“Amazing!!”
Review of Caro Hotel

Caro Hotel
Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I loved everything about the Caro. It's complete luxury in an understated urban chic kind of way! I loved the design of the hotel, the perfect mix of a historic building and modern luxury. I would love to go back and next time I'm in Valencia, a fab location and a fab hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wheresmilo
CaroHotelVLC, Gerente at Caro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen Caro Hotel. We really appreciate your kind words.
Balancing the historic legacy with a contemporary look and a sophisticated interior design was a tough job which took more than 7 years. Thus, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to host you in your next visit to Valencia. We are sure there are still a lot of details to discover in our small hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Caro Hotel from Nov 6 - Nov 9. We absolutely LOVE the hotel!

First of all, all the staff are very helpful, professional and polite. They really make you feel welcome. Secondly, the location is just excellent! It is in the heart of the old town and within a short walk to Plaza de la Reina. You can take the No.1 or No. 95 lines at a bus stop near the hotel (a short 2 blocks away) to the famous City of Arts and Science - Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias.

As for the room itself, we stayed at Room 27 and it was just perfect! We love the modern style and the minimalist feel. The room was very clean and quiet; and the bed was very comfortable! They actually let you choose different kinds of pillows at the front desk but the ones in the room were just perfect for us, so we didn't try the other ones. We had no problem with the water pressure or the water temperature, they were just right! The wifi was very fast too! Oh, how can you not love the Bvlgari amenities they provide? It was just so fancy and luxurious! Also, the room has a very pleasant fragrant and we think it's from the soap. We can't really figure it out, so if you know what makes it smells so nice, please let us know =)

In addition, Caro Hotel offers complimentary mini bar, yes, IT IS FREE and they refill it everyday! There's soda, mineral water, juice, olives, chips, chocolate, etc. You also get a welcome drink at the hotel bar upon arrival.

Caro is perfect for couples but if you are traveling with your friends, please note that the bathroom is semi-open, so privacy may be an issue. Also, it is a bit dark near the door which is where the thermostat is located. If you need to adjust the room temperature, you will need to use your phone as a light source so you can see the screen.

We both agree that staying at Caro Hotel is one of the highlights of our trip! If we ever return to Valencia, Caro Hotel will definitely be where we stay at!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie C
CaroHotelVLC, Gerente at Caro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Caro Hotel. We try our very best to make memorable our customers' experiences with us.

Room 27 is indeed a very special room: waking up in the morning enjoying Valencia's sunshine through your window makes it even more special. As you may know, every room is different form each other, one of a kind at Caro Hotel.

Regarding the lighting, let us inform you that we are working on it in order to improve these issues.

We are also very thankful for the gifts you offered to our Front Desk Team.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us again if you ever come back to Valencia.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed only one night (October 23-24, 2012) but I found the hotel outstanding. A unique decor, a most pleasant staff throughout (e.g. there was a Portuguese fellow in the reception who was of great help when I arrived), and an excellent location, right in the heart of the old town. I never tried the restaurant. The only two "minuses" (which I discussed with the staff) was the insufficient light in the room (no reading lights) and a dangerously slippery floor in the bedroom, especially when using the provided slippers. Although in some areas it seemed as though the renovation had been a bit too 'harsh' (but then again I didn't see what it looked like before starting the renovation), the final result is very pleasing to the eye. All in all, congratulations! I hope to be back.

Room Tip: My experience is based on Room 17, a "Habitación Superior".
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank J E
CaroHotelVLC, Gerente at Caro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for your trust in Caro Hotel. We truly appreciate your comments.
We take very seriously our guest's opinion and, in order to improve, your feedback is very valuable for us. We are already working on the issues you mentioned.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again at Caro Hotel Valencia.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was a great hotel to stay in. I loved the modern style and it is very central. Everything is pretty much within walking distance. For the port and the city of arts and sciences a bus can be caught very nearby.
We only had a basic room which possibly lacked something of the details that some of the other rooms might have, but it was relatively spacious, clean and very comfortable (already missing the amazingly comfy big bed!). The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.
I can't really find fault with this hotel as it met our needs perfectly. One small issue was that the water temperature in the shower occasionally wavered to hotter/ cooler while using it, not sure what could be done about this though. But the only real downside for me about this hotel was that it seems to back onto a small playground for a school. This meant waking up to the sound of children playing - particularly unfortunate when you are a teacher on a half term break! Of course this is just an unfortunate circumstance and possibly wouldn't bother other people who would be up and out earlier than me (I like my lie ins).
Overall, this was a good hotel and I'd definitely recommend staying here.

2  Thank roothie
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The Caro is a very special and lovely hotel with a unique design incorporating the very old with the new. There are remains of ancient Roman and Moorish walls within a very modern interior space. Our room was very spacious, with a small balcony overlooking the interior courtyard. The guest room would benefit from better lighting. The hotel staff was welcoming and very helpful during our stay. The hotel restaurant, Alma del Temple, was outstanding, with creatively prepared and delicious food.
The Caro is located in the old part of Valencia, somewhat difficult to find, even with GPS, but certainly worth the effort! It is very conveniently situated to visit the sites in the old town, and is close to a bus stop to visit the amazing Ciudad de las Artes y Las Ciencias. There is no on-site parking, which is not uncommon in European cities. However, valet parking can be arranged through the hotel when making your reservation.
We look forward to a return visit to Valencia and the Caro Hotel.

2  Thank VoyageursUSA
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel is new and beautiful, it has lots beautiful pieces or roman stone integrated with the very modern deco of the hotel!
The rooms are very big and the bathroom are beautiful and spacy! The beds are very comfortable, and though the hotel is very modern it still remains cosy!
The people are helpful but not especially kind, they do okay.
The hotel truly gives you an exculsive feel which is enjoyable and the location is fine, near the old town in valencia!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My booking (with booking.com) promised a room with a scenic view. The view in fact was simply of another building very close by. Not too bothered about the lack of view, I thought it would at least be quiet. How wrong could I be! After going to bed just after midnight I was kept awake for an hour and a half by loud voices outside. I assumed this to be associated with the building opposite. Worse still was the smell of smoke penetrating the room even though all the windows were shut. I could even smell the smoke in bed.

When I got up in the morning and investigated in the daylight, I found that the noise and smoke were not associated with the the building opposite at all but had come from the hotel's smoking area right underneath my windows!

The hotel receptionist was very helpful and organised a move to a better room for the remaining two nights (which is why I am putting this hotel in the "poor" category rather than "terrible") but I absolutely cannot understand how the hotel can allow such a thing to occur in the first place. The hotel management must know that the smoking area is directly below the windows of one their rooms.

Furthermore, at every other hotel I have stayed at in Spain, I have been asked on checkout whether I wanted to pay in Euros or in GB pounds. I always pay in Euros to avoid the bad exchange rates given by the hotels. At the Caro hotel I was presented with a bill in Euros and was not asked how I wanted to pay, so naturally I assumed I was going to be paying in Euros. Not so. Only after paying did it become clear that the hotel had charged me in GB pounds, with a considerable mark-up on the exchange rate.

Room Tip: Do not let them give you room 2
5  Thank alan45t
CaroHotelVLC, Propietario at Caro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Caro Hotel and for your valuable opinion, which will for sure improve our future performance.

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the smoke going into your room. It is the first time it happens and will also be the last. We are pleased to inform you that this area -which belongs to the restaurant open-air smoking area- is not in use any longer thanks to your comments. We would like you to understand that we tried to please you by changing you from a double to a special room as a compensation as soon as we were noticed.

With regard to the payment in GB pounds or Euros, we have checked the issue with our bank and have been notified that the bill is definitely not a charge in GB pounds. The print out was just a report of your currency exchange, charged in Euros.

Many thanks again for your feedback, we have taken very seriously your comments.
It will be a pleasure for us to host you again in the future.

Best regards,