AC Hotel Valencia
US$107
US$87
Ayre Hoteles
  • Restaurant
Hotel Melia Valencia(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$89
Melia Plaza(Valencia)
US$122
US$103
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreception staff spoke good englishturkish bathold townbus stopfree wifinice hotelcity centrebusiness hotelnice bathroomscience museumciudad de las artesbreakfast was includednice stayhotel is situatedmini bargood sizeshopping mall
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The hotel is a standard AC one, very comfortable and very close to the Calatrava main attractions in the area such as L’Hemisferic, City of Arts and Science. It is not very close to the center, yet you can go by foot if you want to walk around 40 minutes. We were for January vacations in Valencia at this hotel and we have a small incident that engaged our confidence about the cleaning standards of the hotel. I prefer to keep it confidentially in order to avoid damaging the hotel management and brand.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Llitos
direcacvalencia, Director General at AC Hotel Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear Costumer,

I am getting in touch with you because I am very worried about the incident you had during your stay.

Cleanliness is very important for us and it is one of the standard that costumers consider always positive in AC Valencia.

I beg you to contact me by email, please: direc.acvalencia@ac-hotels.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is a stunning 5 star hotel with everything you could ever want in it, and a very good value for the price. The rooms are huge and include a hallway and two bathroom spaces, the free breakfast is enough to last you all day. The front desk is responsive and very helpful. However, they did want to charge if you wanted to turn on the music through the TV. The public spaces are many and spacious. We especially liked spending time on the large outdoor patio sipping our drinks. The hotel is a little off the beaten path, not very convenient to the old city, you need to take a cab to get there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerri777
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I will try not to gush but this is probably one of the best hotels I've been lucky to have stayed at this last year and I'm really not that easily impressed as I've to stay at hotels a lot for my work.

PLUS POINTS:
1. Efficient & polite staff & proficient in English to boot plus they are empowered to make quick (and correct) decisions (sound like a Swiss-run Citibank?)

2. Proximity to City of Arts & Sciences (about 7 minutes leisurely walk)

3. Proximity to massive El Corte Ingles, brand new Aqua shopping mall and neighbourhood shops - right outside the hotel's door!

4. Complimentary mini-bar (yes! really..nice beer but no wine though)

5. Best Paella in Valencia (seriously! I've had quite a lot in this city where it was invented!)

6. Breakfast ~ made to order (what can I say...it's lovely! and such a selection of hams and cereals! even the brewed coffee's not too bad.)

They do get short staffed during the early hours between 8 - 10am but once they are fully-staffed, they do run the place with Swiss efficiency. They may need a better way to check-out of the hotel though, especially when folks don't have to clear any mini-bar bills.

They are a very busy hotel after all, being so near to the City of Arts & Sciences where so many conferences and conventions are held, so it is not a wonder the hotel is not running full-house everyday. But when I was there just last week (end-Oct 2012), the place was swarming with people so it is just as well that they have a really large lounge-bar area as practically every busy person was there using their free wifi service! FYI, the paid service for the internet is in the form of a scratch card for €6 for unlimited 24-hour access so you can surf and blog in the comfort of your own room whilst enjoying the free booze from the mini-bar.

The front desk and the restaurant staff are so very polite and helpful, I love them! And they speak such coherent & precise English. I'm saying this as my agent had made an error for my business dinner booking but with a phone call, they sorted it out in a couple of minutes and even managed to whip up a house salad with arugula & green cheese plus home-made vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce to make up for my agent's error! Can you beat that!? Thanks Felipe and team!

I will so absolutely book myself this hotel to stay in again! Just please don't up the prices! xP

Get this... there are no NEGATIVE POINTS! (Just watch for those cyclists ~ don't cross their paths, literally, as they do have a designated lane on the sidewalk. This city is full of joggers & health-conscious folks so watch for them too.)

Room Tip: The lifts do take a while reach as you can imagine they are busy with so many people staying there, so choose a lower floor so you can pop up and down as you need. Keeps you fit too. :-)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Elle T
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed for one night on our way home to Andalucia. Close to the waterfront and contemporary end of Valencia, this hotel is well situated for the L'Hemisferic etc and perfect for shopping El Cortes Ingles which is just around the corner. As always, the rooms are modern, comfortable and stylish. The service was not as sharp as we've experienced in other AC's, but adequate. There is an underground car park and there are plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonSpaceman
Reviewed 5 October 2012

What a sight for travel weary eyes:-) This hotel was beyond what we expected, with uber efficient, friendly staff, free bar fridge, turkish baths, a gym, free wi-fi in the lounge & warm, clean rooms & bathrooms. Loved, loved,loved our stay here. Easily accessed from town and a walking distance to the hemisphere/umbracle etc with heaps of restaurants along the roadside and at the nearby malls. Would stay here every time in Valencia.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple