“Far beyond five stars”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Mindfulness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 80 Valencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The more you travel the more you start to appreciate places like the wonderful homestay of Dani and Thijs. It is all about the big heart they put into their business. Many people say it is a home away from home and true it is. They only receive ten guests at a time and the highlight is the communal breakfast that can last for hours as the choice of food is plentiful and the people gathered around the table most often beautiful. Just utter your wish and it will become true. Fruits are brought fresh from the market each morning, croissants hot, selection of cheeses, hams and jams plus a Dutch corner with pindakaas and hagelslag. And the cava, of course! The week I stayed with them, Thijs was there alone and made a job of more than two people, holding the social part as well, besides his million other duties. He took time for each and every one of us to give tips on his favourite restaurants, museums and sights in town and outside. He even had time for collective yoga and meditation hours, voluntary but wonderful. And I highly recommend the relaxing massage you can book in advance. Rooms are simple but all you need for a good night sleep is a bed and some peace and quiet. You would have to share your bathroom with the inmates of another room, but Thijs is cleaning the facilities even more often than necessary, changing the towels and wiping the floors three times a day. There is a minibar at your disposal in exchange of a voluntary contribution and long (and high) shelves of books with literature for all tastes. Wifi works without interruptions and you get your beach bag packed when in need for some sea breeze. Everything is at hand; you are in the very centre of the wonderful city that would remain impersonal without the advice given by Thijs and Dani. I had to change for a 4-star hotel for my last week in Valencia, because this was closer to the place I had to show up in the early morning hours, meaning I would have missed the wonderful breakfasts if I would have stayed with Thijs. Except that the room in the hotel was somewhat bigger and had an AC, there was absolutely nothing, not a thing that compares to the Valencia Mindfulness Retreat. Just keep your mind open and you will be treated with warmth and friendship you will experience in no hostel or a hotel in the world.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank kerti

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at Valencia Mindfulness B&B for one week during an extended period of travel. It was like having a home away from home. The location is ideal for exploring the city, breakfast with the other guests is delicious and fun, and the accomodations are excellent. What made my stay exceptional was the hospitality and warmth of the hosts (Danny and Thijs). They go out of their way to ensure that your visit to Valencia is as good as it can be. They will take time to orient you to the city, provide sugggestions for activities and restaurants and think of the small touches that will make your day a bit better. For example, the day I went to the beach I magically found a beach bag packed with a towel, big water bottle, sunscreen and magazines waiting for me by my room! While this was my first time staying at a B&B, I spoke with other guests and they shared that Valencia Mindfulness Retreat really distinguishes itself from others in its quality and atmosphere. I feel really lucky that I found it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RhondaBKLYN
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a wonderful 5-night stay. Thijs immediately welcomed us with cava and fresh fruit. He really made time for us to explain the highlights of Valencia and gave us a lot of insider tips ranging from museums, restaurants to the best place to go to at the beach. Tips you will not find in any travellers guide.

The breakfast was better than a 4-star hotel. Each day we had lots of different fresh fruits, home-made bread, croissants, ham and cheeses. And we really enjoyed the excellent cava at the breakfast table. It is also fun to meet and talk with the other guests and to hear the funny stories from Thijs.

Even though we are not into yoga and mindfulness, we really enjoyed our stay at this wonderful B&B which is ideally located. Only 1 minute to Plaza del Virgen and the old city centre but the B&B is situated in a quiet street.

Muchas gracias por todo!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neske83
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Valencia Mindfulness B&B in mid July on a long weekend away. It has such a lovely atmosphere, the hosts (Danny & Thijs) are wonderful warm and kind people. We were treated to Cava and fresh fruit and cakes on arrival along with excellent tips and info about how best to tackle a city like Valencia. Throughout our stay our private bathroom was cleaned on a daily basis and our rooms also. I've never been to a B&B where there is so much thought that goes into every minute detail. Hats off to you chaps!!! The B&B is situated right in the centre of the old town, with a very short distance to the beach. We found it best to hire some bikes and cycle through the park, however there are many methods to get there. Every morning a banquet was served up for breakfast, with anything anyone could ever want. If there was something missing, it was sourced! Over breakfast we had long conversations with the other guests, Danny and Thijs, it was hard to tear ourselves away however, we had some serious sunbathing to get on with. I really could have sat there all day drinking and eating otherwise! As we were so centrally located it was super easy to do some touristy stuff. We were also really close to some truly amazing restaurants with only a short walk back after lots of food and wine. Phew! The one thing that I regret is not getting up early enough to join one of the Yoga classes.... However, this does give me and my partner a really good excuse to return to the Valencia Mindfulness Retreat. I can't wait!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you are ever in Valencia, you absolutely must stay at the Valencia Mindfulness Retreat. This is a beautiful, well maintained home right in the heart of the historic centre of Valencia. The location is perfect, the energy in the home is easy and effortless, the lounging areas inviting and welcoming, the breakfast sumptuous and scrumptious (and a great opportunity to meet and chat with fellow travellers.) Nothing however compares to the fabulous, uninhibited warmth and hospitality of hosts Dany and Thijs who have mastered the art of making each guest feel special and welcome. Upon arrival, Thijs sat down with me to ask questions about my interests and what I would like to do while in Valencia. He emphasized points of interest on a map of the city, and drew directions to various restaurants that he thought I might enjoy. Thijs and Dany are both very knowledgeable about Valencia and very generous in sharing that knowledge with their guests. I chose to join Thijs in the 8 am meditation/ yoga sessions and both days it was a wonderful, serene experience. There is absolutely no pressure to participate if guests wish to sleep in. Careful attention is paid to every small detail in order to create a wonderful experience for guests. My one regret is that I only was able to stay 2 days with Dany and Thijs. I will definitely return, as I have gained two wonderful, dear friends. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AnthuriumLily
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This retreat was just my cup of tea; homey, great mattresses (changed room three times due to late booking and all were good!), fabulous hosts, perfect location! But, if you do NOT want to converse with other guests over long lasting breakfasts and seek to stay in your room constantly rather than using the open spaces, then this place is not for you. Fellow traveller were interesting breakfast company and living spaces perfect for checking emails/news and kicking back with a glass in the afternoon. Loved my stay which Dany and Thijs made better by becoming my companions and friends!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lise A
Reviewed 5 July 2014

we loved staying at Valencia Mindfulness B&B. in addition to the perfect location just off the historic plaza and the option to participate in a little morning meditation or stretching, we totally felt "at home away from home" in the city...as if staying at the historic home of a dear friend. My daughter and I felt like favorite houseguests and got great recommendations for restaurants & places to see. We especially enjoyed sitting with the other guests from other countries at the beautifully arranged breakfast one morning and sharing stories about our funny experiences travelling and our different takes on current events. our hosts put much care and thoughtfulness into making us feel welcome. the fully stocked honor bar with cold drinks was awesome after a long day sightseeing. We missed Dany and Mateo after we left!

Room Tip: This is a home. All of the rooms have plus & minus. we were'nt excited to share a bathroom...