NH Valencia Las Ciencias
Valencia Center Hotel(Valencia)
ILUNION Aqua 4(Valencia)
ILUNION Aqua 3(Valencia)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnecessary amenitiesbusiness tripvery nice stayscience museumroom was spotlesssingle roomstay there againcouple of nightscity centrefree wifiperfect locationgreat hotelbus stoprecommend this hotelminute walkartseuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Old fashioned room and a rather small hotel but comfortable. 20 minutes from the city centre but if that's not a problem for you its in a nice location across from the museum of Science and arts and near a long green park, nice for a walk. Staff were friendly to. No iron or ironing board which I normally like as it was chargeable for all laundry. If you get a good price for it then I would say yes if not no.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulbo4
Reviewed 25 November 2011

It's right next to a mall and the City of Arts and Scieces. I stayed at the taller building, but was never really sure if I was at the I or II hotel. The rooms was typical small Europe. They haven't seem to discover wash clothes, and breakfast was over priced. The resaurant serves good food. The price was nice. The front desk staff was pleasant enough and spoke English, but some of the others (like the bartender woman) was outright rude. Thermostat controls in the room seem to blow around whatever temperature is already there.

Don't let the front desk call you a taxi...if they call a taxi then the meter starts when they receive the call not when they pick you up. There are plenty of taxi's outside the hotel so just go wave one down.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2011

The rooms were new, clean and quiet. Very helpful staff and they speak English. Very close to the city of science but not that close to the city center. It has wifi, buffet breakfast and room service but we did not check any of these.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2011

The hotel is a little far from the center, but a 5 minute walk from the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. Amazing. Loved Valencia, loved the hotel. There's a bus right across the street that takes you to the center, and takes about 20 minutes. The rooms were good, the staff was friendly. Overall, a great value. Would go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Wow. The NH Las Artes II was the NH Las Artes Express and in changing its name, it attempts to get a fresh start- or does it? I booked this hotel knowing that it was not the NH Las Artes as I had business nearby at the Palau. It is close, but is a very cheap, discount version of what NH Hotels do. To be honest, it is not the material cheapness, the rooms with no space, bathroom smaller than the train I used from Madrid to arrive. It is the dopey service and the fact that they direct you to their bigger, classier bro across the street for anything that makes one feel like maybe twenty dollars more would have been worth it.
I arrived and the internet company had the wrong address but I knew I was at the cheapie. I told them about the address mistake and that the company, Cheaptickets, had the wrong address. Tripadvisor doesn't have the right name at this point. The tall statuesque employee told me " Well the address doesn't matter because you are here.". In other words, they actually do not care that there is misinformation out there about their property because they benefit by doing nothing. EEK.
I tried to dine in the NH Las Artes and that wa a joke as they had to tell me three times that I would have to pay for the breakfast which hello!, is what one would expect. I decided to ahve a coffee and they told me to go sit in the lobby and they brought out a cup of coffee without a napkin, spoon, milk or sugar. But they did bring the bill? Odd- no? The level of service at this hotel is the lowest I experienced in Spain. The NH Hotel chain should review these two properties but they must not be an efficient company as their webiste wa down for direct bookings for over two weeks in December. That is why I used a third party.
My room in the NH Las Artes II ( no longer the Express as I was told by an employee) was the cheapest room that a one star would have on he side of a road in the US. I cannot recommend it. Maps of Valencia do not show properly the proximity of other hotels. Do not rely on the few that state that this property is the only one to be close. Sometimes distance is worth it to get a better view.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business