“my type of hotel -- good location, good price, quality standards”

Ad Hoc Monumental Hotel
Ranked #29 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent four nights at the Ad Hoc Monumental and I loved it! Located on the edge of the old city but close enough to get to the tram and bus transport. The Hotel is located in an old classic brick building and the front desk staff were excellent. I had a lovely double room looking onto the front of the building and the room was of good size and included a small sitting area. The bedding was VERY comfortable and the AC worked very well. I slept like a baby!

I never watched the TV but the WIFI worked well for all of my needs. They leave complimentary bottled water every night. The streets around the hotel can be quiet at night, but I never had any problems arriving early in the AM and felt very safe in and around the hotel. The hotel is a five minute walk from the center of the old city and Valencia is very charming. Get lost in the Carmen, wander round the Mercado Central, drink horchata around the Plaza de la Reina, and eat some paella at a beachfront restaurant for lunch. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sirtravel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel that has rooms in the old Spanish style with exposed brickwork and curved, tiled ceilings. It's in the old city so everything is within walking distance.

The rooms are quite large with a desk and, yes, a kettle!

The air con works fine but we didn't need it much as the room was quite cool.

Bathroom and shower were good.
Breakfast was expensive for a continental breakfast so we went to a cafe in a local square opposite the church.

Parking is not cheap, we had to use an underground car park about five minutes walk away at a cost of 22 EUR per day. It was manned and safe so probably worth it.

There was some noise transmitted from other rooms but it wasn't a real issue.

The staff were wonderful - friendly and helpful. We will return here next time we are in Valencia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malc N
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned from a stay at this hotel. I must admit the hotel location was fantastic however, the rooms disappointing, I can only imagine that the pictures have been airbrushed! The first room I was given smelt terribly of drains and I was moved to the fourth floor which sadly wasn't much better. There was a dead fly stuck to the wall, stains on the bedside lampshade and some hairs on the bathroom floor. I always sleep really well but felt my sleep was interrupted by the sound of the traffic, despite sleeping with the balcony door closed. Management should also address people smoking on the balconies as twice during my 5 night stay, I was woken by people talking loudly on the balcony way into the early hours of the morning. When I called reception they said it was ok that people could smoke on the balconies...a language barrier, I can only imagine as surely if its affecting the enjoyment of other guests, it shouldn't be allowed. Breakfast was tasty, plentiful and the orange juice was delicious. The reception staff were lovely, polite and keen to offer tips/suggestions and nothing seemed to much trouble. Bottled water is supplied in the room and the reception staff can provide you with ice when required. I didn't dine there in the evening as the menu was quite limited but the ambiance was nice and the music beautiful when we stopped by for a pre dinner drink. The hotel also offer you a taxi to the airport for €16 which is a bargain as I the driver from the airport tried to charge me €25 but I managed to get him to reduce it to €20. Be careful on the side streets though as there are a lot of homeless people that can be quite aggressive at times.

Room Tip: Ask reception if there are some rooms around the back and not near the lifts :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with recommending restaurants and giving directions to various sights. A bit difficult to find so I recommend you get directions from the hotel before attempting to drive to the hotel. WIFI in the rooms and not just in the lobby was a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Tucked into the warrens of Old Town Valencia, it was easy to walk everywhere. We worried that our room would be noisy because it was right by the elevator, but we heard nothing, and we are light sleepers. There was no view from our window, but we had not requested one, so that's ok. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room sparkling clean. It even had a big tub (as well as shower with great water pressure), and they provided bath gel that made wonderful bubbles! My only advice to other travelers would be to have someone at the front desk mark the hotel on a map until you are well-oriented to the neighborhood!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Here is a charming hotel at a reasonable price. Location is great and the building, and more specifically the rooms, beautiful. I love the traditional floors, the furniture, the brick walls... I even like the paintings hanging on the walls!
If you are tired of cold international hotels you may like Ad Hoc Monumental. Personally I have loved it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colombo2025
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We've been living in Alicante for the last six years but hadn't had the chance to visit Valencia until last weekend, we missed Fallas on purpose to avoid crowds and agglomerations because we had been told about the "other attractive parts" of the city, The City of Arts and Sciences, the Historical City Centre with its Market and the Cathedral. As we only had the weekend and went by train, my husband and myself decided to reserve a hotel within the City Centre and found the Ad Hoc Monumental, honestly you cannot get closer...we were delighted, pleasantly surprised with its homely environment and staff as we are not fond of the you've been in one, you've been in all more modern "designed" hotels. It's staff really help us with the how and where to around the city as all what we wanted to visit was just a stroll away. The room we had was functional, tidy and very clean. The breakfast just hits the spot and got us going for a good part of the morning allowing us to visit the placid surroundings. All I can say is that we'll surely repeat the experience, thank you!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple