“Rude and unhelpful receptionist”
Review of Hotel Turia

Hotel Turia
Ranked #86 of 99 Hotels in Valencia
Warwick. UK
“Rude and unhelpful receptionist”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We booked this hotel for just one night as we were cycling 130 km to Valencia and wanted to see the city before returning back the next day.
I tell you this to put my comments in context. we turned up tired and looking forward to a shower and a rest . On arriving in reception the person on duty told us that we were not allowed to take the bikes to the room because we might damage it. I tried to explain that they were carbon racing bikes and not the sort that you lock up in the street. I asked him nicely if he would make an exception but he wouldn't.He was very rude and told me to go and buy a lock or put it in the garage downstairs. I wasn't happy that we couldn't put them in the room but what annoyed me was his attitude and rudeness, He refused to let me speak to the managed telling me that there was no one around. I asked him if he could tell me if I could cancel my room so I could go elsewhere and he told me he couldn't tell me and that I should find out myself!
I rarely write negative things about hotels but this was the poorest service and attitude I have ever encountered in a hotel and there was no need for it.
We didn't stay and lost our money because our bikes were not insured to be left locked up anywhere but what I saw of the hotel it was a shabby reception and the service dreadful

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WendyTomes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We've had 2 stays here , once in late April and again in June-and because money's tight both times have been booked on price.We couldn't find anything else in the area (just adjacent Turia metro and Turia River gardens) that could beat the price.
What you get is Faded Glory-it must have been quite grand in it's day, but now seems in need of a makeover-furniture all dark wood, and rooms a tad gloomy-but clean and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and helpful (especially the breakfast room attendant), we rated the continental breakfast o.k. for the money.
We had 3rd floor rooms on both stays-you get a little balcony that you step out on and admire the view over the road to the Turia gardens if the rooms near the front of the hotel, or the bus station on one side if at the rear.
Our comments are based on two 1 night stays B & B over the weekend periods-early in the year.Would we stay there again?--Yes, as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: Rooms near to the front-either side of the hotel are best. Further back,one side overlooks bus stati...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The a/c was not working. Hallways are dark. Especially, by the elevator. Not one English speaking TV channel. Not many channels period.

The bathroom has this fake marble. It is slippery, becareful going in and out of the shower. Woke up with a back ache. The mattress must have been 100 years old.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Valencia hotels

Penarth, South Wales
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Myself & my partner stayed for one night at the Hotel Turia in Valencia on 20 January 2010. We've visited Valencia before, but fancied an overnight stay after visiting some of the bars on the Valencia gay scene. We paid around 55 Euros for a double room & parking and that was all this hotel was worth; the hotel is very " tired" and in need of up dating. The room was quite large, but the furnishings were old. The bed seemed very well used (I had a spring sticking in my back all night!) and the bathroom could only be described as hideous. When we turned the water on to have a shower in the evening, the water that came out of the taps was brown, so we had to run it for about 10 minutes before it ran clean.

On the plus side, the hotel is in a good location next to the park & over the road from Ciutat Vella (Historic old town) & the Barrio del Carmen district, which we loved. The central bus station is also next door to the hotel.

If you can manage to get this hotel for a cheap rate I would consider it, but don't pay a high price as it is not worth the money.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This was the first hotel where on arrival at 10 AM we were advised to come later as the checkin time is after 12! Even in low cost hotels (usual for us) we never faced this. Anyway, we did come later and checked in.
The rooms were roomy and well furnished, although a little dated. The location is absolutely perfect as as the name suggests, it faces the dried out river banks of the Turia. A very large shopping center with good value is just across the road and WiFi is free but only in the lobby. At least the chairs there were comfy!
If I do visit Valencia again, would look for another option...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

very clean, great location (2min walking from turia metro station and next to bus stop) confortable room and kind personal! didn't have breakfast included but you can walk to the front corte ingles and have it by yourself!
there's a safety locker but you have to pay to rent the key! free wireless service in the hall!

• Stayed November 2010
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Hi i travelled to Valencia Spain, last June. It was a wonderfull & intresting cheap holiday. On my staying thereat i resided at Turia Hotel. This Hotel is very Centrally located, very convenient, exactly near the biggest shopping complex in Valencia, not far away from the city centre, exactly near the Metro & bus station. What else can i say, simply one of the best in Valencia.

If yo go at this Hotel, you do not need any car or else. You just need to walk or use the public transport, which is very cheap and efficient.

I reccomend.