Albergue Juvenil y Colegio Mayor Galileo Galilei
Ranked #27 of 175 Speciality Lodging in Valencia
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Decent stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

A decent and stay place to stay, with breakfast, lunch and diner. The room is cleaned everyday and the reception is open 24/7. There are a few coffee shops and little shops downstairs. You can use the fitness room and tv room. So a great stay, but the quality of the bed isn't good and it is very noisy. I must say that they offer complimentary ear plugs.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michielvv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Cheap and easy to get around. Tram right outside door. Big room, cheap and filling breakfast, gym, a/c and wifi. Couldn't ask for better. Staff a bit overworked but otherwise friendly and efficient. I loved this place!

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This hostel is very far from the center and there are no bus at night, you have to take a taxi.
I lived in Spain and I speak Spanish so I don't have problems to understand. The receptionists didn't treat people well and I saw that the people bad treated were the foreigners who doesn't speak Spanish and came here to learn Spanish!!! imagine which kind of welcome that poor boys and girls had from all the receptionists. When I had to go out at night and I asked where we are on the map and the number of the taxi the receptionist said he doesn't know and he started to laugh!! Fortunately the public transport stops at midnight I think and outside people is very kind, so you ask and they help you. The big problem is that in august that part of the city is without shops opened and without public transport at night, but I was lucky that I found two other girls that came back with me by taxi because the receptionistss didn't even gave me a map!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Valencia hotels

padova, italy
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We travelled with our 4 and 2 year old sons.We stayed at the Colegio because my cousin lives there. I was a little worried by the reviews,but I was pleasantly surprised! Our room was huge (3 beds,a desk+bookshelves,very large bathroom with tub)and spotless clean. They gave us their only crib when we asked,and it was in excellent conditions. The Colegio is in a college district,but there is a tram stop in front of it,with frequent connections to the city center. As for the cons,the staff at the reception had difficulty with English.Breakfast is not included(you can pay extra to gain access to the canteen),but there are some cafes on the basement. Undortunately,they are closed during weekends!! Lastly,I read reviews complaining about noise. The rooms are indeed poorly isolated acustically. However, this is a problem only during weekdays, the Colegio is half empty during weekends.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank isabelarcher80
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I booked this accommodation through a website that advertised this accommmodation as a hotel but in actual fact this accommodation should be advertised as student accommodation in order to give visitors a good idea of what to expect!
I think that this accommodation was in a perfect location providing both easy access to the beaches and the city centre with a tram stop directly oppositte. It was also in easy walking distance of restaurants if one decided to dine out. The accommodation had a more than satisfactory student style restaurant downstairs where we had two well priced breakfasts and a good evening meal. All the reception staff were very pleasant and helpful which I found to be the best thing about this place.
The rooms were clean, spacious and sufficient with lots and lots of storage or cupboard space.
Up to now I would rate this place 5/5 but then the big issue I had was unfortunately the intolerable noise. Firstly as a person who appreciates a peaceful nights sleep the noise factor is always one of my utmost concerns when visiting a destination. If I had known that this was student accommodation then I would never have booked it. We had a party going on until 5am in the morning on our floor and when I complained at 02:30 I was politely told that this was in actual fact accommodation for students and there was not anything they could do about the noise. I felt that this was a fair comment and understood and accepted this but was more angry at the fact that I booked this place under the impression that it was a proper hotel. I read the word hotel no less than eight times and the word residence on one occasion when making the booking.
We planned to leave for another hotel after the first night but because we were only there for a weekend this would have ruined the little time we had left as we already had to sleep later than usual as we only fell asleep after 5am.
The reception said we could choose another room but after viewing the other rooms we realised that this would not neccessarily solve the problem as the whole building was full of students having a good time and decided to remain in the same room.
The second night was a lot better but still very noisy. When one is visiting for a limited time like in our case - two nights and days, then it is important to get a good nights sleep to make the most of your remaining day/s.
As mentioned before I felt everything else was very good but the noise was just incredible and I would not reccomend unless you yourself are noisy and like to party or are just totally unaffected by rowdy students making a noise all night long!
No offence to the student because this is what they do and I don't see anything wrong with it. My problem is that this place should have been advertised as a hostel or student accommodation that also caters for other guests. If this were the case then I would never have booked it (also due to another recent noisy place I stayed at) and would not be writing this negative report.
It was my mistake not to read reviews on this place before booking it as I did find quite a lot of complaints about the noise after checking out the reviews afterwards.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Genises
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2011

It is a hotel linked to the Universidad de Valencia. It is primarily a residence for students, but there are also rooms available for guests like us. The room and bathroom were modern, clean and spacious; a nice desk for working, free internet, 5 euros for the parking garage. Friendly staff. It is not far from the city center and we were told that public transportation was available just in front of the hotel.
Despite the fact that the place was full of students, we could sleep very well.
They have a cafeteria on the premises, charging 8 euros/person for dinner ( good variety for the money) and 3.50 euros/person for the breakfast. We just spent one night and we left very early, so we didn't take the breakfast.
It an affordable place that offers very good accommodations.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple