“The first but not the last!”

Mountain Biking Valencia Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Guided Mountain Bike Tours, Bike Rental, and special 2-Day Mountain Bike Skills Courses for beginners. Discover the mountains, valleys and coastal wetlands of Valencia with private tour guide. Quality bikes for hire. Routes of all types to suit all abilities including complete beginner, children, families and experienced mountain bikers.
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Not having been on a bike for probably 40 years, it was with a little trepidation that I joined my partner for an excursion with Dave on a mountain biking trip, but any apprehension soon vanished completely. Dave took great trouble to plan a trip that would be suitable, his bikes are excellent (both in quality and condition) and we had a great day out. We followed the course of a disused railway that has now been made over to a biking and hiking trail and went through the most beautiful countryside, following a route of about 35kms. We made stops for lunch and refreshments along the way but nevertheless I was fully expecting to pay the price later with protesting muscles, etc. but not at all! Despite the route being mostly rough track and climbing some 600m, Dave's bikes are so well adjusted and engineered and his instruction on getting the most from the gears so good, that the only feeling I had afterwards was that I wanted to go on many more such trips. Far from regretting getting on a bike after so long away, I can see a new hobby developing, so huge thanks to Dave for that, and (since I live in the local area), I most definitely will be back for more!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We took a 3 day trip with a group of 7 friends with Mountain Biking Valencia. It was a wonderful experience. The bikes were top of the line. David accompanied us each day and was wonderful. He made sure everyone was properly instructed and well taken care of.
David planned each day to show us a different area around Valencia, including the nature areas of Lake Albufera; the mountains and beautiful Barxeta Valley and the historic town of Xativa. He also arranged our stay at a beautiful farm house in the area. It was a great value for the money as well. We have no hesitation to recommend this highly!

2  Thank Jane M
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My wife and I cycled with Nature Trail Spain / Mountain Biking Valencia and five other colleagues from around the world after a conference in Valencia in early June 2012. We found David through his web site NatureTrailSpain and his responses to my enquiries were prompt and helpful. We are an older group who regularly ride road bikes together, but David assured us that he could cater to our needs and our preference for a scenic, cultural cycle tour, with not too many overly serious challenges. Making arrangements through the internet is always a little fraught but our frequent emails reassured me that David would give us a good experience (and at a very reasonable price). So indeed he did. Our accommodation at La Casona de Ferrando in La Drova hosted by the charming Vicente and his family was first rate. Beautiful mountain views and a large pool to cool off in in the evening. The bikes themselves were in excellent condition and were clearly well maintained and adjusted to our personal dimensions. We had three days of personally guided touring through varied, interesting country-side including views of bird life on the Albefura lake and time at the impressive hill top fortress at Xativa. The weather was quite hot and the good humored David was always considerate of our well-being and we appreciated his willingness to be flexible and change plans according to the circumstances. Those who wanted more off-road got it, while those who needed rest were also catered for. Two dinners at local cafes in Barx, which were arranged by David and his wife Carolina were special memories. I should also give a special mention to Carolina who went beyond the call of duty to help us negotiate with Valenbisi in Valencia (see the relevant review on TA). In short, we were very pleased with our three days with Mountain Biking Valencia and we left feeling we had made new friends at La Drova. I would certainly recommend David / Mountain Biking Valencia to you.

1  Thank ozpaul
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Dave picked us up at Villa Florencia for a morning ride, he was very good at communicating beforehand to ensure the day was tailored to suit us. We covered about 30k on dirt roads, not technically challenging, but quite a tough ride in the heat. We were in the hills through fruit groves and up to a small traditional village. Dave is an excellent guide, he is very knowledgable about the area.
We returned to Villa Florencia for a siesta and picked my wife up for a gentle afternoon ride, about 18k along quie roads and tracks along the valley.
All together a great day, Dave was very accommodating and provide a service which was excellent value for money.

3  Thank tim c
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Excellent trip! Only riding a bike on the road it's possible to enjoy of spanish nature. Your mountain bikes are very good and your car service too. I hope to come again. Ciao Stefania M

3  Thank Stefania M