“Haven of welcome-ness and peace right in the heart of the city center”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Mindfulness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 73 Valencia B&B and Inns
Hilversum
“Haven of welcome-ness and peace right in the heart of the city center”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you want to experience what the true sense of welcome means and get 5 star breakfasts in the company of inspiring fellow guests and hosts then this is the place to be.
We enjoyed the lively discussions and the sharing of experiences which are stimulated by the lovely hosts.
What a great way to start your day during a city-trip!!
It brought us to places we would otherwise never have found and gave us an immediate sense of belonging to this magnificent city. The rooms are tastfull , lots of books around and the place is spotless. We will certainly come back!!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank ErikJackie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I arrived here after staying in a hotel for a week and I felt immediately at home. I have been on a 3 month holiday and have stayed in many different types of B&Bs and hotels. This would have to be the standout for me. On arrival I was hot and dusty after my train trip and I was greeted with a refreshing glass of Cava and a quick tour of the B&B and how things worked. After I had settled in Dany took the time to explain the city and point out areas of interest and some good restaurants. My room and the shared bathroom were spotless. I was only sharing the bathroom with 2 others and it was never a problem. My room was booked for the last 3 days and so I moved to the apartment. I must say I loved the apartment - the little balcony was tiny but had a chair so I could sit out at night with a glass of cava ....Dany or Thys had kindly left a bottle in the fridge for me. The reviews on here about the breakfasts are right - they are great, lots of variety, fruit, yoghurts, breads, cold meats, cheeses and interesting condiments. The B&B is very very central, but in a quiet street of one of the main squares. I walked to my spanish class each day, and in the afternoons hired a bike from around the corner and rode along the river bed to the beach. Dany gave me excellent directions - although I did get lost once because I took the wrong turn - even though he had explained it to me correctly! The other guests were friendly but I didn't see a lot of them - everyone was out and about doing there own thing and I usually had breakfast early. Thys even did my laundry for me one day - I was very grateful for that. This isn't a hotel - so if thats what you want then you might not be satisfied. I am very particular about my accommodation and this is the sort of place that is perfect for me. Quiet, clean, nice hosts, good breakfast and independent access so you can come and go easily. They have set up something really nice here. This is the best B&B I have stayed in, I will definitely be back if I am ever staying in Valencia again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank James R
Belsele, Belgium
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very nice B&B in a quit street in the middle of Valencia close to the Turia. We had a room with a balcony and really enjoyed the Cava welcome drink and delicious breakfast with a mix of Spanish and Dutch specialities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carla_VO
Laren, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is really Valencian pleasure.
You wake up in a beautiful environment.
Before you join the with luxury filled breakfast table, you can start the always sunny Valencian day with an energetic relaxing yoga.
This beautifully decorated B & B is located in the hard of Valencia in a quiet neighborhood.
The two enthusiastic hosts have enough tips for a daytrip, restaurant or visiting to one of the many beaches in Valencia.

Room Tip: I love the balkony room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cato-Margo
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was going to write to write a long list of wonderful things about this place, but I found I don't have to. It's all here, repeated over and over again in each and every comment (okay, with the very odd exception). A simple "hear, hear" would surely suffice? Ehm, ... NO!
If you were to come here, you'd understand. So what if someone's said it all before, you'll feel this need to confirm, to add on and you'll probably manage to come up with something no one's mentioned before, because this place is special on so many levels, you couldn't possibly list them all. You'll arrive, expecting a B&B, when you leave, you'll realize you were in fact staying at a friends'.

Ps: if at all possible, have Thijs or Dany order a massage at the house for you; it'll be the best gift you ever gave yourself.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am astonished at a recent review of this splendid B&B by AmhurstSparrow. Perhaps a bland 4 Star hotel with privacy and aloof service would be more in their comfort zone. For my husband and myself, this oasis of generosity, artistic sensibility, and sensitive and friendly hospitality is a unique treasure in one of my favourite cities. Quirky it is - in the best possible sense. We will return whenever we can, enjoying the fellowship of strangers over breakfast, the unexpected and interesting conversations that make our stay so special. Dany and Thijs are as helpful as it is possible to be, with recommendations and suggestions of lovely restaurants and enjoyable things to do in their chosen city. Enjoy the charms of this special place and book well in advance. If you insist on an ensuite bathroom, flat screen t.v and a corporate ambience stay elsewhere and leave this unique and charming place so beautifully located in the old town to those who value and appreciate it!

Room Tip: Each room we have stayed in has been comfortable. J
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoyCB
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dani and Thijs really make you feel at home during your stay there. They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy not only your accommodation, but the beautiful city as well.

Upon arrival Dani took the time to extensively explain the map of the city, all the best museums and activities, and most importantly restaurant and bar suggestions.

My room and the apartment were really charming and cosy, and the shared bathroom was not an issue at all for me. Breakfast was a wonderful experience, the breakfast spread was incredible, and again Dani and Thijs really go out of your way to make sure you have everything you could want.

The location was great too. You could walk literally everywhere within the city under 15 minutes, and there were bus stops very close by to lead you to anything outside the city.

Overall it was an amazing experience, I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo