“A perfect B&B in Valencia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Valencia Mindfulness Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Mindfulness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 72 Valencia B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“A perfect B&B in Valencia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wifie and me spend 3 nights at Valencias Mindfulness retreat and felt very comfortable there. I do bodywork and had a workshop to attend in Valencia past Jan. Mindfulness retreat seemed the right choice for our stay and we did not regret our decision. Very clean, very tasteful interior, superb location for exploring beautiful Valencia.
Dany & Thij are great and generous hosts and we also shared great fun with them during the evenings. Both are experienced travelers and have lots of interesting stories to tell. They gave us very helpful advise and made our stay a memorable one.
We hope to be back coming fall for some more:)) Thanks guys! It was a pleasure! Ennio & Sabine

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ennioka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Schaijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

To be honest, I´m more of a gourmet foodie than a yoga-fan, and my idea of mindfulness is bringing enough money when I go on a shopping spree during my city trips. So even though the whole ´mindful´concept is not exactly my cup of tea, I was awed by the amazing reviews and stylish images on TripAdvisor of this Bed ann Breakfast, so booked a city trip to this B & B, and I am very happy I did!

First of all, the location could not be better, with all shops, restaurants and sights within walking distance. Secondly, the decor and atmosphere of the location feels funky, trendy and unusual without being cluttered or too strict, I felt at home instantly! Thirdly, the amazingly friendly hosts made sure I never left the B&B without a list of recommended local boutiques, restaurants and other cool venues. The breakfast was out of this world, I mean, where do you get so much fresh
fruits and a selection of five different cheeses for breakfast?

Used to small (high end) boutique hotels with a bit more privacy, it was a new experience for me to have breakfast with other guests at the same table, but as the Champagne flows freely this turned out more fun than I expected, I even went out for dinner with two guys I met at the breakfast table. Some times I had a glass of wine on the balconies before going out for dinner, other times I felt more like reading in the privacy of my own room, the option of meeting people is there but is by no means something that is expected. It´s more like you´re on Captain Stubing´s Love Boat table on a cruise, but than at breakfast!

So yes, the hosts offer a morning meditation room and it´s possible to take yoga in the center down the street, but if you are not into that, nobody cares and nothing is expected. I sure enjoyed my bubbles at breakfast, but I also had an amazing massage by a Spanish therapist (muchas gracias Francisco!).

If you are in the mood for a fun experience in an amazing location, I would not hesitate to try this unusual Bed and Breakfast. Don´t worry too much if you´re not the yoga-kind-of-gal, I had a blast and will surely return!

(P. S. Hosts have asked me to honestly rate my experience in english at their internationally oriented B & B, and of course I´m happy to oblige. Thanx guys and see you at the next ´REBAJAS!´)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Anne_Bovelett
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dany & Thijs have created an oasis of calm and tranquility in the heart of Valencia which it was simply a pleasure to experience. They are amazing hosts, explaining the lay out of the city, giving tips and suggestions on where to visit and offering to help arrange any reservations you might need during your stay. You are welcomed whole heartedly into their home, where the rooms are spotless, comfortable and quiet. The location is fabulous, 2 seconds from the historical centre of Valencia, where you can easily visit all the historical sites on foot. The location also was extremely safe, which was important for me as a single female travelling alone. The 5* daily breakfasts were delicious and varied, with an abundance of choice and new experiences (I had never had the Danish bread toppings De Ruijter before!) and excellent conversation with Dany & the other guests. Thijs leads the morning yoga/mindfulness sessions, which were open to all, unpressured & required no previous experience. Thijs would provide an explanation of the session and each person was encouraged to experience it for themselves, at their own level. I found them wonderfully supportive, calming and energising. Thijs was also happy to provide suggestions for additional mindfulness resources to aid my understanding. Dany & Thijs have created something truly special in this wonderful city, and I'd like to thank them both for making my stay so fabulous!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Vicki M
Morehead City, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was hard to leave this place. We came to run the Valencia Marathon, and stayed 4 nights here. It was so cozy, warm, homey, and friendly. It was super clean, and even though we shared a bathroom with someone else, it was never a problem and always spotless. Danny and Thyss were wonderful hosts, and there was always lots of lively conversation. My husband enjoyed the Mindfulness practice in the morning, and we both reveled in the superb massage we booked the the evening after the marathon. The breakfasts were excellent, and I ate my first egg from an egg cup. Danny explained how to do it, and also how to eat a pomegranate, which I'd never done, and he didn't make me feel dumb at all! The other folks staying there were from Holland, Ireland, Switzerland, and England so that was interesting for us to get to know them, too. It was a very quiet street, and a very central location to all the sites in the old town and river walk. So many nearby and out of the way little restaurants to choose from. I felt we were treated like family, and I truly hope we can return someday.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilversum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you want to experience what the true sense of welcome means and get 5 star breakfasts in the company of inspiring fellow guests and hosts then this is the place to be.
We enjoyed the lively discussions and the sharing of experiences which are stimulated by the lovely hosts.
What a great way to start your day during a city-trip!!
It brought us to places we would otherwise never have found and gave us an immediate sense of belonging to this magnificent city. The rooms are tastfull , lots of books around and the place is spotless. We will certainly come back!!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank ErikJackie
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I arrived here after staying in a hotel for a week and I felt immediately at home. I have been on a 3 month holiday and have stayed in many different types of B&Bs and hotels. This would have to be the standout for me. On arrival I was hot and dusty after my train trip and I was greeted with a refreshing glass of Cava and a quick tour of the B&B and how things worked. After I had settled in Dany took the time to explain the city and point out areas of interest and some good restaurants. My room and the shared bathroom were spotless. I was only sharing the bathroom with 2 others and it was never a problem. My room was booked for the last 3 days and so I moved to the apartment. I must say I loved the apartment - the little balcony was tiny but had a chair so I could sit out at night with a glass of cava ....Dany or Thys had kindly left a bottle in the fridge for me. The reviews on here about the breakfasts are right - they are great, lots of variety, fruit, yoghurts, breads, cold meats, cheeses and interesting condiments. The B&B is very very central, but in a quiet street of one of the main squares. I walked to my spanish class each day, and in the afternoons hired a bike from around the corner and rode along the river bed to the beach. Dany gave me excellent directions - although I did get lost once because I took the wrong turn - even though he had explained it to me correctly! The other guests were friendly but I didn't see a lot of them - everyone was out and about doing there own thing and I usually had breakfast early. Thys even did my laundry for me one day - I was very grateful for that. This isn't a hotel - so if thats what you want then you might not be satisfied. I am very particular about my accommodation and this is the sort of place that is perfect for me. Quiet, clean, nice hosts, good breakfast and independent access so you can come and go easily. They have set up something really nice here. This is the best B&B I have stayed in, I will definitely be back if I am ever staying in Valencia again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank James R
Belsele, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Very nice B&B in a quit street in the middle of Valencia close to the Turia. We had a room with a balcony and really enjoyed the Cava welcome drink and delicious breakfast with a mix of Spanish and Dutch specialities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends