“Nice Quiet hotel”
Review of SH Valencia Palace

SH Valencia Palace
Ranked #33 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we stayed 3 nights at this very nice hotel which had everything you needed, although I wish that there were tea /coffee in the room for that fist cup of the day (I know it's an English thing)
the room was large very clean and comfortable as was the bathroom, we would stay here again
and recommend it to others.
it's a 15 -20 min stroll to the old town but the taxis aren't that expensive so when its 32 degrees outside grab a taxi.
the only down side was that we could not find many bars or places to eat close to the hotel so you would have to eat at the hotel or go looking on foot for a while , the hotel had a very nice terrace by the pool where food & drinks were served, one of the best Gin & tonic's I've had in a long time.

Thanks to all at the Valencia Palace for making the weekend special look forward to next time.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the front overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
shhoteles, Quality Department at SH Valencia Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for having chosen the SH Valencia Palace Hotel for your stay in Valencia We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and greatly appreciate your comments, this encourage us to improve every day. Sincerely

Reviewed 27 June 2014

we picked this hotel primarily as it was the closest to centre with a pool.
Probably not quite a 5*, but really nice hotel.
We opted for breakfast buffet which was plentiful, hot and varied
Pool is on the roof, not huge and the usual huge lack of sun beds (there were 9... for a whole hotel, seems bizarre) but was never too crowded when we were there.
10 min walk to old town and to science /museum area in opposite direction.
Room was big, excellent shower, robes, mini bar etc - crap hairdryer and no tea/coffee facilities.
Windows not entirely soundproofed, but not a major problem. free wifi in hotel
a definite safe bet for a decent, convenient hotel close to Valencia centre

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
shhoteles, Quality Department at SH Valencia Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest:
First of all, I would like to thank you most sincerely for your comments and for having taken some of your valuable time in writing to us.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The last 5* hotel we booked with British Airways (Lisbon) was so fabulous we had high expectations of this one. There is very little that is wrong but equally, nothing to excite. I expect 5* hotels to delight and wrap you in comfort making it hard for you to leave but this one is flat.
There is only one bar in the lobby and that has no comfy seating, more like a cafe in fact. The world cup was constantly on and in some cases noisy people came off the street to cheer their team.
The rest of the huge lobby simply does not work as a place of relaxation and the there is nowhere for residents interact if they want to.
Bed Rooms are spacious and the air conditioning is just about perfect, but for us the bed was too hard. The restaurant serves excellent food and if you take the set menu it is not too expensive.
The pool is a let down. It is on the 6th floor but the area is small and there is no connection with the rest of the hotel, no bar or access to catering.
See it as a great location with good staff but do not expect luxury.

Room Tip: Book a high room at the front of the hotel where the views are excellent.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing Hotel SH Valencia Palace during his stay in Valencia and we sincerely appreciate your comments about our services.
We are looking forward to see you again and thank you for write your opinion in Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

NIce rooms, good location, safe and clean. Few restaurants close by. If you are an American, be aware that there is no food available from about 5:00 until 8:30. p.m. The bar is fine, with sandwiches and such available during the day. The front desk staff are really great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
shhoteles, Quality Department at SH Valencia Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kindly words . We will hope to forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location and very central. Rooftop bar is nice - not a great view but good service. The front desk is a bit of a disaster. When I checked in I told the guy I had two bookings, first paid for by my employer and second an add on by me for the weekend. He told me to come back Friday to reconfirm my booking which I did. On Friday He looked at me and asked why was I back at the front desk! I told him because he told me to, he then asked if I wanted to book another room? All confusing and I raised my voice and he said it's all okay and I went back to my room. Later I went down to the front desk and a Swedish woman was having the same conversation and they made such a drama over her check in because she didn't raise her voice.

Breakfast is okay. Fried Eggs are deep fried and very greasy but staff are friendly!

Rooftop pool looks better in the pictures.

Rooms are big and very quiet

Beds very comfy and that's why I gave them 4*, I slept sooooo well. Some issues were confusing because of Spanglish but for a 5 star staff need more training to make it feel 5 star. I thought the place was 3 to 4!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Customer
Thank you for choosing Hotel SH Valencia Palace during his stay in Valencia .We appreciate your comments because helping us to keep improving day by day, with the sole purpose of satisfying our Guests. We will hope to forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is ideally located opposite the old river bed and only a ten minute walk from the old town. On arrival the receptionist provided us with a map and informed us of all the best places to go and gave us some good advice re eating out at lest touristy places. She also told us you could catch the bus to the beach behind the hotel, which we did one day and was well worth the visit. We used the rooftop pool, it was a nice day so people were coming up to the pool only to find there were no sunbeds left so they left again - perhaps the hotel should consider getting a couple more as there was space. Thats the only negative though, the roof top bar was very nice and I also used the gym. The room was very clean and spacious and comfortable. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a double bed and nice view but they were fully booked so couldnt have both. The front o...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel SH Valencia Palace during his stay in Valencia .We sincerely appreciate your comments because helping us to keep improving day by day, with the sole purpose of satisfying our Guests.
We are looking forward to see you again with us.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent a long time at this hotel 19 years ago and loved it. I was glad to discover that in all this time the standards of this hotel has remained the same. Fantastic service, nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are clean comfortable and modern.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kindly words. We are looking forward to see you again with us.