“This Bed and Breakfast is so much more than a hotel!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Mindfulness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 80 Valencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but I was lured by the Travelers Choice Award and great reviews of this unusual city center location in Valencia, and oh my did I enjoy it!
Yes, you have breakfast with all other guests at a wonderful set table bathing in sunlight every day, and yes, before going out to dinner you might share a glass of Rioja with other guests in one of the salons, but of course there is always the privacy of one´s own room. My private bathroom was spotless at any time.
I loved the central location, the love in design and feel of this beautifully appointed B & B, but most of all I enjoyed sharing my experiences with other guests. I´ve been to five star hotels before, but I´ve never had the time and hospitality as by Dany the host of this B & B. I might not get as lucky next time booking my holidays, but from now on it´s small scale boutique Bed and Breakfasts for me only! It might be quirky, it might be different, but I met a couple from Australia who invited me for a stay next year, and also I met a lady from New York who invited me to her summer house and well, we all became friends. Hosts told me this is what they aim for, and I feel really lucky for this unique experience. If you want 100 % privacy, this amazing ´piece of realness´ might not be your thing. Also, they have morning meditations, and I did not participate (as I can´t stand that stuff and I was here for the Fallas parties). But I felt no pressure at all to join in, and all was good. I have never experienced this level of service before and have travelled extensively. I will be happy to return any time. Thank you Dany and Thijs for a meaningful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside of the house, as it is most quiet and you´ll hear practically nothing a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jose S

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This review is long over due but this is the place to stay if you want to have a fab time in Valencia. It is so good that I long to go back to Valencia just to stay here again.

Thijs and Danny are fantastic hosts! From the first second I put my foot in the B&B I felt that I had made the right choice in booking a room at Valencia Mindfulness Retreat. Getting a glass of cava in my hand on the "second" second just reaffirmed the first feeling. Thjis and Danny makes you feel at ease, they give you the feeling of being old friends and not that they are the host/owner of the B&B.

The B&B is located in the middle of the centre so it is walking distance to pretty much everything. The rooms are cosy and the "communal area" is tastefully decorated. The breakfast is as good as it gets and its a great way of meeting other travelers.

Thijs and Danny´s restaurant recommendations was spot on.

This is a great place to stay in Valencia! It´s a true gem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kustvagen
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is " the " place to visit if you are looking for a fab b&b in the middle of the city. It is spacious, cosy but modern and the breakfast is out of this world. Great way to start your day with a glass of cava, fresh fruit, cereals, croissants, bread rolls and the list goes on.

I have to give a special thanks to Thijs and Danny there hospitality was amazing and they are very thoughtful whenever you think you need something it is already there.

Also there recommendations for restaurants where great we went for the traditional spanish restaurants and they where fantastic and most of the time we where the only tourists.

All in all we had a fantastic weekend and would highly recommend this b&b.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Marieke S
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wifie and me spend 3 nights at Valencias Mindfulness retreat and felt very comfortable there. I do bodywork and had a workshop to attend in Valencia past Jan. Mindfulness retreat seemed the right choice for our stay and we did not regret our decision. Very clean, very tasteful interior, superb location for exploring beautiful Valencia.
Dany & Thij are great and generous hosts and we also shared great fun with them during the evenings. Both are experienced travelers and have lots of interesting stories to tell. They gave us very helpful advise and made our stay a memorable one.
We hope to be back coming fall for some more:)) Thanks guys! It was a pleasure! Ennio & Sabine

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ennioka
Reviewed 4 March 2014

To be honest, I´m more of a gourmet foodie than a yoga-fan, and my idea of mindfulness is bringing enough money when I go on a shopping spree during my city trips. So even though the whole ´mindful´concept is not exactly my cup of tea, I was awed by the amazing reviews and stylish images on TripAdvisor of this Bed ann Breakfast, so booked a city trip to this B & B, and I am very happy I did!

First of all, the location could not be better, with all shops, restaurants and sights within walking distance. Secondly, the decor and atmosphere of the location feels funky, trendy and unusual without being cluttered or too strict, I felt at home instantly! Thirdly, the amazingly friendly hosts made sure I never left the B&B without a list of recommended local boutiques, restaurants and other cool venues. The breakfast was out of this world, I mean, where do you get so much fresh
fruits and a selection of five different cheeses for breakfast?

Used to small (high end) boutique hotels with a bit more privacy, it was a new experience for me to have breakfast with other guests at the same table, but as the Champagne flows freely this turned out more fun than I expected, I even went out for dinner with two guys I met at the breakfast table. Some times I had a glass of wine on the balconies before going out for dinner, other times I felt more like reading in the privacy of my own room, the option of meeting people is there but is by no means something that is expected. It´s more like you´re on Captain Stubing´s Love Boat table on a cruise, but than at breakfast!

So yes, the hosts offer a morning meditation room and it´s possible to take yoga in the center down the street, but if you are not into that, nobody cares and nothing is expected. I sure enjoyed my bubbles at breakfast, but I also had an amazing massage by a Spanish therapist (muchas gracias Francisco!).

If you are in the mood for a fun experience in an amazing location, I would not hesitate to try this unusual Bed and Breakfast. Don´t worry too much if you´re not the yoga-kind-of-gal, I had a blast and will surely return!

(P. S. Hosts have asked me to honestly rate my experience in english at their internationally oriented B & B, and of course I´m happy to oblige. Thanx guys and see you at the next ´REBAJAS!´)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Anne_Bovelett
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dany & Thijs have created an oasis of calm and tranquility in the heart of Valencia which it was simply a pleasure to experience. They are amazing hosts, explaining the lay out of the city, giving tips and suggestions on where to visit and offering to help arrange any reservations you might need during your stay. You are welcomed whole heartedly into their home, where the rooms are spotless, comfortable and quiet. The location is fabulous, 2 seconds from the historical centre of Valencia, where you can easily visit all the historical sites on foot. The location also was extremely safe, which was important for me as a single female travelling alone. The 5* daily breakfasts were delicious and varied, with an abundance of choice and new experiences (I had never had the Danish bread toppings De Ruijter before!) and excellent conversation with Dany & the other guests. Thijs leads the morning yoga/mindfulness sessions, which were open to all, unpressured & required no previous experience. Thijs would provide an explanation of the session and each person was encouraged to experience it for themselves, at their own level. I found them wonderfully supportive, calming and energising. Thijs was also happy to provide suggestions for additional mindfulness resources to aid my understanding. Dany & Thijs have created something truly special in this wonderful city, and I'd like to thank them both for making my stay so fabulous!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Vicki M
Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was hard to leave this place. We came to run the Valencia Marathon, and stayed 4 nights here. It was so cozy, warm, homey, and friendly. It was super clean, and even though we shared a bathroom with someone else, it was never a problem and always spotless. Danny and Thyss were wonderful hosts, and there was always lots of lively conversation. My husband enjoyed the Mindfulness practice in the morning, and we both reveled in the superb massage we booked the the evening after the marathon. The breakfasts were excellent, and I ate my first egg from an egg cup. Danny explained how to do it, and also how to eat a pomegranate, which I'd never done, and he didn't make me feel dumb at all! The other folks staying there were from Holland, Ireland, Switzerland, and England so that was interesting for us to get to know them, too. It was a very quiet street, and a very central location to all the sites in the old town and river walk. So many nearby and out of the way little restaurants to choose from. I felt we were treated like family, and I truly hope we can return someday.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple