“Average, clean, good location”

Hotel Alameda Plaza
Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

By average I do t mean its bad just not good enough to score higher. It served our purposes well in terms of cost and location. We paid about 100 euro or a double double room. At booking we'd asked for two double beds but got one and a sofa (but on he terms it says it can't guarantee this). The sofa bed we used for our children 2 and 4 but I would say its probably not good enough, flat enough or level enough for none larger....my husband did sleep on it briefly but said it was uncomfortable.

The main Double bed was great. Room and sheets etc. we're spotless. Tea making facilities and mini bar. Our room was classed as an executive suit was roomy, plenty of space for two adults and kids. Bathroom was fine, tiles a little tired in places. Bath towels were clean but very washed out. Hair drier was usual type attached to the wall in bathroom. Bath, shower, bd and loo.

Breakfast had a variety of cereals (coco pops, Special K, cornflakes). Some fresh fruit melon, there was a bowl of other stuff but add previous posts say a little on he old side. There was also a variety of breads, sliced, baguettes etc. variety of cold meats (a little on the poor cheap quality side) and cheeses. Hot breakfast options were Spanish style bacon (lots of rind), scrambled eggs, fried eggs and hot dog sausages (again quality could have been better). Oh and pastries and yogurts. Things could have been replenished quicker but that said there was plenty o choose from and we didn't starve.

Location of the hotel has to be the best thing, it's situated right opposite Gulliver's park, great or kids 5+, 15 mins walk from oceanographic and other attractions in he science park area, 20 min walk from centre. Handily placed for tour bus routes and local bus . We drove there and missed e entrance to he car park twice. Car park saves are tight.

Room Tip: Ask for a double double room rather bed sofa bed (room 512 he sofa bed is uncomfortable)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear AlieninSantCugt,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. We are pleased to note that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Nice hotel, good location and very clean rooms. The staff was friendly. Did not eat at the hotel but did enjoy having drinks in the bar. A bus stop for bus 19 which would take you to the beaches or down to the old section is right outside from the hotel, 500 feet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The hotel is located in the city towards the south end on the Paseo Alameda. Old town can be reached by foot in about 20 minutes along the Turia garden or following the pedestrian awl along the street. There is also a bus line passing by the hotel which stops right outside from the hotel.

The rooms are of good size and look modern but without any special design feature. So they do not have any special charm but are clean and offer WiFi, TV, Mini Bar a spacious bathroom and comfortable beds.
The restaurant serves good food at the evenings at at fair price given that it is a hotel restaurant but the food coming through the room service is not keeping up to such a good price / quality ration.
The breakfast menu is spanish style, so a bit more towards the sweet end, but also offers standard northern European choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a more quiet room and you will not be bothered by the traffic at the Hugh round about just o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank XO_621
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Valencia.

The Staff on Reception were all extremely helpful and friendly, especially the Gentleman who checked me in.

I was upgraded to a Suite and was expecting maybe something a little upmarket. It was large and clean, but SO BASIC. The bathtowels were a disgrace. They were a lighter shade of grey, hard and had obviously been cut smaller and smaller. I am not a large person and could barely fasten the towel around myself with a knot. It was more the colour and age that scared me!

There was no mirror on desk. I sat on the floor next to a wall mirror to dry my hair, using the electric outlet I presume for vacuuming.

Breakfast was probably the worst I have ever had at any Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn Express has a better breakfast. I do not need a full extensive buffet, but I do like muesli and fresh fruit. There were raisins, chocolate coated rice Krispies and Special K, canned fruit and a few pieces of fresh pineapple.

I saw whole 'fresh' fruit in bowls, but the fruit looked about as old as the towels.

The crockery and cutlery were dirty and one needed to choose very carefully. On the second morning, there were no saucers left for the coffee cups. I saw everyone, like myself, simply using a small cup without a saucer. The glasses and containers were plastic and dirty. The cups were dirty.

There was a Nespresso machine for coffee, but I couldnt drink it as the coffee was so sweet.

My room key had deactivated every single time I returned to the room. I eventually asked for it to be activated each time I arrived back at the hotel as a matter of course prior to going up to the room, so not to have the irritation of going back down to activate.

I do not like writing bad reviews for any hotel, especially for this Hotel as I could see the Staff working hard on Reception and they were all so pleasant and helpful.

The Hotel however was poor, the rooms need plenty of maintenace or a major revamp. The breakfast needs a MAJOR REVAMP.

The location was fantastic and even though I was on business, I loved the feel of Valencia.

I paid Euro 82 per night for one person including breakfast, so I guess one gets what they pay for, although I did expect more considering it was a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnVlc, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for review and future considerations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel is modern and comfortable , breakfast is rather manic and needs to be organised better ! Bus stop opposite takes you quickly and easily to the centre . Hotel parking is very expensive but with luck one can park nearby . Rooftop pool is tiny and very hard loungers - better to go to the lovely beach not too far away . Lovely helpful staff - we enjoyed our stay and theres a great pizza restaurant next door !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthony34141

Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion with us. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in Valencia.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights on way back from Salou. We stay regularly at Holiday Inn UK so were excited. NEVER AGAIN! 1st room was a dump.. Peeling wallpaper off walls, stained carpets, smashed floor tile, 1 pillow on beds, hairy mould on shower head, dirty windows, soiled curtains. 2nd room was similar.. Limescale shower head, window lock broken, soiled curtains. Why do they use cheap shower heads & not clean windows??
Breakfast was a joke! Cold wet egg, cold scrambled egg, plates & cups filthy, hardly any salad, two choices of pasteries, ppl fighting 4 toaster, NEVER replenished, staff never around. This was the same ever morning!!
This hotel needs a new management team urgently!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Business83
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Business83,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room condition and for the dissatisfaction you had with the breakfast choices. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a lovely stay in the hotel.
Front desk staff very friendly and professional.
The breakfast was basic and try to avoid the rush hour... everything is gone and it takes a while to get replenished.
Overall friendly staff, great connection with a local bus that stops in front of the hotel and goes to the city or the beach in 15 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnVlc, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Alameda Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear MrTravelman87 ,

Thank you for your stay in Holiday Inn Valencia 4*.

We are glad that you had a good stay in our Hotel and that you find our location convenient to visit the city.

We thank you for your comments regarding breakfast as you do not had a satisfactory experience. We are working to improve the quality and the service, however we also make some recommendations as during rush hours, service could be delayed.

We hope to welcome you again in Valencia!

Kind regards