“Hotel OK but inadequate power”
Review of Hotel Turia

Hotel Turia
Ranked #88 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel is reasonably priced and offers a good breakfast but we had difficulty charging things and the second night the air conditioning didn't work at all. It was very hot and uncomfortable. Underground parking is handy.

Room Tip: Just make sure if it's hot that the air conditioning is working!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel in September...Having read all the reviews beforehand, I actually expected worse...the hotel does need a good refurbishment...the air conditioning was very poor (thankfully the weather is not too hot, beds are not the best in the business, and for some reason the corridors are not lit at night which gives the place a creepy look. The walls are also quite thin for my liking...The staff were helpful overall (especially the men)...one of the girls kept telling us that things were expensive (I suppose she didnt want to sell us stuff)...the breakfast was overpriced and in fact we just went to the shopping centre next door (excellent food and nice shopping too)...Also DO NOT PARK AT THE HOTEL...you may find parking in the road parallel to the hotel for free (just park in the white boxes and ignore anyone who comes asking for tips_

Room Tip: A/Cs arent so good so avoid in Summer....Buy breakfast from the shopping centre next door, and park...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Etienne B
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We were visiting Valencia from a neighbouring region and needed a convenient hotel close to the historic quarter. We had no complaints about this modern business hotel. It is very convenient for the Turia subway station and a short walk to a modern shopping mall and the old town. Breakfast is rather minimal but inexpensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The location of the hotel is really good and a nice park next to it. The staff are not very friendly. The hotel needs updating and definitely doesn't have 4 star standard.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 November 2011

With all of the of the marble (and there is acres of the stuff) there is definitely a kind of luxurious-ish feel. That said, the bit of marble glam is undermined by the dated room furnishings. Its like the hotel was furnished from a cruise ship heading to the scrap heap. But what do you expect for 41 Euro? I found it to be excellent value.

The Location - very solid. 2 Minutes from the metro... right next to the Valencia bus station... and 10 minute walk to the old city. There was also very fast free WIFI in the lobby.

Some of the things the hotel did when furnishing the place makes you wonder if they went out of their way to be unhelpful. What hotel designs rooms with only 1 plug that the TV uses? What hotel then buys splitters that cant accommodate foreign adaptors? Hotels by nature host foreigners! What hotel installs ac controls that have only L, M, H but has no seeming effect on the temp that comes out (which always felt just a degree or two above what I'd actually call cool [to be fair it was 95F/35C outside])? What hotel wires the alarm clock into the key card enabled power system? They even manage to take something I'd consider an unusual luxury in a hotel these days - 100 channels - and undermine it with a TV thats really slow changing channels and remote that has only 5 buttons (Volume Up, Down, Mute - Channel Up and Down). To be fair - since it was a short stay... these kinds of quirks totally amused me.

All those design sensibility questions said - My impression of the place was overwhelmingly positive. It just worked and at minimal expense. Maybe I'm a sucker for marble? I would totally stay here again.

PS - The fire stair way on the North end of the hall provides excellent views of the city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NyCBoI2ThEMaX
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We booked this hotel for just one night as we were cycling 130 km to Valencia and wanted to see the city before returning back the next day.
I tell you this to put my comments in context. we turned up tired and looking forward to a shower and a rest . On arriving in reception the person on duty told us that we were not allowed to take the bikes to the room because we might damage it. I tried to explain that they were carbon racing bikes and not the sort that you lock up in the street. I asked him nicely if he would make an exception but he wouldn't.He was very rude and told me to go and buy a lock or put it in the garage downstairs. I wasn't happy that we couldn't put them in the room but what annoyed me was his attitude and rudeness, He refused to let me speak to the managed telling me that there was no one around. I asked him if he could tell me if I could cancel my room so I could go elsewhere and he told me he couldn't tell me and that I should find out myself!
I rarely write negative things about hotels but this was the poorest service and attitude I have ever encountered in a hotel and there was no need for it.
We didn't stay and lost our money because our bikes were not insured to be left locked up anywhere but what I saw of the hotel it was a shabby reception and the service dreadful

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WendyTomes
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We've had 2 stays here , once in late April and again in June-and because money's tight both times have been booked on price.We couldn't find anything else in the area (just adjacent Turia metro and Turia River gardens) that could beat the price.
What you get is Faded Glory-it must have been quite grand in it's day, but now seems in need of a makeover-furniture all dark wood, and rooms a tad gloomy-but clean and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and helpful (especially the breakfast room attendant), we rated the continental breakfast o.k. for the money.
We had 3rd floor rooms on both stays-you get a little balcony that you step out on and admire the view over the road to the Turia gardens if the rooms near the front of the hotel, or the bus station on one side if at the rear.
Our comments are based on two 1 night stays B & B over the weekend periods-early in the year.Would we stay there again?--Yes, as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: Rooms near to the front-either side of the hotel are best. Further back,one side overlooks bus stati...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple