“Extremely good value”
Review of Hotel Dimar

Hotel Dimar
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

- Service was fine, but we weren't advised that parking needed to be booked in advance
- Parking only 4.50 Euro
- Modern, spacious, sparkling clean rooms
- Extremely good value
- Located between the old town and the science and arts centre
- Only negative really was that the fridge was not cold enough - we would have drank the beers from the minibar if they had of been cold

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dimar

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I thought this was a 4 star hotel but was not impressed. The room was hot which I have complained the 1st night (I stayed 4 nights) since the entire hotel is temperature regulated and not individually controlled despite the thermostat in the room. Every night i fan myself to sleep. l also opened the window and the street noise was making impossible to hear the TV since it is also volume controlled! I was a given a choice of a back room with a "view" but the view was the roof tops of building and so depressing to look at. The hotel is NOT in the old town which I thought I was booking at another travel site. The hotel also charges a parking fee per day.
The room size is good however, there is a slight odor (sewer) in the bathroom. The tub has a half shower glass that swings so when you shower and are not careful it can flood the floor which I did on my first 2 days. There is a free hot breakfast served which is my only plus that I can say about this hotel. I will definitely opt for another place to stay should I plan to visit Valencia again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here on the second leg of a trip to Barcelona and Valencia so have something to compare to a little bit.

Upon arriving I was pleasantly surprised by the open lobby and reception. Check in was easy. The areas around the hotel are nice with some small bars and cafes along the street down to the centre of the city.

All the staff we encountered during our stay were nice and helpful, they organised a taxi to take us to the airport at the crack of dawn.

I didn't eat the breakfast or use any facilities in the hotel so can't reallly comment on those but the room was very nice and larger than most I have stayed in. There were tea/coffee making facilities and a mini bar that, although overpriced was not as bad as some I have seen. The bathroom was very nice and had a larger than average selection of toiletries in it.

One small problem was that I couldn't find a shop or small supermarket anywhere near the hotel where I could purchase a drink or something to eat over the weekend. The wifi was very patchy, too, which is a major gripe of mine but there did seem to be computers available to use downstairs.

All in all it was a very good hotel that was close to the action and had most things that we needed and all for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our room was very clean and spacious with a very good toiletry tray including disposable razor and comb and mouthwash and toothbrush. The Dimar is near the Aragon Bridge and a 10-15 minute walk to the old city centre. The staff were very polite and efficient. The buffet breakfast is very comprehensive and served from 7 to 11. I can't say too much more than that because although it was great in all aspects the hotel has no 'centre'. There is a bar but it wasn't staffed when we came back from dinner out. And on that front there are some really nice restaurants on the street behind the hotel. Nice Tapas bars and a really nice Italian too.

Room Tip: we had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking a "courtyard". It was very quiet but no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey P
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Room was very spacious modern and clean but no view. This didn't bother us as we were out and about. Staff were very friendly and helpful and responded to a difficulty with the room safe within minutes. Location great. 7 minutes walk to centre but a quieter area with it's own bars and restaurants. Very close to Parks and sights . Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Fab trip.

Room Tip: Request a view from room if it's important to you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iviedevon
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great location! Beautiful, nicely decorated and comfortable rooms/beds. The bathrooms are very spacious. I lived the view from my room and it was very clean. I would recommend this to my friends. I wasn't in my hotel room much and I only set breakfast there, but the food and ESPRESSO was fabulous!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

contemporary hotel, in a wonderful area close to lots of restaurants and in an residential area away from the tourist where the real Valencian dine and drink and enjoy life. we love this area and keep returning to it. Our favorite tapas bar, Vela, just across the road so we will return

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple