“A great spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Baldo
Ranked #1,341 of 3,395 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Sant Francesc
Description: Cerveceria, restaurante, arroceria y barra de tapas en el centro de Valencia.Cocina de mercado. Al mas puro estilo tradicional.En Baldo te ofrecemos las tapas y los platos de siempre en el mismo centro de la ciudad.Un espacio con varios lugares donde descubrir la vitalidad y el ajetreo de una cerveceria de las de siempre.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“A great spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Had breakfast here each morning and dinner once. Good atmosphere. Always busy. Noticed the Valencia police used it for their morning breaks. The waitress there was great with us. Remembered us each day and made it more special. The evening waiter also remembered our favourite drink.

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Europe
“Mediocre food and sub-standard service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I ate here impromptu and did not read any past reviews here. The location means that it's a tourists catchment area. Hence, the food as well as service is rather forgetful. You'll won't be wrong eating somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank LittleGulliver
“Appalling Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I've never felt I needed to give a restaurant a "terrible" rating before but my experience at Baldo was awful. The service was arrogant, rude and unhelpful. After waiting 20 minutes for a menu, having asked 3 times, the waitress told me that she was too busy to take my order. When I asked her colleague, who was doing nothing, to take my order he told me it wasn't his table. It took a further 25 minutes to get my tapas once I was finally allowed to order. The staff seem to think the customers are there to wait for them, but frankly, with the state of the Spanish economy, no restaurant can afford staff like these!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Corkalan
Tonbridge
“Arrogant!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have just eaten at Baldo and have felt the need to warn fellow diners away from using this establishment. From the moment my wife and I sat down we were made to feel like we were a nuisance. We sat at a nice comfortable table inside the restaurant only to be moved because 2 of us were sitting at a table for 5!

We were moved to an outside table which really wasn't ideal but we were hungry. The waitress was really surly and took an age to take our order. When it arrived she slammed the plates down aggressively and walked off. We wanted another drink before we retired to our hotel for the night but the waitress and manager ignored us so we paid (no tip) and left.

Do not use this so called restaurant as the service is the worst I've ever experienced.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Keith N
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“OK if you sit outside on a sunny day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Good location and great for people watching on a busy street. However, the food is average quality and the service can be a bit hit or miss. There are better and worse places to eat but if you are in the sun drinking a cold beer it is fine.

Visited April 2013