We booked this hotel on the basis of the reviews here and got the best rate for it on yeego.com. Staff and service were good. Room was spacious (as described by others), quiet and clean with a super king-size bed. Housekeeping staff cleaned the room every day. Once, when we had hung the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door handle for most of the morning and afternoon, they actually came and cleaned the room after 9 p.m., after we had gone out for dinner! I was impressed! Housekeeping staff did have one quirky trait, though...they almost always forgot to top-up something or other in the room, almost as if they were topping up perishables based on memory instead of on a checklist. However, they were prompt to rectify their oversight when we called them for the said item/s and they always had a smile for us.
The free minibar was a great bonus! Our minibar had 2 mineral water bottles, 2 packets of fruit juice, 2 bottles of Pepsi, 1 bottle of beer without alcohol (the quirky trait of housekeeping evident here), 2 sachets of coffee and 2 sachets of chamomile tea. The room also had an electric kettle and an in-room safe. We had some problems with operating the safe but later found out that the instructions to the safe were in the hotel folder on the table. Basically, you hold the door shut, key in a 6-digit code and press 'lock'. To open, key in the same 6-digit code and it will swing open.
The bathroom had a hair dryer and a shaving mirror. Shampoo and bath gel were provided. The bathtub was a little dirty near the corners of the wall and the glass shower partition didn't work well. If you sprayed water directly onto the glass, it would inadvertently leak out and wet the bathroom. We had to ask for extra bath mats to soak up the water.
The hotel's location is good. It is an easy 15-minute walk to Xátiva metro station or alternatively, you can take Bus 8 to Plaça de l'Ajuntament. You can catch the bus from the bus-stop on Avinguda Ausias March. As you come out of the hotel, go left immediately and cross the road. In front is the Wok Beijing Restaurant (see review). Facing the restaurant, go right and at the corner, turn left and continue walking a little more. The bus-stop is on the same side. It is a 20-minute bus ride to Plaça de l'Ajuntament.
The City of Arts and Sciences can be reached by foot or by bus. By foot it takes around 25 - 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can take Bus 95. As you exit the hotel's main door, go left and cross the road and you will see Wok Beijing. Go left again and keep walking along Avinguda Peris i Valero until you come to a bus-stop with Bus 95.
The hotel is also within walking distance to a few restaurants. There is a Telepizza in front of the hotel and opposite the busy junction and 2 Asian buffet restaurants on either side of the hotel - Wok Fu Li Tu Restaurant and Wok Beijing Restaurant (see reviews for both). The food in both restaurants is good and the price reasonable (€8 - €11.95/person). Telepizza offers a delivery service direct to the hotel and there is a Telepizza menu in each room. If you fancy pizza and are too tired to leave the room, just place the order with the hotel staff.
Overall, we had a really comfortable stay at this hotel and would recommend it to fellow travellers who want an affordable but reliable hotel in a good location. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Valencia!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Senator Parque Central Hotel is a 4-star hotel located next to the Old Town of Valencia. Conceived as a tourism and business hotel, it has all the commodities to enjoy a pleasant stay in the city, as well as complete facilities that include meeting rooms and a restaurant where you can start the day with a good breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Senator Parque Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Parque Central Valencia
- Hesperia Parque Central Hotel Valencia