lovely place to eat out for veggies (and non-veggies). By the way, this is Europe, not the USA. Tips are not expected in European places as is the unfortunate case in the USA.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

A great relaxing place to have a meal. The food is delicious and the staff helpful and friendly. Good value for money as well.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

vegans can eat well here. A stylish place with friendly good service. The guacamole was excellent. The potatoes were also delicious.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

After travelling for 2 weeks around spain with a group of 4 this was a refreshing change from meat and seafood.
Veggie dishes are scares in Spain and one of the girls found herself eating bread, potatoe and cheese daily.
The food here was amazing and fresh full of flavour and a varied menu.
We shared some veggie Courgettes, which were so yum, then mushrooms that I wished I could have more of! Delicious!!
We again shared a tofu salad and the moussaka for mains and we were not disappointed. Both bursting with flavour and the salad was fresh and tasty.
Even if your not vegeterian I highly recommend this Resturant. Yummo!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I am a meat-eater but I loved the vegetarian cuisine at this restaurant which I found while exploring Valencia on foot. The three-course lunch I had consisted of a Mediterranean salad, a fusilli pasta main course and a piece of chocolate cake for dessert. All three courses were tasty, well-presented and culminated to make an excellent experience - all for €11.50. What a great deal. By comparison, I sought out one of the top five restaurants in Valencia for dinner tonight and given the chance, I would rather have eaten at la Tasta Olletes again. This place deserves a much higher rating on TripAdvisor, IMHO.