“Perfect weekend”

Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We've just spent a wonderful weekend there and I must say that we didn't expect that quality of service as hotels are generally bad in Spain. The hotel is perfectly located to visit the center as well as the city of sciences which is just a 25-min walk from there. The staff is very kind. We got upgrade to a large room with terrace which was just perfect. Quality products were provided in bathroom. Breakfast was also of high quality. There's also a SPA with jacuzzi, hammam and sauna. We definitely have nothing to complain about. Well, my gf wasn't really satisfied by the massage as she got something else than what I booked, but I didn't have any problem with mine, I'd just say that it was a bit cold there. Overall, we had a very great time there. Definitely the best hotel we've tried so far in Spain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julien_Palma
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Julien,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our property.

I am proud to read that you think our hotel is the best you have tried in Spain!! I just can say thank you for that, this kind of comments help our team to continue working hard to improve our service.

Please, I remain at your disposal if you would like to come back to Valencia in the coming future.

Ignacio Zoco.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Beautiful building with some lovely features. Really good position, in a quiet street, but easy walking to everything.
Big room, big bathroom, but a strange layout. The staff where friendly and very helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations.
Breakfast was excellent.
Only one disappointment the pool was tiny and really shallow, not really for swiiming in, but my husband enjoyed the steam room and sauna.
Also we were very disappointed with the massage not very good for the money, but they did refund half the fee when we told the manager we were not impressed.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room at the back of the hotel on the second floor which got beautiful sunshine in th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aphrodite_gal
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your trust in Hospes Palau de la Mar for your last stay in Valencia.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay, although the spa and massage have not reached your expectations.

About the spa, I agree it is small, but cosy and clean and I always say that we do not have a swimming pool, but a relaxing pool.

I wish that if you come back to Valencia you will choose once again our property because I will be very glad to welcome you back again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in the last week of August 2013 for 3 nights. The lobby is beautiful and the staff very helpful. However, the rooms are not by any stretch of the imagination 5 stars. The room was worn, small and cramped and there was a terrible smell in the room that I believe was associated with the recycled rubber that was part of the large blinds that covered the window. We mentioned this to the front desk and they didn't even bother to get back to us. We were only staying for a few nights so I didn't pursue it. When I compare this five star hotel to one like the Hotel Omm we stayed at when we visited Barcelona it doesn't even come close. Beware, this is not a five star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard B

Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your stay in our Hospes Palau de la Mar.

Please, accept my sincere apologies and I remain at your disposal if you plan to visit Valencia in the coming future in order to manage your reservation personally.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice place, relaxing massage, fantastic customer service! The location is close to the most important attractions. The staff made us feel just at home. I had some bad experiences in the past with hotels that were too busy to take care of guests properly however I didn't feel that here at all. Best service ever!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marta,

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our property.

I am very proud of my team and to read that our service has reached your expectations is the best news for all of us. This kind of motivation help us to continue working hard and overcoming our goals.

Looking forward to welcome you back again in the coming future,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

the hotel was lovely and staff were superb. rooms were small and there was no storage space but sparse shelving. the bed was a bit hard and had difficult time sleeping. the gym was not much. very basic but clean. one machine was broken, should have been labeled as such. the staff gave great restaurant recommendations. an okay visit to valencia!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Mrs. Turnas,

I am very sorry to read that our hotel has not reached your expectations during your last stay in Valencia the last month of June.

At least, our staff has made their best to make yo feel at home and they have gave you nice restaurant recomendations.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to come back to Valencia in the next future, I will manage personally your reservation in order to be sure that everything is perfect during your stay.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

11/01/2014

Very nice hotel and in a location that makes it very very easy to access all areas of the city !

The staff were exceptional.....

The 2 x ladies loved the Spa :-)

The standard rooms are a little small but perfectly ok for 1 or 2 nights if i was staying longer or had a larger budget i would have upgraded to one of the superior rooms....

Would definately stay here again :-)

:-)

Room Tip: Breakfast - Fantastic french style bakery around the corner (4 mins walk) - La Petite Brioche Even...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank satp_13

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you, first of all, for taking the time to share your experience in our Hospes Palau de la Mar with the Tripadvisor community. And, of course, thank you for your kind comments regarding our property.

I am proud to read that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay and I hope to welcome you back soon in Valencia.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

After our (8 nights) stay and after reading many of the existing evaluations, we noticed the big distance between the Director's answers to some identical claims and the existing reality.
An hotel that only has heating at fix temperature ( instead adjustable A/C ) during winter it's not a 5 stars one. An hotel with that fix temperature heating the, so call, fitness room until a very uncomfortable feeling, it's not a 5 star hotel, and almost the same happens with other common areas.
Frayed towels are not distinctive of 5 star hotels and rooms called "Dreamers" are near trickery.
Indeed, they offer a very good breakfast and good attention from staff , but again showing a huge discrepancy between the "front stage" and the "back stage" as the first ones knows very well where are the weakness but it seems, from the management, the intention to solve the claims don't go beyond the just polite answer letters.
Definitely NOT and far away of 5 stars hotels.
Adrian

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adrianorberto
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

I am sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. We have noted all your remarks and we will do our best to improve them for your next visit to the city.

Best Regards,